Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Two more as of yesterday

14+kitties
June 21st, 2008, 06:31 AM
I think these are the last two of the ones born this spring. At least I hope so. These two sweeties were caught separately yesterday. I had the trap set up and got the girl first, then set it up again and a few hours later got the boy. The little gal is not very friendly but she will settle. The boy seems very timid.
Now :fingerscr I get the moms soon. Trap is still set.

ancientgirl
June 21st, 2008, 07:09 AM
They're precious! I hope you manage to get mom soon. :fingerscr

kimnmark
June 21st, 2008, 07:28 AM
:fingerscr for the mom.
They look so sweet :lovestruck:

angeldogs
June 21st, 2008, 10:46 AM
I'm with the rest :fingerscryou catch momma
They are adorable

krdahmer
June 21st, 2008, 10:47 AM
Aw they look a little in shock, but kittens get over it pretty quick!

:goodvibes: & :fingerscr that the mom's are easy to catch too!

Winston
June 21st, 2008, 11:19 AM
14+ how old do you figure they are? do they have seperate momma's ? yikes! as if you dont have enough already! THank god you have had help from TCR!

By the way they are so cute? which one is which?

Cindy

loopoo
June 21st, 2008, 01:02 PM
awww they are precious:lovestruck: definitely good luck with getting the mom:fingerscr

CyberKitten
June 21st, 2008, 01:24 PM
They are both adorable! Good luck in getting mom!

14+kitties
June 21st, 2008, 04:02 PM
14+ how old do you figure they are? do they have seperate momma's ? yikes! as if you dont have enough already! THank god you have had help from TCR!

By the way they are so cute? which one is which?

Cindy

Winston - from looks of them they are a very close relative of Chip n' Dale and TT so that makes them somewhere between 10 and 11 weeks. Tomtoo wasn't around very long before he was snipped. :rolleyes: Soon enough to make two more families though. Same momma as Whiskey, the one I caught last week.
This momma and the other one are the ones who have eluded the trap so far. I have to pull out all stops now to nab them. The other momma is pregnant already! I have no idea what happened to her surviving kitten. I haven't seen it in about 3 weeks. :sad: Probably a snake or hawk. Poor baby.
Yes, you are right, I am so fortunate to have help from the TCR!! I don't know where I would be without them. I wish Luba would get her comp fixed so I could let her know how much I appreciate her getting me in touch with them.
As to which is which - boy is on left, girl is on right. Only way to tell them apart is by sex, of course, and the boy is a little darker. They are settling in quite nicely.

Thanks everyone for the crossedfingers. I need them with these two!!!

hazelrunpack
June 21st, 2008, 04:22 PM
Could the mama be lured in by her babies? Could you somehow set the live trap up in their vicinity? Or are they past the age where she'll keep an eye on them (:o I know nada about katts :D can you tell? :o)

They really are darling. :lovestruck: Such little tykes!

chico2
June 21st, 2008, 04:28 PM
Aww 14+,they are adorable,I think I'll come on vacation at your house:laughing:
I just needed to reply to yours and then quit,things are just soooo slow..:yell:

14+kitties
June 21st, 2008, 05:19 PM
hazel - this mom is the one who disappears as soon as kittens are old enough to fend for themselves. I haven't seen her now for a few weeks. Probably coming in at night to check on them and then back to the bush. No luring with kittens. That would mean endangering a kitty. Their vicinity is in my kitchen! :D I was just telling hubby I am going to let them out to play with the others for a while tomorrow night after work.
Chico - com'mon over!! The more the merrier. I am back up to 10 kitties in the house. I released the mommas earlier today. They are still hanging around the house.
I thought your comp issues were fixed? It sounds like you may need to take it in for a cleaning or have The Geek Squad come and clean it. :shrug:

rainbow
June 21st, 2008, 06:53 PM
I love tabbies and those two are adorable. :lovestruck: Good luck with momma. :goodvibes:

Frenchy
June 21st, 2008, 08:26 PM
Good job 14+kitties !! Good luck with the mommy. :goodvibes:

14+kitties
June 21st, 2008, 08:55 PM
Thanks Frenchy! Rainbow - I like tabbies too. Good thing, huh? :D
Kitties are a little easier to catch than mommas. Expecially when dumb neighbours have caught them (the moms) in traps before and let them go. Cats aren't stupid. They know not to go back into the trap. I am doing everything I can to catch the last two moms. If what I have set up now doesn't work I will try to disguise the trap a little more with twigs. Make it truly camoflauged.
The only thing you have to worry about with kittens are their sharp little teeth and claws. The girl chomped down on my thumb yesterday. Youch!! Good thing I was wearing work gloves. :rolleyes:

chico2
June 22nd, 2008, 07:42 AM
14+,yes Aslan was kind enough to try to fix it,which I am very grateful for,but the problem persist:yell:it's always better in the morning for some reason.
I only have problems with the Forum,nothing else..I probably spend too much time here anyway:frustrated:
Good luck catching the mommy-cats!!
I will try giving Luba a call,to see what the problem is,she is not a very healthy young lady,hope she's ok,she has a heart of gold.

ancientgirl
June 22nd, 2008, 07:44 AM
Chico, for what it's worth, I have issues also. There are times when I have to refresh several times during a session.:shrug:

growler~GateKeeper
June 23rd, 2008, 01:32 AM
:highfive: Excellent catch Geri :D

:goodvibes: for nabbing the mamas soon, very very soon! :goodvibes: