Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

sick puppy

hoffpauir
June 15th, 2008, 01:41 PM
hi,

it is sunday and my 10 week old jack russell puppy is sick. she vomited last nite and again during the nite. she is lethargic, no decetable bowel sounds, drank a little this am but threw it up after several hours. i think she has a little fever. she had her second puppy shot 5 days ago. she eats everything in her path and may have eaten something that made her sick or has blocked her intestines. the nearest vet is in another town and closed on sunday. i live in panama and it is impossible to call the vet as my spanish vocab does not include the issue. is there anything i can do to check if she is sick of has an obstruction? any advice would be welcome. thanks, hoffpauir

Frenchy
June 15th, 2008, 01:46 PM
The only advice I have for you is , find an emergency clinic that you can call , make a long distance call if you have too !!! This is an emergency , it's very dangerous for a puppy this young to get dehydrated.

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2008, 10:32 PM
I think you've checked what you can--vomiting is not a good sign and a normal intestine has at least some audible noises as food moves through it. I hope you were able to find a vet, hoffpauir, and your puppy recovers quickly! :fingerscr :goodvibes: