Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Molly's first "swim"

mollywog
June 18th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Yesterday was quite the day for Molly... first the toad licking incident (see other post) and now this.... all in a day's work for a curious puppy!

We went out for some evening fishing last night. This was Molly's second time in the boat. She seemed to be taking to it quite well, walking around and watching what everyone was doing.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/7526/pb050028xx2.jpg

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/8623/pb050026kd7.jpg

Well when I decided to pick up a rod and cast it, she went right IN after my bait... into 20 feet of water!!! She completely submerged (scary!) and then came back up and tried to claw at the boat. Luckily my friend was fast on his feet and pulled her back into the boat right away :thumbs up
She was quite rattled, and cold! so I quickly wrapped her up and warmed her up

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/3478/pb050029qv8.jpg

she recovered just fine, just hope she still likes boats and the lake after that first attempt!! :laughing: :pawprint:

jiorji
June 18th, 2008, 12:05 PM
she's very cute! I love her ears:D

angeldogs
June 18th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Silly pup.or Radar rip was like that and chase after the bait.so with him in the boat we had to troll.

the pic with Molly laying on the side of the boat is a beautiful pic.i would frame that one.

Love4himies
June 18th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Yes, the one with Molly lying on the boat is a beautiful one.

Glad she didn't swallow the bait and hook :eek:.

I am sure she is going to continue to love boating, she will now know to expect that cold shock when she jumps into the water :laughing:

Frenchy
June 18th, 2008, 12:27 PM
I love that second picture too , I see a little bit of pitbull in her :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
June 18th, 2008, 12:33 PM
She's a beauty for sure. But it sounds like you have your hands full with her.:D

mollywog
June 18th, 2008, 01:08 PM
thanks everyone. Day by day, she is learning about the big wide world out there! She is a handful, but she has come a long ways since we got her 2 months ago. And yes, I do see some Pitbull in her, especially in her smiling face :D :pawprint:

hazelrunpack
June 18th, 2008, 02:43 PM
:laughing: I shouldn't laugh...poor Molly. :o :eek: What a rude awakening for her!

She's such a cutie! :lovestruck: I love how alert she looks in that first pic, how relaxed in the second...and then we come to the "what the heck just happened?!?" look in the third... :laughing:

I suspect with all that excitement and the extra special hugs afterwards, she's not going to let a little water deter her from her love of boats and being with mom! :dog:

kimnmark
June 18th, 2008, 04:00 PM
:laughing:oops I mean poor Molly
She looks so regal in the 2nd pic I can just imagine her surprise when she jumped. I'm in love with those ears!!:cloud9:
A similar experience happened to my sister's lab and although she was more cautious about the water immediately afterwards, she eventually got over it and now we believe she's actually part fish.

growler~GateKeeper
June 19th, 2008, 12:44 AM
awww adorable Molly :lovestruck:

That's one way to get your first swimming lesson in :laughing: She musta thought you needed the bait you threw in the water & wanted to fetch it for you :D

angeldogs is right 2nd pic is so very frameable :cloud9:

rainbow
June 22nd, 2008, 12:32 AM
Awwww....that must have been quite a scare for both of you. :grouphug:

I love the second pic too :lovestruck: and agree that it should be framed. :cloud9: