Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Who is your little shadow?

ancientgirl
June 17th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Of my gang, my little shadow is Oksana. She follows me everywhere. If she's asleep on one of the kitty condo's and she hears me get up, she jumps off and follows me. She'll go upstairs, jump on the bed, then into the bathroom where ever I go. Lately, she's also realized that she used to be quite comfy on the bed, so she's been sleeping with me again. She's got the spot to the right of my pillow. She also hangs out with me until I wake up. Maks also comes in a close second. He usually hangs out in bed until I get up too. If I'm somewhere for a while, the others will eventually come, but Oksana is always the first.

Oksana may not like sitting on my lap or being carried, but I know she just wants to be in the same place I am. I adore my little diva girl. :lovestruck:

So who is your shadow?

Frenchy
June 17th, 2008, 12:03 PM
So who is your shadow?

Sam ... Bailey .... Nelly .... Chloe .... :laughing:

But mostly Sam , he's always , always beside me :cloud9: and I love it.

ancientgirl
June 17th, 2008, 12:06 PM
I think that's just the most wonderful feeling in the world, to know they just want to be in your company and be near you.

katherine93
June 17th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Casey is my shadow, out of ten dogs, shes the worst(well i love it so worst isnt the best word) She follws me EVERYWHERE! It does get kinda annoying at times, when im trying to cook something in the kitchen and everytime i moves i pretty much steps on her or trips up:frustrated: But i love it anyway! When i go to bed she lays next to me, than theres matrix, charlie, lucy, jesse, and last but not least, bailey! I have no room to move in my bed!:yell:

Love4himies
June 17th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Snowball was my shadow:sad:, I don't really have one anymore.

kimnmark
June 17th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Buster, my peanut butter dog....always stuck to me.:laughing: Although I think he's going to get a run for his money with the new little lady of the house when she's feeling better.

ancientgirl
June 17th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Snowball was my shadow:sad:, I don't really have one anymore.

I'm sorry. I bet she was a marvelous little shadow:cat:

loopoo
June 17th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Riker and Pantera equally :) he was literally under my feet from day one, and pantera seeks me out whenever i actually make him stay with my husband so she can have her alone time with me, and sometimes not. lately she just starts yodelling loudly so i have to go over to her and let her lie down on my chest. I am seeing some of these qualities with Osa a bit too:D she follows me upstairs everynight when i am getting ready for bed.

phoozles
June 17th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Alley usually needs to be where I am at all times :cloud9:

Ford Girl
June 17th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Both Pubert and Dazy are velcro critters, as independent as they can be, they are still right there, all day, every day. :rolleyes: :cloud9: :lovestruck: :crazy:

TeriM
June 17th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Lucy is my most velcro buddy but the others can come a pretty close second. Riley is becoming much more velcro as time progresses except for maybe the evenings where he tends to be more mellow. I sometimes feel bad for hubby because I'll be upstairs working in my office and both dogs and usually one cat are hangin with me and noone is with him :o. They all totally love him but I am generally home a lot more with them so they focus more on me.

jillybeanrocks
June 17th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Cooper, my Yorkie, is my shadow. :lovestruck: I could just be getting up to get a drink 2 steps away and he wakes up from a deep sleep to follow me. I tell him that it's ok, mommy is coming right back, but he sits there staring at me and yawning like I interupted the best sleep ever.

Byrd
June 17th, 2008, 08:38 PM
My Australian Shepherd book said "to have an Australian Shepherd is to have a four legged shadow" and they are right.

TacoGrl
June 17th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Buster, my peanut butter dog....always stuck to me.:laughing: Although I think he's going to get a run for his money with the new little lady of the house when she's feeling better.

LOL! I love that "peanut butter dog" :thumbs up

Mooki likes to be near me...I get up to go to the loo and she gets up, goes to her "room" and then comes into mine and sits there watching me...kinda creepy, but still cute.

Mooki is always sitting by me or helping with supper...oh and of course she curls up on the toilet seat when I have a bath...she also sleeps on the pillow next to me. I love her :goodvibes:

onster
June 17th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Definately my Bunduk. I think he thinks Im his mom :shrug: He actually meows and tries to climb up my leg to be cradled like a baby. I even give him pats (as if I were burping him) for good measure :crazy:

but hey who's complaining? :D:lovestruck:

krdahmer
June 17th, 2008, 11:23 PM
The boys are definitely my shadows.... they are always wherever I am... as evident by my having to type over Buddy right now... :rolleyes::lovestruck::cloud9:

Dracko
June 18th, 2008, 01:29 AM
My GSD, Dracko, is definitely my shadow. He is stuck to me. If I am sick and lay in bed all day he will only leave if someone else has food to share, then he comes right back. Follows me to the laundry room, bathroom, etc. Now that he is older I can tell him to stay and he'll do so provided I'm not gone long.

Of my cats, Ginkgo, is certainly the one that is around me most. She is always laying touching a part of me and following me around. Given she begs for human food just like the dog, you can guarantee if I have food she is there, too.

Lise
June 18th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Nell usually follows me everywhere.Tessa spends most of the time sleeping and Molly is usually busy doing her own thing.