Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Extremely graphic: totally sick!!!!!!

rebel24
July 6th, 2004, 02:33 PM
I got this from another site. This mad me so sick i can not believe people still so this. If you have a weak stomach be careful looking at these photos they literally made me sick. Something needs to be done about this. I don't know if this link will work but I'll try:

This was posted on the MSN Bullyboard..

This is something that will not going away very soon,but I(feel that all of us can contribute to the fight against cruelty to these animals..

WARNING!!Do not go to this link if you have a weak stomach.. and if you don't you will afterwards..WARNING!!

WARNING!!From Dog Farm to Soup Bowl WARNING!!
This was posted on the MSN Bullyboard..

This is something that will not going away very soon,but I(feel that all of us can contribute to the fight against cruelty to these animals..

WARNING!!Do not go to this link if you have a weak stomach.. and if you don't you will afterwards..WARNING!

http://koreananimals.org/dogs_p1.htm

heidiho
July 6th, 2004, 02:34 PM
I couldnt open it..

rebel24
July 6th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Try now............

sammiec
July 6th, 2004, 02:40 PM
That's absolutely disgusting.... but....East Indians believe that the cow is a sacred animal, that's pretty much what we do to our cattle and pigs...I don't agree to with it, but this is similar to the discussion in the Peta thread.. other coutries don't find it so offensive. :(

Spoiled
July 6th, 2004, 02:45 PM
What about number 16?? :mad:

sammiec
July 6th, 2004, 02:50 PM
I'm not sure what you're post was supposed to me, I didn't say that I didn't find it offensive.

What about this.. don't you find this offensive?? - it's a fact of our everyday life. Korea has dog for dinner, we have a big juicy steak. There's a difference in our eyes, but don't you think that they might have a similar difference?? :(

Lucky Rescue
July 6th, 2004, 02:57 PM
One request - please don't post graphic or offensive pictures here without a warning in your title, or just post a link. Many people do not want to see pictures like this.(I'm one of them)

This reminds me of emails I got awhile ago with people screaming about dog hides being made into coats in some country - sorry I forget which one.

While I don't think ANY animals should ever be killed for their pelts, what's the difference between using dog fur, or the pelts taken from wild animals who are killed in terrible ways? I don't see why one is worse than the other. Too many people seem to think it's o.k. to kill animals for frivolous reasons as long as they aren't the animals we have chosen as pets. :confused:

Spoiled
July 6th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Sorry, I guess I was just totaly ticked off and didn't make what I meant clear. Of course you find it offensive. But most of the other people in Korea... I just don't understand that how those people don't find it offensive. At least we don't go around selling cow meat like that in the market. :mad:

Spoiled
July 6th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Sorry LR, I'll take that off right away.

Princesss04
July 6th, 2004, 02:59 PM
That is so awful and the sad thing is that we do it to all the cows, pigs, deers, rabbits, birds, turkeys, and MUCH more. It is awful what they do to animals over in other countries, but the same to us here in the states. I do not see how people can sleep (the ones selling all the animals over there) that is so WRONG! :mad:

rebel24
July 6th, 2004, 03:00 PM
to me its offensive it just makes me sick to someone kill a dog like that. sorry you see it different. maybe we do kill cows to eat them but do we electcute them still alive just so the meat tastes better. NO! do we kill them out in the street in unclean areas for all to see? No! Do we steal cows or poison someone else's cows just for there meat? No! so to me that is sick and disugting what they are doing over there.

sammiec
July 6th, 2004, 03:08 PM
to me its offensive it just makes me sick to someone kill a dog like that. sorry you see it different. maybe we do kill cows to eat them but do we electcute them still alive just so the meat tastes better. NO! do we kill them out in the street in unclean areas for all to see? No! Do we steal cows or poison someone else's cows just for there meat? No! so to me that is sick and disugting what they are doing over there.

Yes, they actually do electrocute them!!! educate yourself first!
*** please be advised - some description below might be uncomfortable for some people ***

I have had the unfortunate task of hearing a pig squeal to death while it was electrocuted in a slaughter house. I have seen them have their hair burned off before being skinned because it was easier for the knife to get through... come on, we are just as sick as other people, don't be so narrow minded.. :mad:

glasslass
July 6th, 2004, 03:11 PM
I'm sorry, I just am unable to look! I know what atrocities go on, but I'm just too weak to look at it. :mad:

Spoiled
July 6th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Yes we are. These things are happening right under our noses, and hardly any take action, while in a different country it seems so much worse.

rebel24
July 6th, 2004, 03:32 PM
what makes so offensive to me is that this is illegal over there but the gov. does nothing to stop it. So someone there sees something wrong with it.

heidiho
July 6th, 2004, 03:51 PM
OH MY GOD,I have never seen anything like that,i have heard about it,that is horrendous........................................ ................

sammiec
July 6th, 2004, 03:59 PM
what makes so offensive to me is that this is illegal over there but the gov. does nothing to stop it. So someone there sees something wrong with it.

Then why does our government let this happen???...do you think this is legal here? If so, doesn't that make us the same... or even more offensive??! I was here in North America when I saw this.

heidiho
July 6th, 2004, 04:06 PM
I have heard some pretty in humane ways we kill our food in the us.....

Iggette
July 6th, 2004, 04:19 PM
An old saying seems to fit here

"Ignorance is Bliss"

Doesn't help the situation any I know

But I myself could not mustard the courage to look at such pictures as I know

it would just break my heart. The unseen images are bad enough :(

sammiec
July 6th, 2004, 04:21 PM
That's my point! Thanks Heidi! Unfortunately many countries do not find this as digraceful as we do. They have many markets where they hang chickens (only with their feathers plucked), or they sell slabs of meat that are unpackaged and just wrapped in paper when you take it home. This is a way of live, if we choose to accept it our not, that's our problem.

sammiec
July 6th, 2004, 04:23 PM
An old saying seems to fit here

"Ignorance is Bliss"

Amen to that Iggi!!
All offensive images have been removed.

heidiho
July 6th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Honestly if i could be a vegetarian i would,i guess it makes me somewhat of a hypocrite,where do you draw the line???Leather coats,eating fish,clothes,i looke at peta one day,i mean you cant wear or eat anything associated with animals......

cmt489
July 6th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Heidiho - you draw the line where ever you find your own comfort zone. Myself, I am a vegetarian although I will eat fish at times and still partake in eggs and dairy (free range eggs only and organic dairy; our dairy farms in BC are not the large factory farms seen in the US - marketing boards are good for some things I suppose... ;) ) I have made peace with the fact that I am a hypocrite in that I do wear leather goods (shoes and purses - I suppose this is because I just haven't found a good Italian designer that deals in pleather yet :rolleyes: ). I figure by not eatting animals everyday I am doing my part...

Oliver and Nadia on the other hand, a vegetarian diet is not healthy for them so they eat all the meat that I pass on - LOL!!! :D

Michelle

heidiho
July 6th, 2004, 04:42 PM
CMT 489,well said.........

chico2
July 6th, 2004, 04:56 PM
I will not look at any pictures where animals are tortured,or for that matter people too.I would have nightmares.I am not ignorant to what goes on in the rest of the world,especially Asia or in our slaughter-houses and some illegal slaughtering that goes on,sometimes in our backyard.
However,after seeing,by accident,on TV how a cat was prepared for cooking alive,somewhere in China,I think they do go one step further than our slaughter-houses.
Mind you,we cook lobsters alive,to me a sickening practise..
But then,I am probably a bit over the top,I get sick seeing a truck-load of pigs on their way to slaughter,or fish and lobster in a tank at the grocery store,I'll make a detour so I don't have to look at them.
We can make a difference by helping SPCA to push for Bill C55(I think that is the number now)the anti-cruelty law,it's been ignored for years in our government.
The current 100-year old law views animals as property,not creatures capable of feelings.The new law would protect animals,even live-stock from cruel transportation,cruel factory farms etc....and hand out higher fines and jail-time to people willfully abusing animals.
Most people rejectimg the new law are from out west,farmers,hunters and others.It all comes down to $$$$$,it would cost too much to treat the animals with a bit of compassion,even if they are destined for the bbq.
I am ranting again,sorry!!

sammiec
July 6th, 2004, 04:58 PM
That's an Excellent rant Chico! very well said! I agree.

heidiho
July 6th, 2004, 05:04 PM
I love lobster but to have it cooked alive is sick,i could not go into a restaurant and pick one out of a tank and have them cook it.................

Missy
July 6th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Very well said Chico, you make some excellent points.

I personally would rather not have to these view horrible images,
I am well aware of what goes on in the world but I would really
rather avoid exposure to graphic pictures.

Rolly
July 7th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Speaking of lobsters in a tank...my daughter and grandson and i were grocery shopping one day in Zehr's..we passed the lobster tank and Jake asked his mother what that man (clerk) was doing with all the lobsters??
Sometimes my daughter explains things a little to explicitly for a 5 year olds ears..when she finished..my grandson walked up to the clerk,put his hands on his hips and yelled at the top of his lungs...you a bad bad man..your mommy should spank you.
Sort of sums up my feelings on this topic.
Rolly

chico2
July 7th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Rolly,that's funny,the boy has a good head on his shoulders :D

Iggette
July 8th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Cute Rolly, welcome to the board haven't seen ya before so *HELLO*.

Chico you make some good points........

I was sitting in a local bar when I first moved here from the city, there were three young men there sitting close to my son and I , I overheard them talking about who was going to do the Cow run. (moving the cows from the farm to a pasture to feed about 10 minutes away)

I thought it would be real neat to see this done and learn the way of life for so many people up here. So me, (being the nervey one) spoke up and said "hey we will help you, we've never done it but would love to help or just observe and experience if we could" To my surprise they said "Sure".

So my son and I all excited went home and got our boots and grubby clothes on and went on the journey.
I was absolutly appalled at the way they crammed the cows in and how they got them on and off of the truck. My son ended up just putting his arm around me and said "mom just let it go" I had to bite my tongue or my son knew I would embarrass him by my vocal disspleasure.
I no longer want to experience farming in this way or find out the workings of a farm.
Even cows have feelings. Chico is there a website that we can help push this bill c55 I would love to do my bit and sign a petition or something and forward it to others.

Spoiled
July 8th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Hey Rolly, thats funny. But its sad that it's true... :(

Cactus Flower
July 9th, 2004, 01:53 PM
I, too, went to the website and looked at those pictures. I knew it would upset me but I wanted to be able to form an educated opinion. Yes, it was all horrific, as we see these dogs as family pets and they see them as food. There have been some points made about how our own livestock is treated in our own country, and they are valid as well. I don't think the argument lies in whether or not we feel their practices are barbaric, or how guilty we are of the same. I think the point needs to be made that stopping this practice in another country- whether or not their country has already deemed it "illegal"- is an improbable and likely futile effort. We simply can't force these folks to change what they do in their own country. It IS up to their own government to enforce their laws. I think we should look to what is going on in our own country first, where we CAN make a difference. If you are of the opinion that our own methods are implorable, get on the bandwagon HERE, where our voice can actually be heard and can possibly lead to some form of change.

chico2
July 9th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Iggette,you can go to:
www.ospca.on.ca
It's now been changed to Bill C22

There they will tell you who to contact,or I think they even have a petition going.I know I signed one a while back.
But how can they implement a law like that,when the latest culling is of raccoons,they are catching them by the thousands and killing them.
I'd say shame on whoever is involved :mad:
I don't know what is the matter with our government,after the Cormorants and Raccoons,what's next??? Who made them God to decide who will live or die,it's disgusting and all done in secret :mad:

Iggette
July 9th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Thanks Chico......I went there but it said on June 15th the bill died yet again.
Not sure what the process is but I hope that is not the end of it :(

Spoiled
July 9th, 2004, 06:35 PM
But how can they implement a law like that,when the latest culling is of raccoons,they are catching them by the thousands and killing them.

They are killing raccoons now! :mad: I wonder how long it will take for them to be put on the indangered species list. :mad:

melanie
July 9th, 2004, 06:43 PM
firstly i am vegetarian, so my opinions toward meat consumpition may be harsh, but it is a life practice and belief for me which i deeply respect and strictly adhere, i have been vego since i was a young child of 8yo due to personal disgust of the animal treatment on my dads cattle farm and the consumption of anothers flesh, oh and we also had to eat our pets, like snowy the lamb for instance. so this is all MY OPINION so dont freak out if you dont like it so forgive me if my opinions are harsh.
i lokked at the pics, i see no difference between these stock and other stock, especially the way they are kept, no different to cattle transportation. all stock needs to be treasted respectfully, the meat of these animals sustains life and therefore they deserve respect, but as we know that does not happen. if a person eats meat then they are eating animals that have been subject to cruelty, simple and they cannot deny it (yes rare cases of well treated organic meats but i dont believe it or farmers slaughtering their own). just because we have domesticated our dogs and cats doesnt mean they are not animals and stock in many countries. what if 2000yrs ago we decided to domesticate the pig instead, well these dogs would not bother us much.
eg. in australia we have a huge live export of live stock to many countries, these animals are kept alive in the hulls of ships, in conditions like those dogs, recently a bit of controversy required over 300 sheep to be slaughtered at sea and bodies dumped, happens everywhere.
eg.living on a farm we used to have heffers and their babies went to market to be sold, i hated those cattlehands. they used to seperate the babies for their mothers in a pen, and all the animals would struggle to get to each other, screaming and crying. the babies were put on trucks, go to market and eventually end up on a dinner plate. the mothers would spend the next week standing att he fence near the kitchen screaming for their babies, it was horrific, i cried for them and hated those cattle hands.
look at the conditions chickens are kept in (with no beaks and no ability to move, just so we geta nice round egg), cattle treatment, the way we treat fish- fish have been proven to have pain sensors, so when a lobster is droped in water, it feels every ounce of the pain it is being subject to, would a person do that to a child, i see no difference between the two when inflicting torture on the innocent., just disgusts me. so i think the only way to improve things is to make moral choices about eating habbits and purchases. dont buy caged eggs or chickens, only free range, yeah it costs more but that price will drop when the demand increases, which is what one does when they buy the product.buy and support organic meats and stock treatments, and tell everyone you know of your disaproval of this issue. i will tell complete strangers in the supermarket in the egg isle, about the conditions of caged chooks and press them to buy free range, it often shocks them as they never know of such treatment and buy free range.
in my opinion, i personally i dont understand why people eat meat, it is one of those strange pointless things that i cannot wrap my brains around, i actually think if there is such a thing as a sin, then eating the flesh of another creature is gotta be it,but that is my opinion, but i allow my family and others to do it, each to their own, i just hope one day they will learn to make better decisions in their lives. now lets band together and help the treatment of all animals in the world, equality for all i say.

chico2
July 9th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Melanie,very well said,as horrific as it is....I've never lived on a farm,so I was spared your experiences,but I did see some awful abuse while visiting a ranch outside Calgary,Alberta and I could not wait to leave.
I think people are more aware of the goings on today and some groups are starting to get their points across,but we are very far off to better the short lives of our live-stock.
Personally I do eat meat,but my husband would love for us to become vegetarians.
I am terribly picky when it comes to foods,I don't eat pasta,rice only the odd time,could not imagine eating Tofu :eek: Tomatosauce makes me sick,the only veggies I eat,broccoli,cabbage,peas,carrots,turnip and asparagus and making veggie dishes that are tasty is way beyond my reach.
I do at times get turned off when handling meat,seeing the blood that once was sustaining life of another creature,but not enough to stay away from a steak.....but maybe one day,if I can find a good veggie cook-book that does not include Tofu :D

melanie
July 10th, 2004, 01:01 AM
chico, um well, i am the only vego i know that absolutly despises tofu, yuck. i find it sooo disgusting, i just eat more lentils etc and veg to suppliment. but i must admit at times esp when travelling it can become quite a plain diet in australia, most pubs only do salad and chips with steak or pie, so you can imagine some of the very plain meals around. i am also really fussy too, so it can be hard at times, but i mange to get fed and am still alive and healthy so it isnt to bad.
i dont think the world will ever be vego (i fear my husband would resort to eating me if no meat around :D ), but that doesnt mean we cant improve the quality of life for these animals. so buy organic, free range and anything else that has good treatment of the animals..i cant remember who had this saying as a signature here (it was ages ago) but i have it all over the house and find it such an appropriate saying for me personally, and it is a good conversation starter-

from Mahatma Ghandi
"the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated"..
so true