Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Take care, buddy

Schwinn
June 16th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Yesterday morning, my mom's Himalayan name Phoenix (who I've often referred to as the "only cat I like") died. My step-dad opened the door to the room where Phoenix and thier other cat sleep, and Phoenix didn't come out. They rushed him to the vet, and the vet gave him a needle to calm him down. They said there was nothing they could do for him, and as the vet was preparing another needle to put him to sleep, he passed away.

My mom commented how I was the only one who could pick him up. When our beloved dog BJ died, I was crushed. Suddenly, Phoenix seemed to take an interest in me, right down to knocking on my bedroom door when I came home from school in the summer and I slept in. I'd open the door, he'd walk in and jump up on the bed and we'd both fall back asleep (this was 13 years ago). Sometimes when I was watching TV, I'd pick him up and set him beside me in the chair on his bum, and he'd sit like a person lounging beside me.

He was a rescue from the OSPCA. We figure he was around 16.

Good bye, little buddy. And as Gracie says, "We'll miss you Kleenex":candle:

hazelrunpack
June 16th, 2008, 09:03 AM
I'm so sorry, Schwinn :grouphug: It's never easy to lose a buddy. Phoenix sounds like a great cat. That was quite a bond you had.

:candle: Phoenix

marko
June 16th, 2008, 10:09 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about that Schwinn and I offer you my deepest condolences :sorry:

RIP sweet Phoenix (Kleenex) :candle:

Sincerely
Marko

Love4himies
June 16th, 2008, 10:30 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Buddy. :rip: Buddy :candle:

happycats
June 16th, 2008, 07:49 PM
I'm so sorry Schwinn. RIP Phoenix. :candle:

Winston
June 16th, 2008, 08:11 PM
:rip: Sweet one! Run to the rainbow!

Glad to see you back Schwinn!

Cindy

14+kitties
June 16th, 2008, 08:51 PM
:rip: Phoenix :candle:

What a beautiful coming home from school story. Thank you for loving him.

BusterBoo
June 16th, 2008, 08:59 PM
:rip: sweet Phoenix

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, Phoenix sounds like a wonderful friend....

Frenchy
June 16th, 2008, 09:02 PM
I am so sorry for your loss :sad: seems to me like he had a good life with your family. :grouphug:

:rip: dear Phoenix

CyberKitten
June 16th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Awwwwwwwww!! I am so sorry to hear your news Schwinn!! This kitty sounds wonderful - and hey, you must like cats somewhat - you liked her and you listen to all our stories. :thumbs up

Take care and remember her by thinking of all the great time you have spent with him - and tell Gracie all about "Kleenex". (How cute, lol)

I am sure he'll enjoy Rainbow Ridge and be waiting for all of you!

Mahealani770
June 17th, 2008, 03:05 PM
I'm so sorry Schwinn.....
:candle: Phoenix (Kleenex) :rip:

kimnmark
June 17th, 2008, 06:18 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Phoenix sounds like he was a wonderful buddy.
:rip:

want4rain
June 17th, 2008, 06:25 PM
aww, rest in peace Phoneix! roll in the grass, eat some bugs and wait for your boy. :candle:

-ashley