Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

14+kitties - check out this setup!

sugarcatmom
June 14th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Amazing woman looking after over 700 rescued cats on 12 acres in California (make sure you watch the video):

http://www.cathouseonthekings.com/facility.php

growler~GateKeeper
June 14th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Looks like she's got a great setup :thumbs up and all are available for adoption

krdahmer
June 15th, 2008, 12:06 AM
:lovestruck::cry: I loooooove that woman! That is the coolest thing I have ever seen.... and I just hope there are more people like her out there! (Like our very own 14+!!! ;) ):lovestruck:

(I think after hubby sees that he may reconsider trying to get me on some acreage though... :rolleyes::laughing:)

rainbow
June 15th, 2008, 12:30 AM
What a terrific person she is. :angel: :thumbs up

thekatzmeow
June 15th, 2008, 12:41 AM
:cool: That looks like a cat lover's paradise.....and a paradise for the cats, too. Right on to the woman who created it!

Joeyjoejoe
June 15th, 2008, 12:58 AM
I just want to know how she keeps that place clean?!?

ancientgirl
June 15th, 2008, 07:06 AM
That is one amazing woman. wow! She's living a dream life. How wonderful of her to help them and it's incredibly how clean the place looks and how well they are all getting along!

aslan
June 15th, 2008, 07:14 AM
lol, my allergies are going crazy just seeing that many cats. That woman is such an :angel:.

chico2
June 15th, 2008, 07:20 AM
OMG,OMG what a wonderful lady,thank's Sugarcat for the link,absolutely fantastic:thumbs up
I had to watch it without the sound,I have Rocky on my lap,will watch it again later sans cats:laughing:

kimnmark
June 15th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Wow! Incredible.

14+kitties
June 15th, 2008, 09:31 AM
sugarcatmom - thank you very much for posting that! It was incredible to watch!! :cloud9: What an angel that lady is. I only wish I could be like her.
One day maybe I can do something like that. At this moment there is no way. I would have to get rid of my other half. :rolleyes: He doesn't even like cats that much. There is no way he would agree to any more than I have now. They are "my" cats. He doesn't want anything to do with them (besides Timmy).

From watching the videos it seems like there are donations coming in and some funding? They are building some interesting outbuildings for FIV cats and other ill ones. I only wish I could do that.

My guys were up for adoption last year. No one wanted any because everyone had kittens available. Now I am way too attached to them to even consider giving any up. This year's kitties are up for adoption. I am trying hard not to get too attached. I know it's too late but when the time comes I am prepared. I just can't handle more right now with the food bills every month. Vets we can handle. (Credit cards work really well.) I am hoping to adopt to homes where I know they are safe and/or I can visit or stay in touch.

Again, thanks so much for posting that. I sat and watched it in amazement with tears flowing. :thumbs up