Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Looking for Indoor Kennel in N. Cal.

ppassat
June 18th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Well, now Sherman is post op 16 days from leg amputation. He got an infection that is clearing with twice flushings. He will be done with the antibiotics in 5 days.
My mother passed away yesterday and now i have to travel to Iowa for a few days. I don't want to take Sherman to the vet cuz his kennels are outside and it is hot in Novato and you know that kennels outdoors that are not a run can be not the cleanest.
I am looking for , well first to get my niece to come to my apt. If she can't then I think an indoor air conditioned kennel would be good. Sherman does not like heat. He pants with SF 55 degree weather. So I need an indoor kennel that can be extra good with Sherman and his medical needs.
I looked at the fancy one in SF with the cameras, but there are poor reviews with inexpereinced staff. I use Postmoor, but I don't think sherman is up to a daycare play with other dogs right now and again, it is hot up there.
any ideas?
Thanks.

luckypenny
June 19th, 2008, 09:23 AM
I'm sorry for the loss of your Mom :grouphug: . My sincerest condolences.

Have you tried different vet clinics/hospitals in your area? Most offer indoor boarding services. Just by googling "boarding kennels san francisco" I found:

Marina Pet Hospital (415) 921-0410
Mission Pet Hospital (415) 552-1969
Nob Hill Cat Clinic & Hospital (415) 776-6122

Hope you find something suitable for Sherman :fingerscr .

ppassat
June 19th, 2008, 10:30 AM
I had a friend who used the Marina Hosp. and it was not a good experience. I also googled and found a place in Oakland, canine citizen, and it looks good with reputable staff. so I don't know if I should take Sherman to a new place, just because it is air conditioned and what I think would make him comfortable but with all new people/surroundings, or take him back to his vet with the outdoor heat and cramped space but familiarity? Oh pets, if only they could talk.