Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Driving 8 hours with cats...

duttypaws
June 22nd, 2008, 09:21 AM
As you know in 5 months we fly home!! So... problem being they will be 6 hours in crates on the plane AND... 7 hours driving.... im worried that they will hold in their pee....

any solutions to get them to pee... i was going to bring a littler tray... the disposable ones...

krdahmer
June 22nd, 2008, 11:30 AM
Even if they did hold it, I'm sure that wouldn't be so bad.... 13 or so hours is not an emergency, Fagan held it for over 30 hours and was fine. But maybe after the car ride, you could offer them a litter box, I wouldn't be surprised though if they were too stressed to go.

:goodvibes: for a safe trip!

duttypaws
June 22nd, 2008, 12:37 PM
well mum is pretty sure they will go in the box during take off.... from fear.... i cant think of anything worse needing the loo as a human..

mum said they will prob hold it in till we're home.... where they have to deal with a dog and 2 more cats.. they will be in my bedroom for the first few weeks...

poppy should be ok... its lola who might freak!

here is poppy modelling her crate.... lola is a bit smarter... going no where near it... I thought they were too big but when she stood up and sniffed the roof she can touch it with her nose and u can see she fits the base....

ancientgirl
June 22nd, 2008, 12:53 PM
I know Swheat Scoop has disposable litter boxes. They aren't really big but one might fit in the crate. If they can't hold it it's somewhere to go at least. Once off the plane you can always take it out:shrug:

14+kitties
June 22nd, 2008, 12:56 PM
Beautiful kitty!!!
You know they make small plastic, square litter boxes that fit perfectly in those airline carriers, right? I have one here and use it for an emergency bed when I need it. The litter box fits right in the back. That way if they need it it's there. I know it will make the carrier a little more cramped but if you are worried about toileting while on trip it may help. :shrug:

duttypaws
June 22nd, 2008, 01:52 PM
welll... i was going to pack one of the disposabe ones you can get in my luggage.... and will take it out in the car... im not worried if they go in the box... i just dont know a cat that doesnt hold it in if they cant find litter....