Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Advice for my puppy.

DINK2344
June 21st, 2008, 12:56 AM
This morning I wolk up and when out to see how my 6 month old puppy was doing and I saw that he was playing around our new pool. As I looked closer I saw that he was attached to the tarp that is underneighth the pool. I thought it was stuck to his collar but as I went up to him I saw that his eyes were blood shot and seemed to be bulging from his head. It immediatly took his collar off but that didn't solve the problem. I found out that the tarp was so tight around his neck that his fir (which is only an inch long) was completely hiding the tarp which was twisted around his neck and he couldn't breathe. I was able to get ahold of my wife in the house and she got me some scissors and I was able to cut it loose. He seems completey fine now but his eyes are still blood shot. I'm assuming it may have just been a blood vessel or something burst like they do in humans and it will eventually go away. Is this the case or is this something I need to worry about? There is still some white in his eyes but in parts when I push the lid aside is completely red. Help would be appreciated. Thank you.

hazelrunpack
June 21st, 2008, 01:28 AM
So lucky that you happened to look out when you did! :grouphug:

I'd be worried about subtle neurological damage from the choking. He should be seen by a vet for a thorough exam. The vet can evaluate the eye damage then, as well.

growler~GateKeeper
June 21st, 2008, 02:16 AM
I second the vet visit suggestion :thumbs up

I would also suggest putting up a fence around the pool so your puppy can no longer access the pool :2cents:

:goodvibes: & please update us on how he's doing

14+kitties
June 21st, 2008, 07:40 AM
So lucky that you happened to look out when you did! :grouphug:

I'd be worried about subtle neurological damage from the choking. He should be seen by a vet for a thorough exam. The vet can evaluate the eye damage then, as well.

I second the vet visit suggestion :thumbs up

I would also suggest putting up a fence around the pool so your puppy can no longer access the pool :2cents:

:goodvibes: & please update us on how he's doing

I fully agree! Get the puppy to the vet asap! No telling what damage was done, how long he was trapped like that. Poor sweetie. I :pray: he is ok!

ancientgirl
June 21st, 2008, 07:46 AM
Poor little guy must have been so scared! I agree with the others. You should take him in to the vet. You don't know how long e was like that and you should have him evaluated for any neurological damage.

DINK2344
June 21st, 2008, 12:13 PM
I will take him to the vet as soon as I can and will update you on his condition. Thanks for your help on this.