Serial cat killer at large

Love4himies
June 20th, 2008, 07:08 AM
http://www.thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1081450

Serial cat killer at large?
Second mutilated pet found in neighbourhood
Posted By BY ROB TRIPP WHIG-STANDARD POLICE REPORTER
Posted 1 hour ago

A serial cat killer could be at work in a west end Kingston neighbourhood, an alarming indication of a troubled person acting out violently.

"It's unbelievable," said Bill McLatchie, whose family pet was found killed and butchered this week.

It is the second such incident in the area in just more than a year and a half.

McLatchie said he wants to warn the neighbourhood and the community, in part, out of concern about what else the perpetrator might be capable of doing.

"This person or persons has to be found," he said. On Tuesday morning, a woman who was walking

her dog in a wooded area near Lancaster Drive Public School discovered the mutilated body of a cat.

The woman had seen posters in the area that the McLatchie family had put up, asking for help to find their missing cat.

The woman collected the remains and called the family, who went to her house. They were horrified to discover that the remains were the head and part of the torso of their eight-year-old, grey-and-white tabby, Lizzie, who had disappeared the night before.

"The cat had been literally cut in half," McLatchie said.

They took the remains to their vet.

"The vet has confirmed that it was mechanically done," he said. The family had first wondered if the cat was caught in a lawnmower or other equipment.

ancientgirl
June 20th, 2008, 08:10 AM
What a sick twisted monster. I hope they catch him and put him away. That person is obviously insane.

Love4himies
June 20th, 2008, 08:15 AM
There is probably more cats who have been murdered, there have only been two that have been found.

Love4himies
June 20th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Add another reason not to allow cats to be free besides cars, predators, MURDER.

14+kitties
June 20th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Why am I thinking teenager(s)? This type of thing makes me sick. And worried. Someone who would do something like this to a defenseless animal would not hesitate to do a lot worse!
Sick!
And if he/she/them ever get caught - a slap on the wrist?

ancientgirl
June 20th, 2008, 08:22 AM
That person needs a swift kick in the cojones! More actually! I hope he gets found by some really passionate animal lovers before he's turned into the authorities.

My fear with having cats or dogs outside is more of people and what they are capable of doing to them than anything else. I will never understand what makes a person do something like that, and I thank the lord I never will understand. I have no sympathy for someone like that. To me they are garbage and deserve no understanding or compassion.

ancientgirl
June 20th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Why am I thinking teenager(s)? This type of thing makes me sick. And worried. Someone who would do something like this to a defenseless animal would not hesitate to do a lot worse!
Sick!

It's been well documented that a great many serial killers begin with animals and then go to people.

jealma
June 20th, 2008, 09:03 AM
You are so right ancientgirl. The person doing this is a very very sick person and needs to be caught quick. I also think 14+ is right too, a teenager, but what is scary is they are likly working their way up the ladder to a person they will harm. Just makes me sick to hear of someone hurting a defenseless animal.

katherine93
June 20th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Sick!

Why is it that when something like this happens, its gotta be teenagers? There are plenty of grown men and women capaple of doing such a thing. It is wrong on so many levels, whether its a teen or a grown person. Please dont be so soon to jump to a younger person doing this.

I hope who ever is doing this, whether its a gorwn man/woman, or a teenager, that they get the punishment they deserve!

On another note, most teenagers cannot even think about doing something like this, and the rest that can think about it, but would never do it. And if they did, they are a few fries short of a happy meal.

kimnmark
June 20th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Reading that sort of story just make my blood boil:mad:
Too often, even if the perpetrators are caught they get off too lightly.:frustrated:

Love4himies
June 20th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Reading that sort of story just make my blood boil:mad:
Too often, even if the perpetrators are caught they get off too lightly.:frustrated:

You are right, because it was done to an animal, not a human. What the law can't punish for is potential future acts, so the judge can only punish to the max the law states. Our criminal laws have not kept up with changes in society.

Katherine, I understand your defence on thinking this is the work of a teenager, you could be right, we don't know. However, history shows that anybody who does this sort of thing starts doing these types of crimes as a teenager/young adult and progress to murdering humans in their adulthood.
Very sick mind.

Dingo
June 20th, 2008, 12:47 PM
According to the article, "It is the second such incident in the area in just more than a year and a half." I think the description "serial cat killer" is a little hypberbolic/sensationalistic at this stage.

Love4himies
June 20th, 2008, 01:41 PM
According to the article, "It is the second such incident in the area in just more than a year and a half." I think the description "serial cat killer" is a little hypberbolic/sensationalistic at this stage.

I know there is not a definite definition but generally it is a series of two or more killings with a period of time in between, so "technically" it could be considered serial killing.

I think there is concern that this individual be found, I am sure the parents/spouse/family have some inkling who is doing this. This person is sick in my mind.

Plus, such headlines sell papers ;)

hazelrunpack
June 20th, 2008, 02:01 PM
One wonders at the 18 months or so between discoveries. Has this person been quiet all this time, or are other remains just not found?

ancientgirl
June 20th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Maybe they were already in jail for something else and recently got out.

onster
June 20th, 2008, 03:28 PM
omg how horrible.

Gene pool really really reaaaaaaaaly needs some chlorine. What is wrong with these 'people'?? :wall::wall::loser::yell:

14+kitties
June 20th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Why is it that when something like this happens, its gotta be teenagers? There are plenty of grown men and women capaple of doing such a thing. It is wrong on so many levels, whether its a teen or a grown person. Please dont be so soon to jump to a younger person doing this.

katherine - I said teenager because in light of recent history - cat in microwave, etc, it has been teenagers. Also because I have read extensively about serial killers who started out exactly this way, mutilating animals. And normally the time they start is around 12 - 13., sometimes younger. That is very sad.
I realize grown men and women are quite capable of doing things like that. They are capable of much worse. I am sorry you took offense to what I said. I certainly did not intend to offend.

onster
June 20th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Katherine I think its the same as someone as murdered u dont really think of a teenager, u think of an adult right? U dont think of teenagers being at that "stage" ...if they are 'messed up' teenagers tend to harm animals and just like 14+ said they then move on to humans......

Love4himies
June 24th, 2008, 10:17 AM
There has been another cat found, making a total of 3 that have been mutilated.

ancientgirl
June 24th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Please tell me the authorities are at least making a concentrated effort to catch this sick mofo.

Love4himies
June 24th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Please tell me the authorities are at least making a concentrated effort to catch this sick mofo.

Who knows with the police. If they are overworked and have more serious crimes to investigate, they may not have time to investigate a lot.

ancientgirl
June 24th, 2008, 10:48 AM
True. They might not think it's important to find someone mutilating cats.:sad: