Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bricks first camping trip

Catt31
July 5th, 2004, 10:44 AM
We went out camping this weekend to Kananaskis, a beautiful place in the mountains!! Ohhhh what the Ontarians are missing!! Brick is such a poser....he loves his picture being taken and hams it up for the camera!! The wild rose is Alberta's provincial flower.

Catt31
July 5th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Here's a couple more scenery type ones. The mountains are so breathtaking!! The pictures just don't do them justice!! The second pic is of Tim, my fiancee, fishing in Lower Kananaskis Lake (didn't catch a darn thing!) :rolleyes:

sammiec
July 5th, 2004, 11:26 AM
We went out camping this weekend to Kananaskis, a beautiful place in the mountains!! Ohhhh what the Ontarians are missing!!

You're telling me!!! Those mountains are fantastic!!! One perk is having family in Edmonton and in Cochrane.... (even though Ed is not that close to the mountains!)
Wonderful pics, I'm sure that Brick LOVED it!! - and for his first time camping to be in those mountains *sigh! :D

Catt31
July 5th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Thanks sammie!! Yes, they are wonderful, and if anyone ever gets a chance to head west, they are not to be missed!! Edmonton is only a 3 hour drive or so not too bad! Cochrane is very close..they have gorgeous views of the mountains!! Brick LOVED it out there, its just too bad he had to be on leash for the most part (within the campground), but he still had a blast! He slept all day yesterday and most of this morning. LOL :rolleyes:

Luba
July 5th, 2004, 11:44 AM
CattWoman

MAN those pics are beautiful!!

Brick has lucked into a really wonderful family, you are awesome!! I'm so proud of you :D He's so happy, you're so happy! Ahhhhh everybody's so happy!

He sure looks comfy there on your lap :D

Heather MH
July 5th, 2004, 12:18 PM
Catt,

Those pictures are beautiful. We just took Daisy and Chevy camping for the first time a couple of weekends ago, they loved it as well.
Those pictures remind me of the spray lakes area around Canmore... Is that where you were? Just curious! :D

glasslass
July 5th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Sighhhhhhhhh! Now I'm going to be twitching and making little yearning barks in my sleep! :p I love the rugged outsdoorsman puppy lounging in the camp chair with all the comforts! :D

Catt31
July 5th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Awww thanks you guys!! Luba booba..you almost made me cry!!! We are all really lucky....Brick is an angel in disguise.....and well, he's pretty darn spoiled too!!! He WAS awfully comfy on my lap.... I would have been too if he wasn't 70 lbs......LOL..but he was keeping me warm!!

We were close to Spray lakes, Heather.....but I think we were a bit more south east of them..not 100% sure, but I do remember seeing the turn off for the lakes. Its all very beautiful in there!!!

Did you see the beer Brick had in that chair??? What a lush!!! Gonna have to take him to DA (Doggies Anonymous)!!! LOL

Luba
July 5th, 2004, 01:11 PM
OMG nooo I didn't see the beeeeer LMAO Brick you need doggie AA!! :cool:

Sadie wants ta say hi to ya !

glasslass
July 5th, 2004, 01:46 PM
I didn't see the beer! :eek: Had to go back to look! Yup! 12-step program needed! :D

Look at those Hollywood Teeth again! Sadie, you make me instantly happy just looking at that grin! :p

Catt31
July 5th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Sadie's Sensational Smile!! What a love she is!!!! Brick wanted to lick the monitor!!! Crazy pooch!!! :eek:

heidiho
July 5th, 2004, 01:57 PM
What kind of dog is brick??

Lucky Rescue
July 5th, 2004, 02:58 PM
The pics are stunning, and Brick looks so very happy! He has truly gone from rags to untold riches thanks to you!!

I see you have one of those huge lap dogs too! :eek:

P.S. Chloe says to tell Brick that he is a "hottie"! :p
http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL320/1047157/1960669/37962989.jpg

sammiec
July 5th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Briggs wants in on this action too!!! Mmm Brick! :D

Luba
July 5th, 2004, 03:54 PM
CHLOEEEEEEE :D She's so adorable, I wanna hug her!

Briggs you want some puppy lovin don't you!! :D

chico2
July 5th, 2004, 05:25 PM
You guys make me a bit light-green with envy,you all have wonderful lucky pooches :D I am not going to spoil the slide-show with adding my little friends..
Catt,Alberta is beautiful,I've been there twice,I could just sit with a beer(or two!)in my hand,full of wonder at the incredible beauty.
Driving down to South Carolina US ever year for 15yrs,we always go through the mountains in Pennsylvania,Virginia and West Virginia and we never tire of the view,it is something magical and powerful.
Oh,now I am getting all poetic :D Beautiful pics!!

jenjen
July 5th, 2004, 07:50 PM
you all have very beautiful dogs. Sadie looks like my Laddy that passed away a few years ago. Is she/he a collie? I love collies. I tend to belive that they think they are more human than pooch.

trescanis
July 6th, 2004, 03:41 AM
The mountains are so breathtaking!! The pictures just don't do them justice!!

Ahhh, I know what you mean. Sometimes some photos can only be taken in the mind.

He slept all day yesterday and most of this morning.

Hahaha!! Soooo much mental stimuli while camping. And then the hiking....

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sport/sport-smiley-009.gif

Catt31
July 6th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Hehehehe...you guys are the best!!

Brick is lapping up all the attention!! He looooooveeessssss it!!! Brick now has the hots for Chloe and Briggs!! He did a little yip and a dance when he saw them......look out ladies!!! LOL (sorry Sadie, you had your chance...and you cheated on my boy with Tanner!)

My boy, the STUD!!! Too bad his raisin sack isn't any good!! LMAO :D :D :D

anita - come by and have a beer with me and the zoo next time your our west!! (same invite goes for anyone!!!)

heidi - we were told Brick was a rotti/shep X...but we now believe he is more lab/rhodesian ridgeback. I also think he might have a bit of pit bull in him! Who knows!! We will never know I guess, as we got him from the pound!

trescanis - the Fraser Valley is gorgeous too.....love going there, but haven't been in years. The scenery is unbelievable!! You're very lucky to live there! :D

heidiho
July 6th, 2004, 02:33 PM
So funny i never heard of that place,but last night they mentioned it on et,they filmed some of x-men where you were..

TalonsMa
July 8th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Your right! Kananaskis is gorgeous :) I live in Alberta too! We will be getting a new puppy mid August and have been trying to think of a cool place to go camping with her for the Sept long w/e., Looks like we have figured it out!
Brick is gorgoues, I love the pic with him sitting in the chair!

Poppy
July 8th, 2004, 03:01 PM
I love the one of Brick in the lawn chair!!!

Catt31
July 8th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Where in AB are ya?? Kananaskis is fantastic, we love camping there!! We usually camp in the Lower Lake campground or Boulton. Get there early, it fills up fast! :D

TY Poppy!! Where in Sask. are you?? Chany is also from Sask., but I haven't seen her on here for awhile!!!

TalonsMa
July 8th, 2004, 06:28 PM
I'm in Edmonton!! :) If I got there late Friday do ya think it would be filled up already???

Catt31
July 8th, 2004, 07:34 PM
On a long weekend, yeppers!! We went on Thurs. (Canada Day) and were out there at 9:30 am, and had to drive around to every site before we found ONE empty campsite, and that was only after they left at check out time at 11. The lady said they were all full on Wed. and it wasn't even really a long weekend, although people took Fri. off!! I think Boulton is the only one that takes reservations, you should call and see if you can book one now!!

I went to U of A for 2 years, got my BEd there, then moved back to Calgary to work!! I liked Edmonton in that there wasn't as much traffic grid lock and rush hour like there is here, lots of main arteries to get around the city! Although I'm a die hard Stamps fan, I do admit that I didn't mind living in the Eskies city!! ;) It was a hard pill to swallow the first few months!! LOL :D

TalonsMa
July 8th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Darn!! I have to work til 5pm that Friday, so there's no way we'd get a site, and Bouton (sp) is full already! Guess we'll have to take the new pup somewhere else. I've heard camping in Drumheller is cool too? Have you ever??

I've lived in Edmonton almost my entire life, somedays I wish I could move somewher else, but deep down I love it! :)

Catt31
July 9th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Drumheller is GORGEOUS!!! My parents have a cabin east of Drumheller, on a semi dried up lake, but growing up the lake was full and we spent 2 months at a time there. Now its just a relaxing place to go. There are some nice campgrounds along the river, and it gets hot there!! :D What about Pigeon Lake or Sylvan Lake? Or does it matter if you are near water? Another beautiful place is "Writing On Stone" south of Lethbridge, along the Milk River. Gorgeous!! Red Lodge, near Red Deer is nice too!

Catt31
July 9th, 2004, 11:27 AM
Here's a couple pics from around Drumheller! It looks barren but its very pretty!! :D