Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ottawa doggy moms/dads? Are you out there?

LadyZ
June 22nd, 2008, 04:01 PM
:pawprint::pawprint::dog::thumbs up::dog::pawprint::pawprint:

Hello all,

I have 3 dogs, from 2 1/2 to 13 yrs.

We are regulars at Conroy Pit, Arboredum-Exp Farm and Landsdown Park.

Do you ever go to these parks?

Diane, Lady, Zorro and Chester.

BusterBoo
June 22nd, 2008, 04:03 PM
Hi and welcome!

I have been to the Arboretum but didn't know there was a park at Lansdown for dogs??

LadyZ
June 22nd, 2008, 04:24 PM
Hello,
I would love you to pass it on.

The park is fenced in, an acre or two, treed, some grass and well packed soil. Free parking from Colonel By Driveway just south-west of 5th Ave and access from the Bank St main entrance if they have nothing going on.
Just say you are going to the dog park, must have dog :), and they'll let you through. What I enjoy the most is the Lansdown parking lot lighting, for those after 5pm, and already dark, late fall and winter walks.
It's pretty boring for me to be there on my own but my dogs can have fun anywhere.

FYI: Some folks enjoy their own company more than the new person's but they are always nice to the dogs. :)... and others are down right friendly.
Well trained dogs and people are welcomed. Poop and scooping compulsary.

Enjoy, Diane. :pawprint::dog::dog::dog::pawprint:

jealma
June 22nd, 2008, 09:56 PM
Hi, I dont live in Ottawa, I"m an hour out so I don't use that park. Actually we don't have a dog park in my little town but generally people do walk their dogs in the few parks we have ,, on leash and do the poop scoop. Other than a few not so responsible people inspite of the town laws. Welcome to the forum and hope to hear lots from you.

LadyZ
June 23rd, 2008, 12:01 AM
Hello Jealma,

I tried to find Abby in the Pet member's list but couldn't. :dog:
How old is she now?

I have met folks from 45 minutes away that came in especially to walk/run their boxers at Conroy Pit. They called it 'doggy heaven'. The the villagers seemed to think they were a mean spirited breed. The Boxers did hit me with their waggaly tails...But that is far from criminal. :)

Diane:pawprint::pawprint::dog::dog::dog::pawprint: :pawprint:

Sarah Bella
June 25th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Ottawa here!!!!

We are Bruce Pitters as we live in the west end :) We do plan to see conroy pit this summer at some point.

Maureen

LadyZ
June 26th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Hello there,
Welcome. I'm new to.

What kind of dog do you have?

My dogs are 20 - 25 lb each. :) and can be seen in the Dog Page directory under: Lady, Zorro and Chester... if you'd like to see them. :dog::dog::dog:
:angel: They are my little angels.:angel::angel:

BTW: Last night I was walking with my neices and their little ittybitty 9# dog AT none other than Bruce Pit. It is lovely out there in the far west end. :D Joking. It used to be so far away and now driving out there takes no time at all. Just loads of gas. :(

We Ottawa doggy people sure are lucky to have soooo many dog friendly areas for our buddies to run in.

Look forward to reading more from you, Diane.