Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Chloe's check up

Frenchy
June 18th, 2008, 08:35 PM
I had a vet appointment next week (and I already scheduled a surgery date , it was only on July 10) but they called me this afternoon to say they had a cancellation and I could go tonight at 7 (they know I hate the wait !!) so we went. Chloe got her vaccines , blood tests (results tomorrow :fingerscr) her anal glands checked , her eyes too and she will be getting eye surgery on July 1 , if the blood test comes out ok tomorrow. We also got a worm treatment , just in case. She was a very good girl about it all and funny enough , we met another cocker there , a 7 months old little boy who was all over her , and she was very nice about it ! :p

I can't wait for the surgery , she rubs her face and make the growth on her eyelid bleed :sad:

I feel so much better now :thumbs up

Winston
June 18th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Frenchy what does Chloe have on her eye? Is she already spayed? I am off to our new vet tomorrow morning..well hes not actually new to me...I adopted Tabitha and Bomber through the vets office that had the Animal Welfare Program...but left to go to where my folks went at the time...I called for an appointment today and I think the lady on the phone figured she better not mess around with food and me! I told her point blank I wont be sold the crap they sell just because they feel I should...:wall:

Hope all goes well with her surgury! sending her hugs!!

growler~GateKeeper
June 18th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Love when you can get in on a cancellation :thumbs up

:fingerscr for good test results :goodvibes:

more :goodvibes: for the surgery

Frenchy
June 18th, 2008, 08:51 PM
I told her point blank I wont be sold the crap they sell just because they feel I should...:wall:

I had that conversation with my vet first time I went with Bailey 5 years ago :laughing:

I'm still waiting for Chloe's vet papers. But I figured she hasn't been there for a long time , the only tag with her collar was a city tag dated back to 2004. No rabies tag. And I can't feel a spay scar , but if she was spayed when she was very young , that can happen. Anyway , like my vet told me , she is too old to get the eye surgery and the spay at the same time , it would be too dangerous.

She has like a cyst / growth on her eye lid. Just like Bailey had last year (he had surgery for it) it scratches their eye and creates infection. Chloe's one is pretty big , almost covers half of her eye. Makes both her eyes cry and it bleeds when she rubs it.

hazelrunpack
June 18th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Sounds like a great appointment! :highfive: I take it Chloe thought the vet's office wasn't too bad a place? :D Give or take a bratty puppy, anyway? :laughing: She sounds like such a wonderful dog! :cloud9:

:goodvibes: for good results on the bloodwork and surgery!

hazelrunpack
June 18th, 2008, 08:53 PM
She has like a cyst / growth on her eye lid. Just like Bailey had last year (he had surgery for it) it scratches their eye and creates infection. Chloe's one is pretty big , almost covers half of her eye. Makes both her eyes cry and it bleeds when she rubs it.

Ow!!! Poor girl! She'll be so much happier with it gone! :grouphug:

aslan
June 18th, 2008, 08:55 PM
hope all the test results come back good so little chloe can get her booboo fixed, and chloe big:grouphug: for being such a good girl.

angeldogs
June 18th, 2008, 08:57 PM
That is great you can get in earlier now.and the vet visit went good.
:fingerscr the blood work is normal and :goodvibes:for the surgery.

Frenchy
June 18th, 2008, 08:57 PM
I take it Chloe thought the vet's office wasn't too bad a place? :D

She did like the others , lets the vet do whatever needs to be done , but runs for the door once it's over :laughing: and I was at another vet for her anal glands yesterday (I didn't know I was going tonight) so 2 visits in 2 days ... poor girl :eek:

hazelrunpack
June 18th, 2008, 09:00 PM
:laughing: She's gonna be expecting another ride tomorrow night, y'know! :dog:

Frenchy
June 18th, 2008, 09:06 PM
:laughing: She's gonna be expecting another ride tomorrow night, y'know! :dog:

She is going to be soooo relieved when she sees we're not going for a car ride :laughing:

kimnmark
June 19th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Sounds like Chloe's appt didn't go too badly. Twice in 2 days..she's an :angel:. :fingerscr for the blood results & her surgery.

Frenchy
June 19th, 2008, 11:30 AM
I got the blood test results earlier , it's perfect !! woohooo !

Vet tech told me she now knows my work AND home phone numbers by heart :laughing:

krdahmer
June 19th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Ouch poor Chloe! That eye thing sounds painful! :goodvibes: for her surgery! And :thumbs up for good bloodwork!

loopoo
June 19th, 2008, 11:44 AM
so glad the blood tests were great :) poor thing with the cyst on her eye.. i can relate to the rubbing oneself raw thing, she will be so much happier when it is gone:goodvibes: for her surgery there

Ford Girl
June 19th, 2008, 01:04 PM
That is fantastic news all around!!! :thumbs up What a good girl. :angel: She needs special treats. :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

jealma
June 19th, 2008, 01:14 PM
So glad they can do something for her eye. I hope all goes well and she gets to be a happy healthy cat again soon. It will be so nice for her when the eye is better.

Love4himies
June 19th, 2008, 01:29 PM

Vet tech told me she now knows my work AND home phone numbers by heart :laughing:

:thumbs up That's good news, way to go Chloe.

Both work and home numbers :eek: takes lots of vet visits for that to happen.

angeldogs
June 19th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Thats good news about the blood test.:thumbs up

ancientgirl
June 19th, 2008, 01:37 PM
http://friendsforever.foren-city.de/images/smiles/a084.gifYay on good test results! I hate waiting for those, but I love with the results are good. I hope you can get her eye taken care of soon. Will you do that before her spay if she in fact isn't spayed already?

rainbow
June 19th, 2008, 01:42 PM
WOO HOO for Chloe's blood test results :highfive:

And sending lots of good wishes for her eye surgery. :goodvibes: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
June 19th, 2008, 02:16 PM

WooooHoooooo! It's always wonderful to hear that! :cloud9: Yay, Chloe!!!! :highfive:

:eek: Not sure if that's a good thing or not! :eek: :o :laughing:

Frenchy
June 19th, 2008, 09:15 PM
she gets to be a happy healthy cat again soon.

I know she's smaller than the rest of the pack but she's still a dog :laughing: thanks for the good thoughts , I can't wait for this thing to be taken off of her eye.

Will you do that before her spay if she in fact isn't spayed already?

I'm suppose to get her vet papers soon , by touching her stomach to look for a scar , I can't feel anything but that can happen if she got spayed years ago. If she's not , we will not do this at the same time has her eye because of her age. She can't be under too long. I'm hoping she already is , spaying a dog at 12 years old .... not too sure about that.

luckypenny
June 19th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Great news :thumbs up .

I can no longer see nor feel Penny's scar, or Ava's either, so perhaps the vet can tell by palpitating or something :shrug: . Other than that, I don't know how else the vet would know without xrays or an ultrasound :o . Did the old owners not mention if she was spayed?

Lukka'sma
June 19th, 2008, 09:51 PM
I hope her eye surgery goes well, will be thinking of her and sending well wishes in advance for a quick healing time.

hazelrunpack
June 19th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Grace was just spayed last year when we got her, Frenchy, and I can't feel or see her spay scar, either. If the incision heals cleanly, it quickly fades out. So with any luck, Chloe is already spayed! :fingerscr

growler~GateKeeper
June 20th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Great News :thumbs up

kimnmark
June 20th, 2008, 05:45 AM
Good news about the blood test :thumbs up
:fingerscr she's spayed already, I can't see of feel a scar on Maya either

ancientgirl
June 20th, 2008, 07:54 AM
:fingerscr Hopefully she's spayed and she doesn't have go through that as well as eye surgery.

Frenchy
June 20th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Did the old owners not mention if she was spayed?

Nope , they just wanted her out. :frustrated: Someone from another rescue was in contact with them , the same people that convinced the woman to not have Chloe put down (twice in the couple days before I got her) :frustrated:

ancientgirl
June 20th, 2008, 11:23 AM
What jerks. Instead of giving as much information so she CAN find a home they just decided to be tight lipped and not give a :censored:

Frenchy
June 20th, 2008, 11:25 AM
What jerks. Instead of giving as much information so she CAN find a home they just decided to be tight lipped and not give a :censored:

I can't understand how they could let her go like this (and the fact that they were ok with have her put down !!!) they adopted her at 6 weeks , she'll be 12 years old next month , they had her for 11 years !!! Within 24 hours , I was already in love and couldn't ler her go !!!

ancientgirl
June 20th, 2008, 11:30 AM
I can't wrap my brain around that kind of thinking. My goodness, I've got clothes I've had that long and I can't bring myself to part with them. There is no way I'd ever do that with one of my babies! They live, they breath, they cuddle and make me laugh and I love them more than words can ever express.

To just want to kill your dog or cat that you have had in your life for so many years without a second thought to me is heartless.:sad:

Frenchy
June 20th, 2008, 11:43 AM
My goodness, I've got clothes I've had that long and I can't bring myself to part with them.

Me too !!! :crazy: Specially nice sandals I bought in Vancouver in 1994 , still wear them 14 years later ....

ancientgirl
June 20th, 2008, 11:49 AM
:laughing:I've got a sweater like that.