Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Oh Meg...........

14+kitties
June 14th, 2008, 10:03 PM
How did Peaches' appt go today? I hope you got terrific news. Was waiting to see if you showed up but didn't see you.
:fingerscr for good results.

hazelrunpack
June 14th, 2008, 10:16 PM
:goodvibes: for Peaches! :D

rainbow
June 14th, 2008, 11:07 PM
More :fingerscr :goodvibes: :fingerscr :goodvibes: for Peaches.

growler~GateKeeper
June 14th, 2008, 11:18 PM
:goodvibes: :fingerscr for Great results for Peaches & :fingerscr :goodvibes: the vets okay to adopt Mittens :D

meg4050
June 15th, 2008, 09:03 PM
:sad: he doesnít think itís a good idea

Sorry I didnít post earlier, I didnít have access to internet until I got back to the city.
The vet I dealt with the last testing, not really knowing Peachesí condition and the severity of his first seizures, gave me a bit of false hope. His troph levels are within the right levels (85-185) which is good, but he is only at 106 and because his case of epilepsy is fairly strong, my regular vet wants him at 130+

Heís not saying he wonít get there on this dosage, just that it might take a bit more time and more testing. He told me he lost a cat the week before his holidays to a grand mal and the cat had been seizure free for over 5 months so Iím not sure if thatís contributing to his opinion. At this point, especially with Peanut, even though Peaches has been ok with him, heís worried another change might be too much :sad:

Iím so sorry 14+, I feel so bad :cry2:

krdahmer
June 15th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Aw thats too bad about mittens meg... but good news that Peaches levels are still good. Hopefully they keep getting better and he continues to go seizure free! More :goodvibes: for you and Peaches (and that sassy Peanut too!) :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Aw, the time will come, meg. :grouphug: The bright side is that Peaches is doing pretty well! :highfive:

14+kitties
June 16th, 2008, 06:05 AM
Meg - don't you DARE feel bad!! The important one here is Peaches!! If Mittens doesn't find a home he will always have one here. It's ok! :grouphug:

I'm glad he is hanging in. Epelipsy is such a scary thing. No fooling around with it. I know every time Keesha has a seizure it scares me but I have been dealing with them for 13 years now.

:grouphug: and no more feeling bad! :thumbs up

chico2
June 16th, 2008, 06:24 AM
Meg,hopefully brave(at Woofstock) little Peaches will be relatively seizure free on his meds,it is a scary thing.
I dealt with the 2-legged human variety for 30yrs with one of my sons,in a little cat it seems even worse.
I don't suppose surgery is an option in cats?,as it was with my son,now seizure free.:fingerscr
It's too bad about Mittens,but he is in a very safe place and Peaches probably does not need the stress of a newcomer.:goodvibes:to Peaches and you.:goodvibes:

meg4050
June 16th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Meg - don't you DARE feel bad!! The important one here is Peaches!! If Mittens doesn't find a home he will always have one here. It's ok! :grouphug:

I'm glad he is hanging in. Epelipsy is such a scary thing. No fooling around with it. I know every time Keesha has a seizure it scares me but I have been dealing with them for 13 years now.

:grouphug: and no more feeling bad! :thumbs up

:o Thanks Geri, I guess I just got my hopes up...typical me :laughing:

Meg,hopefully brave(at Woofstock) little Peaches will be relatively seizure free on his meds,it is a scary thing.
I dealt with the 2-legged human variety for 30yrs with one of my sons,in a little cat it seems even worse.
I don't suppose surgery is an option in cats?,as it was with my son,now seizure free.:fingerscr
It's too bad about Mittens,but he is in a very safe place and Peaches probably does not need the stress of a newcomer.:goodvibes:to Peaches and you.:goodvibes:

I don't believe surgery is an option, atleast it hasn't been suggested to me! My dad also has epilepsy (and the surgery) and kind of reassured me after I spoke with the vet that even in his case, after a good 6 months to a year of fooling with meds and dosages, it eventually straightened out and he was able to lead a perfectly normal life. So here' hoping Peaches will do the same :fingerscr

14+, you know when the time is right, you're the first person I'm coming to :)

14+kitties
June 16th, 2008, 09:00 PM
14+, you know when the time is right, you're the first person I'm coming to :)

Sweetie - YOU know I will be here!!! :thumbs up

ancientgirl
June 16th, 2008, 09:05 PM
:fingerscr I hope Peaches does well on the meds. Illnesses like that are so scary.