Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

This is my Pets story

lotus
June 17th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Hi I joined yesterday been looking around a bit.
I have 2 dogs Peanut a Bichon Frise he's 5 then there's Sugar which came to me after a sad life. Sugar is a tiny mix breed 5lbs. She had spent 2 months at the local HS. She was a mill dog. Her medical records were very long she is blind in her right eye do to untreated infection which resulted with an ulcer. I've had her a week and she has become very special to us. She deloped kennel cough 5 days ago my vet said she is very healthy(eats and drinks well and still plays) and should over come it soon. The hack is awful to listen to.
Now Peanuts story , he was a gift from my mother in-law as I cared for my father in-law for 2 years until he passed. Peanut was my therapy dog he was also a friend to my ageing border collie mix Lady (another HS dog) sadly Lady passed away 2 years after Peanut arrived. Lady was with us for 11 years. Back to Peanut after loosing Lady I watched Peanut slip into a depressed state over the last 3 years. To the point all he did was eat and sleep no playing and family time was just not there any more. Didn't even like going for walks.
After loosing Lady I vowed I would never get another dog, Peanut changed my mind I had to do something or I think Peanut would slowly slip away. I watched the paper and internet and one day found myself walking through the HS doors only to find his new friend. Within days Peanut was back playing fetch and spending more time with family. Sugar and Peanut are best friends , right now he seems worried about Sugar when she coughs he runs to get me the runs back to her.
Well that's my pets story.

jealma
June 17th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Welcome to you , sugar and peanut. I hope sugar gets through the kennel cough fast, and hopefully soon we will have pictures. I am sure you`re going to find many great people here. I have learnned a lot from everyone, and hopefully helped one or two with a few questions. :-) Great forum here

Chris21711
June 17th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Welcome to pets.ca. We have a great group of people on this site, you will find them very demanding, always asking for pics of your pets :laughing:

lotus
June 17th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the welcome.
Sugar is feeling better I think as she only coughs when she plays or active where before she coughed every few minutes.
I will post pics once I figure out how to get them off the new camera.:confused:

Frenchy
June 17th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Your dogs sound adorable ! I can't wait to see pictures. And I'm glad Sugar was saved from the puppy mill she was at , thank dog ! :thumbs up

Chris21711
June 17th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I think you have to have a few more posts before you can post pics, so chip in your two cents worth on things you see that might interest you and voila before you know it you will be able to post your pics, in the hope you do get your new camera figured out :thumbs up