Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Chicken fat in Timberwolf?

MyBirdIsEvil
June 22nd, 2008, 05:49 PM
Sorry if this has already been asked, I didn't find anything on it when I searched, but when did Timberwolf start adding chicken fat? I specifically fed it to Walnut because there were no chicken products in it and now I see that every single formula lists chicken fat as one of the main ingredients.
There also seems to be more grains in there than there used to be but I don't have any old ingredient list to compare to, so perhaps I'm wrong on that.

Either way, I guess I won't be feeding this stuff anymore, especially since I just noticed there's a recall because of digestive issues.

rainbow
June 23rd, 2008, 12:06 PM
From the dog food project website Dec. 8/07:

http://forums.dogfoodproject.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=33156&Main=33156

MyBirdIsEvil
June 23rd, 2008, 09:24 PM
As for the chicken fat in the Ocean Blue and the Dakota Bison it has always in all of our formulations. Do to an oversight when we switched bag manufacturers a few years ago it was left off the ingredient list and wasn't discovered until we switched to the new bag manufacturer and started to review the label. We apologize for any perceived deceit as there was none intended.

Lovely. I don't get my info off the bag, I get it off the website, so why didn't it say chicken fat if it's always been in there?

I did notice Walnut itching again even while still on Timberwolf late last year, but I put her on a different food (due to budget issues at the time) and didn't check Timberwolf's ingredients until I almost ordered a bag yesterday.

What lame excuses from this company, I definately won't be recommending them to anyone else . :frustrated:

rainbow
June 24th, 2008, 03:35 AM
Lovely. I don't get my info off the bag, I get it off the website, so why didn't it say chicken fat if it's always been in there?

I would say to contact the company but their customer service sucks too. :rolleyes:

becmonchu
June 26th, 2008, 08:16 AM
If its any of these , please be advised of the food recall.

http://timberwolforganics.com/News-and-Events;jsessionid=0a01054f1f43f6673da2d9594b79b493 b9853359266b.e3eTaxiNaN0Te34Pa38Ta38Lb3r0

newts2
August 2nd, 2008, 10:22 AM
We have used Timberwolf since we were told Tia our 3 year old ****zu is allergic to her environment. We chose it because it didn't include Chicken fat. Recently the product packaging changed and after a week on the new food Tia had become very ichy scratchy and severe diarrhea. Our male ****zu on the same food is also scratching and has diarrhea as well. I took the food back and contacted the company via e-mail and was told the same thing you were told.
How can they say ORGANIC are all the chickens they use for the food Organic chickens I think not.
Very upset in Surrey