Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Things they do that makes them special to you....

5isenough
June 20th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Hi guys, I am new to the forum but I am so happy to have found other people that enjoy the company of animals and that are devoted to giving them a good life.

Since we are all animal lovers here I would like to hear about things your animals do that makes you feel like you are special to them. We all know about the purring and tail wagging, but I am talking more about your special little rituals.

I will start by sharing one or 2.....

One of my kitty Boo likes to let me know he wants to be picked up. He will stand on his hind legs and stretch his front legs up my thigh (like a child who wants to be picked up and is reaching his arms up to you). It is so funny he is the only one of our bunch to do that and every time he does it I am amazed at how smart and creative animals are to communicate with us.

I also love that they know us so well. For instance it's evening, turning off TV.... Oreo runs in the bathroom to hang out with me while I get ready for bed... Of course I get interrupted many a times because she needs to be petted. Then I get out and our little one waits for me to fold the comforter to the feet of the bed....Of course I am interrupted again cause I need to cover her with it and late her try and catch the "evil creature" ( my fingers scratching on the other side of the comforter).....

Another thing that melts my heart is when all the kitties are all sleeping together then they look up at me with their sleepy faces one. Cant help but give them big kisses.

Now it's your turn.....:thumbs up

duttypaws
June 20th, 2008, 07:42 PM
I just love to see them stretched out on the bed.... showing they feel safe and happy... then I feel good knowing i gave them a loving home :)

When poppy sees me she rolls over for a belly rub and chatters :) When she tries to climb into the bath!
When lola puts her paws on the toilet seat to watch the water flush away... u can just see the confusion lol....

I love when lola comes into the bathroom to chase toiletpaper... she waits and meows until she gets a piece to attack.... or when she sleeps with her paw over her face... she is always on guard when awake... incase the door rings or a loud noise will make her run... when she sleeps like this her guard is finally down and shes feeling safe :)

i love when poppy stares at me in this daydream for a few minutes... its like shes taking it all in that she no longer lives in a home with lots of other "forever homeless cats".... that or shes going oh gee... this ones a nutter. :shrug:

also when I come back from the vet as I take one at a time... and although they arent close the other will run up and have a little sniff .... or when something scares them they unite and run away together....

mollywog
June 20th, 2008, 08:07 PM
LOL why is it that cats love bathrooms so much?! My mom's Siamese is obsessed with the bathroom and will spend hours in there! He even drinks out of the tap while you're brushing your teeth!
I love EVERYTHING about my dog :lovestruck: it's hard to pinpoint just one or two things... except that she makes me truly happy, every day :cloud9:

TacoGrl
June 20th, 2008, 09:21 PM
I love when Mooki sleeps on the pillow next to me at night and reaches out her arm and touches my shoulder, then when I move closer, she puts her head on my shoulder :)

I love it when I am having a bath, Mooki will come in, front paws on the tub, then reach one paw out to touch my arm then after a quick pet, she jumps up on the toilet seat until I am done. :)

I love when I am laying in bed and hear a slight clanking sound...I look over at the night table to see Mooki with her head stuck into my glass licking the ice cubes...she always looks at me...all I see are eyes above the rim of the glass...she doesn't take her head out! Then as if she feels guilty, she will come and snuggle up purring. :)

Overall, I just want to :2huggers: her ALL day long!

wdawson
June 20th, 2008, 09:38 PM
its the wagging tail and shaking bum te dogs do when they see me.

Folkwitch
June 20th, 2008, 09:54 PM
I travel for business quite often, usually for a week at a time, and I LOVE when I come home and Big, my mutt, runs like crazy through the yard to get to me, "smiling" the whole way. It's the only time he beats the Italians in a footrace.

Frenchy
June 20th, 2008, 10:06 PM
LOL why is it that cats love bathrooms so much?!

Not only cats , try to go to the bathroom with 4 dogs :laughing:

I love how the dogs are always happy , how Sam needs to be near me all the time , Chloe too. I love how Nelly jumps on my bed as soon as I walk in my bedroom , and then she asks for belly rubs. How Bailey won't let me walk sometimes because he wants me to stop and pet him , and how he rooorooos , how Sam lays on the couch beside me while Chloe warms my feet , how both my cats love any dogs , how Paddington loves to sleep on me while watching tv , how Monsieur le chat talks to me .... I'll stop because there's too many to mention :laughing:

14+kitties
June 20th, 2008, 10:11 PM
I love how they love me. :cloud9:

ancientgirl
June 21st, 2008, 06:55 AM
I love how Vlad runs to the door as soon as I get home and stretches out for his tummy rub. It's our ritual since he was a kitten, only then I was able to just pick him up.

I love how Oksana just stares at me and taps me on the arm in the mornings so I can pet her.

I love that every night Kiska needs to jump on my lap and kneads at my arm as she closes her eyes.

I love the way Maks coos and butts his head against mine.

I love that even though Czarina is still trying to get used to life indoors and spends most of her time in her pyramid bed, she now and then comes out and sits on my lap for reassurance.

When I wake in the middle of the night, I love to feel each one of them on their spot next to me. It makes me happy to know they feel safe enough with me to allow themselves that vulnerability.

Each one of them have such different personalities, I love to see how they show their love and security. It makes me happy to know they feel safe here with me and that I've made them feel that way.

katherine93
June 21st, 2008, 07:56 AM
Cats:

I love how when i sleep, max curls up around my head and 'grooms' me with his tongue.

I love how Trixie bats at my face with her paws (playfully) when its time for me to wake up and play with her lol...

I love how sonny will follow me everywhere(he loves the bathroom to) and be my 'protecter' against casey and others.

I love how Princess Diana will, as im walking along,will jump up on ANYYTHING near by to be close to me and get petted.

I love how Aqua will run to me when i sneeze or cough to make sure im all right...lol..as if i was going to die from that..:laughing

I love how smokey makes me feel like im not the laziest on ein the house..lol hes a LAZY kitty! ANd i loooooooove his kitten like meow.

I love how Furby comesout in boat with us, and loves it (other cats hate it) He likes to sit on the edge(with i dont like) and look at the waves.

Dogs:

When we tie casey out to pee, when i go out to get her she stands on her back paws, crosses her front ones, and waves them in the air like a crazzy doggy, I love when she does this!

I love when Matix will climb trees to catch squreills and we have to call the fire department to get him down. :frustrated: lol..Its cool though, too dangerous for my liking, but cool.

I love how bailey pees on the floor when i come home from school, because he is excited! (so what if i have to clean up a little pee)

I love how Jesse plays with me. She will crouch on the ground, with her butt in the air, waiting for me to nudge her bum and then she runs away. We pretty much play keep away with her backside..lol

I love how Nipper is my feet warmer, even when they aren't cold.

I love how lucy doesnt touch her kong, but circles around it barking like its going to talk back..lol

I love how charlie sits down by me for an hour after i come home just looking at me with adoring eyes.

I love how Jazz shows how much he apreciates how much we have down for him, by loving us and not complaini'ng about spending mos of his time in the basement kennels. (with matrix by his side of course)

I love how bear tries to speak to me with his little rooroos..

Goat-

I love how he follows the dogs around like he is one, And how he rolls over for belly rubs.

Horse-

Scarlett- I love how free spirited she is, even if that makes her harder to ride.

CyberKitten
June 21st, 2008, 01:02 PM
I love YY's little endearing touches and both her and Beau's large vocabulary - they are Siamese if you please (or don't please, lol). And I love the Sphynx Girls running to meet me and also occasionally climbing up my back when i am at my desk and curling around me on my neck. And of course, I like all four of them in bed with us, lol

King
June 21st, 2008, 05:56 PM
King is almost 10 weeks old now and when I pick him up he reaches his short little paws up and try to touch my face. And he also tilts his head along with yours if you go left he will go left if you go right he'll go right.......

BusterBoo
June 21st, 2008, 06:31 PM
Gosh, these "love ins" are bringing tears to my eyes as I can visualize what your pets are doing! :lovestruck:

I love the way Buster will jump on my lap, put paws on my shoulders and give me a kiss on the nose!

I love the way Buster knows when I am upset and settles beside me or at my feet.

I love the way Buster knows when it is 10:00 and bedtime and rooroos until I open the bedroom door. He hops on the bed and once I am tucked in, he finds his cool spot near the patio door in the bedroom.

I just LOVE the way Buster loves me......unconditionally....doesn't matter what mood I am in, how I am feeling, he is always there to greet me.

Harley :rip: was my Dude, who snuggled up to my side in bed, who gave kisses on the nose, who knew my moods better than I did....

:grouphug:

Joeyjoejoe
June 21st, 2008, 07:25 PM
No matter what my kittens are doing they always want to be in the same room that I'm in. Even when they are asleep! They were soundly napping a few minutes ago when I sneaked away from the living room to the den to use the computer... and now they are curled up in front of my monitor... sleeping!