Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sick Puppy

ldumanoir
June 13th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Hello my name is Lyndsey, I have two dogs Oliver and Cody, and a cat, Ivan. Oliver was neutered on Monday June 2nd and I have been having some difficulty with him. Oliver vomitted Monday night after his operation and a bit Tuesday morning, but then seemed ok. His stomach wasn't upset anymore but he never realy got his personality back. The following Sunday, Oliver began tovomit again and hasn't been able to keep anything down since; not even water. I brought him to the vet., who thought he may have a stomach/intestinal virus. He perscribed antibiotics, but they do not seem toi be working. He is still vomiting and can't keep food or water down, he is hardly moving from where he lays, and if I don't bring him outside to urinate, he will urinate where he is laying. I am not sure what to do or why he is so ill. He also has a bit of a cough, but nothing major. My fiance and I thought at first it may be kennel cough, but none of the other symptoms fit. If you have any answeres, please let me know. Thanks, Lyndsey

Winston
June 13th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Maybe a second opinion? you need to be sure he gets water into him because he can dehydrate quickly.. did your vet do any bloodwork or testing?

You could try some ice cubes or even using a syringe..will he eat anything like plain white rice or some plain ground beef?

Cindy

Frenchy
June 13th, 2008, 09:36 PM
He is still vomiting and can't keep food r water down, he is hardly moving from where he lays, and if I don't bring him outside to urinate, he will urinate where he is laying.

Please take him to a vet , same one or another one but he needs to see a vet asap.