Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Why don't stupid people train there dogs?- or even try to control them?!!!

katherine93
June 17th, 2008, 06:35 PM
:frustrated::frustrated::wall::wall:I dont even know where to start! Casey and i were going for a bike ride, and everything was fine, until this lady (B**** of a lady too she was!) Was walking by with her little 6 pd terrier cross. Her dog was totally out of control, growling, showing his teeth, biting at the air ect. Anyway, casey is fine with other dogs 100%. But this dog seemed to be after me more so than casey and casey went into "protect" mode and went crazy, not growling or anything, just jumping around, and she pulled me into the ditch(next part is a little graphic) .... when i got up i looked at my hand and every nuckle on my left hand was skinned, like the whole nuckle too, but the skin was hangin' on to me(which was gross).. The lady stood there and LAUGHED! -Direct qoute- "hahahahaha , I know my dog havent got the nerve chasin after that big brute of yours" (and she said brut liike she was trying to be insulted). Well casey didnt get a chance to get at the other dog before i grabbed her. I know this is going to sound disrespectful but i was furious at this point, so i told her to F****** train her G** D*** dog or i was going to call the cops and report a visouis dog (he was visious!) . So she walked up the road past my drive way and to be spite ful i took casey off her leash, made her sit and stay at the end of the driveway and waited for her to go back down the road. I stayed up by the house and waited for her to go by, when she did her dog was going nuts, but casey just sat there looking at me for me to let her go (which i wouldnt because she might get hurt- i had half a mind to though:yell:) The "lady" says to me, is your dog dumb or something?, its just sitting there like a retard watching duke go after her. I was like"Go get em' casey and casey rabn after them, and then she was all like, running away, so i called casey back and she immediantly turned around to my call..then i was like, thats how you train a dog B****!

Why wouldnt she pick up her friggen dog, its like 6 pds! what the hell is wrong with people?! Im so pissed off right now! And she had the nerve to laugh.. Oh i forgot to mention that she tryed to lame it all on casey, tried to say that casey was after him and what not. I just dont understand, it doesnt take a whole lot of work to train a dog not to try to kill other people and their dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wall::wall::ye ll::yell::frustrated::yell::yell::frustrated::need hug:

Jim Hall
June 17th, 2008, 06:41 PM
whoa wait a minute you can train a dog like to sit and stay and not bark ?

wow i gignt know that that ust be relly something i wonder if you van trian them to oh i dont know pull a sled or maybe roungd up sheep ?
someone should try it sometime

Good Boy Casey!!! hioe he fot a nuce treat for not dismemebering the walking dust mop lol is your dog retarded ?

katherine93
June 17th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Translation please...lol :o sorry, cant read it..

Jim Hall
June 17th, 2008, 07:00 PM
oops sorry trying to type while playing with the cat

what I was saying was

Whoa wait a minute, you can like train a dog like to sit and stay?

WOW I wonder if you can train them to like pull a sled or maybe to round up sheep some one should try that sometime

Good boy Casey I hope you got a nice treat for not dismembering the walking dust mop

katherine93
June 17th, 2008, 07:03 PM
oops sorry trying to type while playing with the cat

haha i see!
what I was saying was

Whoa wait a minute, you can like train a dog like to sit and stay?

WOW I wonder if you can train them to like pull a sled or maybe to round up sheep some one should try that sometime
hmmm are you like mocking me? Im in NO MOOD mister!:frustrated: lol haha kiddin'

Good boy Casey I hope you got a nice treat for not dismembering the walking dust mop

Yes SheGot a treat! lol

Jim Hall
June 17th, 2008, 07:13 PM
not mocking you dear mocking the dumbell with the 6pd rug

jiorji
June 17th, 2008, 07:13 PM
it's "lbs" not "pds" :p

and sorry i don't think you're doing things any better if you allow your dog to show that kind of behaviour towards someone. Yeha I get she was a :censored: but still, being that your dog's bigger she could've reported YOU instead! I'd be more careful about letting my mouth run like that. If she's a turd, then let her be one. I wouldn't put my dog in that kind of possibility to maybe have it taken away from me just to prove a point. It's not the way to go IMO:shrug:

katherine93
June 17th, 2008, 07:32 PM
not mocking you dear mocking the dumbell with the 6pd rug

Oops sorry Jim, Misunderstood, not thinking straight!

want4rain
June 17th, 2008, 07:48 PM
*LAUGH* boy Jim you sure can clean your posts up when you want to!!! thats about the prettiest one ive seen yet!!

-ash

14+kitties
June 17th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I think in this case tempers flared on both sides. It happens in the heat of the moment. Both actions were inappropriate. The lady should have picked up her dog or moved further away. You should have maybe stopped your bike when you saw the smaller dogs reaction to it. :shrug:
Yours could have ended a lot different than it did. I am sorry your knuckles are skinned. That must be very painful! It is hard to know what to do in those situations. You are right, people should learn how to control their dogs, or keep them out of situations.

TacoGrl
June 17th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Regarding the training issue...

Some people are stupid. Their children are stupid. Their pets are stupid. Guess what, they were all trained in the same manner. No rules...no discipline...no boundaries...no positive contribution to the future unless someone outside steps in and shows them the way...they will argue and name call of course, but you have all seen the reality shows! The Nanny...Trading Spouses...etc. Guess what, these shows are all about TRAINING! Training kids, pets and parents. I often think I should make up little stickers and put them on a few foreheads so others are aware of their approach and can prepare accordingly, but then I think, "You can hear/see these folks coming a mile way, who needs stickers?!"

onster
June 17th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Have to agree with jiorji here :o

Lukka'sma
June 17th, 2008, 10:47 PM
I think the way you handled the situation was inappropriate.
For the most part when I walk my dog and other dogs are in their yard going nuts as we pass, my dog will ignore them completely. However there have been times when for whatever reason Lukka has taken a dislike to a dog barking at her, and retaliated in the same way, pulling and barking and growling. So does that make me a stupid person, because I assure you in no uncertain terms, I am far from stupid.

TacoGrl
June 18th, 2008, 09:03 AM
I think the way you handled the situation was inappropriate.
For the most part when I walk my dog and other dogs are in their yard going nuts as we pass, my dog will ignore them completely. However there have been times when for whatever reason Lukka has taken a dislike to a dog barking at her, and retaliated in the same way, pulling and barking and growling. So does that make me a stupid person, because I assure you in no uncertain terms, I am far from stupid.

A dog who is trained and periodically acts up is not what we are talking about here. We are talking about dogs etc. who run wild and their owners think it is funny.

Longblades
June 18th, 2008, 10:28 AM
:2huggers: Here's your hug, you do need one. Wow, your reaction is just what I would have liked to do. Sadly though, I agree it was not appropriate to let Casey charge after that person. Let's call her a person, she was not a lady. It's a fact of life, we are going to meet nitwits, and reacting to them on their own level just doesn't work, much as we'd like to do it.

You could have endangered Casey. You admirably demonstrated extreme good control of your dog and then allowed it loose on that person. It's not at all fair but you and Casey could have been the ones in official trouble. Not sure of NFLD but here you must have a special license to handle and keep guard dogs. That part could have really backfired on you.

Your poor hands, I'm so sorry about that. Hope they heal up soon.

lolans
June 18th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Regarding the training issue...

Some people are stupid. Their children are stupid. Their pets are stupid. Guess what, they were all trained in the same manner. No rules...no discipline...no boundaries...no positive contribution to the future unless someone outside steps in and shows them the way...they will argue and name call of course, but you have all seen the reality shows! The Nanny...Trading Spouses...etc. Guess what, these shows are all about TRAINING! Training kids, pets and parents. I often think I should make up little stickers and put them on a few foreheads so others are aware of their approach and can prepare accordingly, but then I think, "You can hear/see these folks coming a mile way, who needs stickers?!"

This is so true! :thumbs up