Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Some new ones of Czarina

ancientgirl
June 15th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Not much different from the other pictures you've seen, since she's hard to get out of the pyramid. I was going to take some pictures later, but I want to leave her alone for the rest of the day. As it is I have to try and get drops in her eye for the third time today and I don't want to stick a camera in her face and stress her out even more.

Here are I took this morning.

Can you tell she's trying to avoid me here? This is after I gave her her prozac and gave her her first eye drop of the day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four%203/012.jpg

Here's another one. This one breaks my heart. I just felt a sadness from her here. I know she's not happy right now. She wants to be outside, I know she does. I wish I could make her understand it's not safe for her out there anymore. I wish I could tell her there are people who don't like cats and want to hurt them, and that I'm trying to give her a safer life than the one she had outside.:sad: I know it will come and that I have to be patient. I just wish I could see some happiness from her.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four%203/014-1.jpg

chico2
June 15th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Aww Ancient,you don't know if she is happy or not,she looks really comfy to me.
With your love and care,she will one day appreciate all you've done for her,I am sure.
Once she becomes social with the others,she'll realize how much fun life can be,in a safe warm place.

loopoo
June 15th, 2008, 09:01 PM
i was just thinking what chico was... she sure looks comfy.. just will take time...

ancientgirl
June 15th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Chico, Loopoo, one thing for certain, I know she has to be comfortable. That little bed is very comfortable, and I've got a chenille blanket in there too. She's got two yummy meals a day and plenty of fresh water. I hope in her mind she realizes how wonderful it is here.

Masha
June 15th, 2008, 09:51 PM
She looks very relaxed in the second photo! I dont see sadness or stress... she just looks ultra comfy ( very nice collar & tag!! ).

I bet she is just being a diva; a little of "well, if i act all tough, mom is going to pamper me and treat me extra special" (she is a woman after all :rolleyes: :laughing:)

kimnmark
June 16th, 2008, 07:42 AM
SHe looks comfy & relaxed to me. I think she is enjoying her new, safe home.:)

Love4himies
June 16th, 2008, 07:46 AM
I don't see the sadness, ancientgirl, I see a girl who is very relaxed and finally doesn't have to sleep with one eye open all the time.

I think for an outside kitty, she is adjusting very well! You are doing a great job!

ancientgirl
June 16th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I guess I was just feeling bad since I took the pictures after I'd put the drops in her eye and she was really angry at me. But I'd like to think that she does feel a certain sense of relief at being able to sleep without having to, as L4H said, sleep with one eye open anymore. I can only imagine how difficult it must have been for her to really rest and feel safe outside. At least inside she knows there isn't anything she has to worry about and she can sleep with no problem. I know my others sleep very soundly. Even when I go and pet them while they are sleeping, they don't open their eyes. LOL, they just stretch and turn over for me to rub their belly or under their chin. Something Czarina did last night.

Love4himies
June 16th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Something Czarina did last night.

Well, there you go, she is not unhappy, well maybe when you are putting the drops in her eyes she may be a little unhappy :laughing:.

It took Sweet Pea about 3 weeks to have a good nap. She was a stray for at least 4 months. Now she won't even go outside, no way.

ancientgirl
June 16th, 2008, 09:48 AM
:laughing: Yeah, I got the daily growl this morning. I'm hoping to see some improvement in her eye by Wednesday, that way at least I know I'll be able to leave her alone with the drops. By the time I left she let me pet her with no growling.