Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi pet lovers!

Sparkle MT
June 17th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Just wanted to say hello - I'm new here and thought I'd jump in! I have a wonderful dog named Andy, who we rescued at age 4 or so. We've had him for 5 years now and I could not love him more! He does have some problems - very severe allergies of some sort which cause him to be crazy itchy - and is just recovering from a bout of pancreatitis, and, at the same time, some painful back problem. I think he is getting better but it is a long and worrisome road. We have 2 cats, Sophie and Maxine, who also were rescues. We got them as tiny little kittens in September 2001. They are, thankfully, both very healthy. They all get along, Andy not actually liking the cats, mind you, but putting up with them.
Anyway, as I said, I just wanted to say hi to everyone, and I look forward to getting some great ideas and advice in this forum.

aslan
June 17th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Welcome to the forum to you and your fuzzbutts, pssst some of the pushier members are gonna bug you for pics ( alot).

hazelrunpack
June 17th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Hi, Sparkle MT!

Bug you for pics? I don't know what aslan is talking about. We're all :angel:s and never get pushy about pics.

:o

So where are they? The pics, I mean?

:D Hey! I paused for like 10. whole. seconds. before I bugged you about pics! :laughing:

Welcome to the forum, Sparkle MT! And a speedy recovery to Andy :goodvibes:

Sparkle MT
June 17th, 2008, 09:27 PM
I'd love to post pics - I'm pretty darn proud of my babies...but I have to figure out how to do it first! (Like I said - I'm new...in fact this is the first time I've done anything like this!).

I'll work on it!

Frenchy
June 17th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Welcome to pets.ca Sparkle MT , what kind of dog is Andy ?

kimnmark
June 18th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Welcome to the board. I'll be looking forward to seeing some pics of your crew.

Sylvie
June 18th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Hi there, welcome, looking forward to seeing your pictures. Also hope Andy is making a speedy recovery. :pray:

Sparkle MT
June 18th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Thanks to all for saying hi!

Andy is 1/2 Bichon and 1/2 Lhasa Apso (so we were told - but he came from a rescue so not really sure).

He is awfully cute so I'm still trying to post some pics!

hazelrunpack
June 18th, 2008, 09:30 PM
He sounds like a doll! I hope you can figure out the picture thing soon! :fingerscr :D

aslan
June 18th, 2008, 09:34 PM
lol, see what i mean about the picture fetish some people have...pointing at hazel, cough,cough I do believe you have to make a certain amount of posts before you can post pictures, so just keep talkin to us and you'll be able to do it.

then go down, click reply, go past the firt submit button, to a button saying manage attachments, click it, your pictures have to be 100k or less, upload, then click the submit button under manage attachments.

Jeeves
June 18th, 2008, 11:23 PM
I'm just new to this forum. I don't want to be pushy, and I'm not going to try and sell anything, but I've been studying dog nutrition for the past six years, and I just wanted to get my two bits worth in about your dog and the itchiness. Nine times out of ten, it's a food-related problem. I'm sure you've checked for fleas, etc. And the food problem is usually related to heavily processed commercial pet foods. I have seen this condition clear, usually within a week, when a dog is switched over to a canine appropriate diet of raw meat. I'm not advocating the BARF diet, or any diet with bones, but if you're comfortable with feeding fresh, human grade meat, I can give you more information if you want it. Dogs deserve the best we can give them - at least that's my humble opinion!:thumbs up

mollywog
June 19th, 2008, 08:43 AM
:offtopic: