Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost our cat! (Milton, Ontario)

RizzoLee
June 16th, 2008, 10:25 AM
We lost our cat Lamb on Saturday night when he snuck out the back door.

He's about 20 lbs, (big kitty!), declawed in the front, and is neutered. He's about 9.5 years old. He is not an outdoor cat, and we just moved into a new subdivision, with a lot of houses that are still under construction.

We live at Derry and 1st Line in Milton, in the Hawthorne Village on the Escarpment development. If you see him, please call me (Crystal) at 905-334-7815.

Thank you!

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x306/RizzoLee/lamb012.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x306/RizzoLee/lamb001.jpg

NoahGrey
June 17th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Have you contacted the Oakville Humane Society? I would also go in an see if your cat was brought in.

I would leave out Tuna or salmon. Also talk to your neighbours, check in garages, sheds, deck. Talk to the constuction workers (heck, I would even give them a picture of your cat and a number that they can reach you at)
Leave something out on the porch that has your smell on it...leave your cats litter box out.

Good luck and keep us posted.

ACO22

Love4himies
June 17th, 2008, 09:57 AM
ACO22 has great advice. Your kitty may be too scared to come out during the day, especially with construction going on. Look for your kitty at dark, bring a flashlight so you can easily see the reflection of cat eyes, he may be too scared to come out even if you are calling him.

As ACO22 stated, go the local shelters, don't just call, you don't know who is working the phones and may not be aware you kitty was brought in.

Good luck and keep us posted.

NoahGrey
June 17th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Thanks L4H's.

Construction workers are great. They see alot. The spca that I work, I am part of the Animal Protection Services and am an Animal protection Officer.

We do get construction workers calling us on occasion. I remember when they called us on them telling us that that had confined a stray dog in one of their trucks and that when they food truck pulled up, they bought him food and water.

Not all of them are pigs *L*

ACO22