Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How do I stop the puppy biting

King
June 15th, 2008, 08:43 AM
King bits like crazy when you are petting him. I have a toy in one hand and when he starts biting I give him the toy or when he is going crazy I will say ouch loudly and stop and ignore him but he seems to continue doing it where am I going wrong? I would think after two weeks he would have some clue not to bite when being petted, or is that still to early?

DoubleRR
June 15th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Far too early, and everyone who comes in contact with him must be consistant in yiping when he touches them with his teeth, standing up and leaving him alone for awhile. If some people allow him to use his teeth, it will take MUCH longer to train him.

angeldogs
June 15th, 2008, 08:54 AM
When you pull your hand away puppies think it's a game and will lundge at your hand.after you say ouch in a firm voice say no bite.some pups can take awhile to learn.

King
June 15th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Okay thank you so I am expecting to much to soon on it.

t.pettet
June 15th, 2008, 08:46 PM
What worked for me was saying a loud NO and replacing my gnawed, bitten finger or hand with a chew bone as soon as puppy latched on.

Sylvie
June 16th, 2008, 11:34 AM
How well I remember the baby teeth, even though my baby is 6 years old and weighs 100 lbs. His teeth were like little razers just waiting to attack. Eventually he learned and is now the most gentle giant when you are near his mouth, whether to give a pill or treat.

Be patient, he will learn, even though at times it seems he never will:pray: