Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

cat tail in door

rndtuet
June 15th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I shut the door and my cat was going out and his tail got caught, and it skinned about three inches of fur off of the tail. Now the tail is a bleeding, not profusely, just oozing, what should I do? He doesn't appear to be in a lot of pain, the tail doesn't look broken.

Winston
June 15th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Can you put something on it to stop the bleeding? I dont know if it works the same way but can you dunk the tail in flour? to make it clot. I am sure someone will come along with more experience but I would reccomend a quick visit to a vet..just to be sure its not broken..Cats have a high pain tolerance.

Cindy

krdahmer
June 15th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Get him to a vet. Tail injuries can be worse than they seem, especially when it's been crushed or pinched like in a door. :goodvibes: for your kitty!

ancientgirl
June 15th, 2008, 01:54 PM
I agree, kitty needs to see a vet as soon as possible.

t.pettet
June 15th, 2008, 08:36 PM
"Doesn't appear to be in pain" Of course its painful - do the same to one of your fingers! - does it hurt? Needs to see a vet now.

katherine93
June 15th, 2008, 08:38 PM
"Doesn't appear to be in pain" Of course its painful - do the same to one of your fingers! - does it hurt? Needs to see a vet now.

Key word Appear..

Love4himies
June 16th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Cats hide their pain very well! Not appear to be in pain does not mean they are not in pain.

Your kitty may need to have a antibiotic salve to keep the wound from getting infected.