Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Baxter pushed Bentley into the pond this morning

clm
June 14th, 2008, 11:23 PM
It finally happened. First pic shows the 2 of them, Baxter wants to pass Bentley, but Bentley won't move. Baxter outweighs Bentley by 20lbs, so 2nd and 3rd pics are after we hauled him out of the water. He doesn't swim very well. :laughing:

Cindy

jiorji
June 14th, 2008, 11:25 PM
shame on you!! you shouldn't be laughing!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

what?? no picture of him falling in the water??:rolleyes::o

clm
June 14th, 2008, 11:25 PM
He never went totally under, that fur holds a lot of air. He was dry in less than 1/2 hour. This pic is less than 1/2 hour after his dip and you'd never know he was ever in the water. No brushing, nothing. You gotta love a coat like that. :laughing:

clm
June 14th, 2008, 11:27 PM
shame on you!! you shouldn't be laughing!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

what?? no picture of him falling in the water??:rolleyes::o

No, no pic of him actually in the water, had to go haul his sorry butt out of the water. :laughing: He was looking a little frantic. :laughing:

angeldogs
June 14th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Hahaha not the way he wanted to take a dip.

I like the last pic and the way he is sitting looking proud

hazelrunpack
June 14th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Hahaha not the way he wanted to take a dip.

I like the last pic and the way he is sitting looking proud

Proud and relieved to be safe on dry land! :laughing:

His fur really does dry fast! Did he sink or float, Cindy?

clm
June 14th, 2008, 11:57 PM
his back end sank, from mid body up he stayed dry. I think he was surprised when he couldn't touch bottom. :laughing:

Cindy

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Aha! Buoyancy to the rescue! :laughing: Poor guy must've been mortified... :o

Next time I hope the camera is on hand. :fingerscr :D

angeldogs
June 15th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Proud and relieved to be safe on dry land! :laughing:

His fur really does dry fast! Did he sink or float, Cindy?

That's about it on dry land:laughing:

rainbow
June 15th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Hee hee......you can see his dripping fur in the second pic. :D

Does Baxter like the water? :)

growler~GateKeeper
June 15th, 2008, 12:58 AM
Musta been quite the scare for Bentley and the fish, though apparently he's not afraid to go sit on the ledge next to the water again :thumbs up, interesting to see if he'll relent & move the next time Baxter wants past or if Bentley will stand his ground again :dog:

clm
June 15th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Baxter hates water other than to drink it. :laughing: Bentley on the other hand loves it. Not quite to the extent that he went to today though. :laughing: He was quite perky after going in though, once he got over the shock of having to swim and getting pulled out of the pond, he seemed to want to go back in. Took a lot of talking to him to make sure he understands the pond is not the place he should go swimming in. :laughing:
Baxter has never shown any interest in the fish in the pond either, where as Bentley watches them with great interest. The fish didn't mind Bentley going for a dip, they swam over to see who the new furry fish was. :laughing:

Cindy

growler~GateKeeper
June 15th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Some brave fish you got :laughing: I'd have thought they would be at the other end :shrug:

Lukka'sma
June 15th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Bentley is looking quite pleased with himself while sitting on that rock:)
I bet all that fur asborbed the water like a sponge and added twenty pounds to his weight when you had to haul him out of there:laughing:

ancientgirl
June 15th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Poor Bently. I bet next time he might let Baxter pass him :laughing:

aslan
June 15th, 2008, 08:06 AM
I think he refused to move on purpose, that way he can say he got pushed in the pond. "cause he secretly wanted to fim with the fishies.

chico2
June 15th, 2008, 08:08 AM
clm,poor Bentley:laughing::laughing:you can really see a little body under all that fur on the wet part.:lovestruck:
In the last pic,he looks like a Lion looking over his domain,a perfect add on to your beautiful pond and garden.

kimnmark
June 15th, 2008, 08:35 AM
:laughing:oh poor Bentley. Although judging by the last pic he looks none the worse for the experience.

King
June 15th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Ahhh to cute love the pond to must be so relaxing.........that is the best picture with him just sitting there in the last picture priceless bet you see it all the time................

Frenchy
June 15th, 2008, 01:55 PM
:laughing: Finally ! :laughing: But I thought we would see pictures of him in the water :sad:

he looks disgusted in the wet pictures , one paw in the air as if to say : eewwwww , mommmy :yell:

and that last pic , he looks like a statue ! :lovestruck: