Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What is wrong with some people?

kathryn
June 14th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Gahhhh seriously. I have a yahoo answers account thingy, and I stick to the pet section on there and mostly kind of patrol and correct people. Like when people say Iams is a good food or something I will correct them and whatnot and try to answer some questions myself. Just something to do. Sure I've seen some pretty dumb questions on there, but they were all serious and not jokes so whatever.

I just got into an argument with someone on there. It was a typical question, her cat had peed on her couch he doesn't have a bladder infection what should she do? He just got neutered 2 days ago blah blah blah.But then at the end of her question, she put

"I don't know what else to do anymore, I am going to take him to the animal shelter today, unless I have a full proof way to not have urine on my couch Any last chance advise to save my cat from getting euthanized?"

So I immediately told her off. I mean I did explain the cat just had surgery and might not be feeling too well, but I mean seriously, WHO THE HELL PICKS A COUCH OVER A CAT?!!? Then she edited her post to say

"hey shut up, do you have to smell cat piss everytime you want to watch tv on your nice new furniture that cost you an arm and a leg? And what do you think they do at the pound? Take them to happy fun time zone? No they kill them with drugs if nobody wants them. So learn how to deal and shut up ignoramus."

So she basically wouldn't mind her cat getting put down because the cat TOOK A PEE ON HER COUCH right after GETTING SURGERY!

*brain implodes*

So then I got a bit immature and told her I wish her mom had euthanized her when she was a baby and peed in a diaper.

But seriously, how many of you here would put your cat down if it had an accident? My foster kitten pooped on the couch and oh well we keep sheets down for things like this and just toss the sheet in the washer. No big deal. Kitty didn't mean it it was an accident.

I wouldn't care if my cats destroyed every valuable thing I owned. I still would love them. A couch can be replaced. Cats can not.

BusterKitty
June 14th, 2008, 12:50 PM
If she had children and they wet the bed at night, would she go in immediately and tell the people to put that child to sleep? Didn't think so. Wow, I wonder how she'll do as a parent:rolleyes:

BTW, thanks for trying to change her mind. At least the cat had some hope:cat:

kathryn
June 14th, 2008, 04:13 PM
But seriously I hope someone RESPONSIBLE adopts her cats from her. I mean she's as bad as a parent who would beat their kid for wetting the bed! Not like Mr. Kitty did it on purpose, he probably was just sore from getting neutered and just happened to be sitting on the couch at the time.

And someone else mentioned laying plastic down on the couch for now and another said something about lock him in a separate room for a while but she's being a complete butt brain and just wants the cat put down.

It's not like it's impossible to clean a couch cushion to get cat pee out. I mean sure you might have to call up one of them steamer people who clean furniture but big deal it's not like the cat did it to make you angry.

Gahhhh

ancientgirl
June 14th, 2008, 06:56 PM
I think the ignaramous is her. First of all, there are many things you can buy to get the smell of cat urine from furniture or carpet, and had she taken the time to look for them, she would have found them. Second, anyone who would take their pet to have them euthanized because they peed somewhere one time after surgery deserves to get their butt handed to them.

Seriously, I hope that person never has kids. Heaven forbid they had an accident in bed or something. A couple of my gang have taken to scratching at my mattresses, which are less than 6 months old and cost me a pretty penny. If they scratch them well okay I deal, do I even think about giving them away? NEVER!

Did anyone else tell her what a jackass she was being?

kathryn
June 14th, 2008, 09:13 PM
I just checked back and someone agreed with me that this person shouldn't be allowed to own pets.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080614084535AAZGd7U&r=w#JLJVG2zLJXcBuNEQppyx

is the link if you are curious. They read my profile and put this:

"Ya, its obvious that your disgusting seven cats have already destroyed everything you own so you just accept living in filth."

Which was kind of random. Like seriously, this person needs to be slapped at the minimum; beaten with a plastic rake would be better though. This is worse then the people who want to declaw their cats to save a couch. This person basically wants the cat dead to save her furniture. It happened one time too, it's not she said this is the 5th time he's did this or something. Omg poor you kitty had an accident that's not a reason to want it put to sleep.

*brian explodes instead of imploding*

ancientgirl
June 14th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks for that link. I just left this answer:

First of all, you need to buy a cleaner specialized to get the odor out, that way you can sit and watch TV without the smell bothering you, as that is a problem for you.

Second, I suggest you find a good home for your cat and perhaps buy something that won't pee or crap anywhere since you so obviously can't stand to own a pet, because things like this happen now and then. Perhaps a stuffed animal is more your kind of thing. Really, this is part of owning a pet. It's also part of having a child, so you might not want to have any of those either.

Third, I highly suggest some medication. Wanting to euthanize a 6 month old cat who has just had surgery that accidentally peed on your couch is not the work of a sane mind. You are either insane or just plain heartless.

:laughing: I'm glad there were a lot of other people telling her off. This person has serious issues.

kathryn
June 14th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Thanks ancientgirl :p I gave you a 'thumbs up' for that one. She's probably going to be a complete butt brain and not listen to us but hopefully someone with some sense will take these cats away from her.

Some people are just cuckoo. Poor kitties of hers :(

I remember the time one of my cats took a piss in my bean-bag chair because I forgot to leave the door open a little (before I got the cat doors installed) and hopped out of bed to clean it up and ended up stepping in the bean bag, in a big puddle of kitty pee! And I just laughed it off. Then took the beanbag to the shower with me and washed it off and washed my feet off. It's really not that big of a deal. Some people are incredibly stupid.

Shaykeija
June 14th, 2008, 10:53 PM
I gave her this answer...

May I suggest that you get yourself neutered. Because if you can not handle cleaning up after your cat, god help any kids you may breed. Re home those 2 cats and get a life.....

:wall::wall::wall:

BusterKitty
June 14th, 2008, 11:42 PM
It's just so sad that the ones who are the butt brains are the ones that own these poor animals. I hope she'll rehome BOTH of them so they don't have to bother with her...:sad:

BTW, Shaykeija, I love your response. It gave me something to chuckle about.

ancientgirl
June 15th, 2008, 07:46 AM
You know, it really is something that can for the most part be corrected. I have no doubt this was an issue of the poor kitty just not feeling well after his surgery. Not like it's something that's going to happen constantly, unless she doesn't listen to some advice and not get the couch cleaned properly. I'm curious to see if she's responded to any other people.

I just looked, I guess she didn't like the answers she was getting (no surprise) since the question has been deleted. Honestly, what kind of answers did she think she'd get? I guess she expected for other people to feel the same way about animals as she did.:loser:

Kashi
June 15th, 2008, 07:49 AM
The question has been deleted now.

sophistikitten
June 15th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Unfortunately, there are a lot of stupid and irresponsible people out there. :mad:

I have a friend that works at a Humane Society in Portland, OR and she tells me such frustrating stories of people who take their cats and dogs into the shelter...just because they put new carpets in and the cat/dog fur shows up on the new carpet or doesn't match.

Grr!:mad:

14+kitties
June 15th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Unfortunately, there are a lot of stupid and irresponsible people out there. :mad:

I have a friend that works at a Humane Society in Portland, OR and she tells me such frustrating stories of people who take their cats and dogs into the shelter...just because they put new carpets in and the cat/dog fur shows up on the new carpet or doesn't match.

So I guess a couple of the questions on the adoption form should be:
Are you planning on getting new furniture any time soon?
Are you planning on replacing your carpet in the near future?

Not that it would help. People lie!

kathryn
June 15th, 2008, 10:41 PM

So basically if your color scheme was green and white, but your cat was orange, that would be a rational reason to get rid of the cat?

I had reported the original answer, so that might be why it got deleted.

It's not like it was joke either, because the person was a 'top contributor' & if you looked at their profile they had been there a while. It wasn't like some troll who showed up to mess with people.

sophistikitten
June 15th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Knowing my friend who deals with people like this on a regular basis, I'm sure she tells them what she really thinks of them (but without getting fired!) too. On a good note, she has brought up the adoption rates of cats by a lot and found many GOOD homes for them.