Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tucker

angeldogs
June 13th, 2008, 01:46 PM
I thought i would post more pics of Tucker as he needs the exposure.

angeldogs
June 13th, 2008, 01:48 PM
And last 3 pics of the handsome Tucker

ancientgirl
June 13th, 2008, 02:13 PM
He's beautiful! I've been meaning to ask, is that kind of leash around the mouth so you can control them better? I see those now and then.

angeldogs
June 13th, 2008, 02:44 PM
It's a halti.we use them with temporary with aggressive or first introducing new dogs with the other dogs if there is issues so we can stop bites.

Tucker has territorial issues with his space or protecting woman.and my instructor is a woman and he has gave warning growls and little nips at the other dogs when they go near my instuctor.and were working on that.he hasn't tried anything with me when i go near her.and gets all excited when i show up.

Crestedcrazy
June 13th, 2008, 02:46 PM
he's beautiful!!! I hope that his training works well for him!

ancientgirl
June 13th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Thanks, I thought that's what they were for, but wasn't sure. That's clever, certainly better than having a muzzle on them and I'm sure it works just as good right?

14+kitties
June 13th, 2008, 03:33 PM
What a beautiful pup!! Who's is he? I love the colouring on him. :cloud9:

angeldogs
June 13th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Thanks, I thought that's what they were for, but wasn't sure. That's clever, certainly better than having a muzzle on them and I'm sure it works just as good right?

We will use muzzles if there is a real chance of a serious fight or a bite if the dog is real dog aggressive.he is listening much better and listening better with verbal correction.so if all goes as good as it has been he won't even have a halti on.

Thanks Crestedcrazy

angeldogs
June 13th, 2008, 03:37 PM
What a beautiful pup!! Who's is he? I love the colouring on him. :cloud9:

His name is Tucker and he is with my instructor at her house for know.he is with a rescue in the Toronto area.and they are trying to find him his forever home.if we can find someone thatwould make a great forever home we are to direct them to the rescue.

14+kitties
June 13th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Aww, he's gorgeous!! Our tenant has two shepards who we have had issues with. The male and his mother went after Sam. By the time they were done Sam needed 150 stitches and had a very bruised chest. Poor girl. Tenant got rid of the mother and then studded out the male and got one of the female pups. :wall: Now we are going through the same thing with them. They like to corner Sam. Haven't got her yet but we keep a close eye on them. Sorry :offtopic: :o
Good luck with the aggression and finding his forever home!!

loopoo
June 13th, 2008, 03:44 PM
he really is beautiful.. :lovestruck: i hope he finds a good forever home soon... scooter is a sweetheart too:lovestruck:

angeldogs
June 13th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Aww, he's gorgeous!! Our tenant has two shepards who we have had issues with. The male and his mother went after Sam. By the time they were done Sam needed 150 stitches and had a very bruised chest. Poor girl. Tenant got rid of the mother and then studded out the male and got one of the female pups. :wall: Now we are going through the same thing with them. They like to corner Sam. Haven't got her yet but we keep a close eye on them. Sorry :offtopic: :o
Good luck with the aggression and finding his forever home!!

That would be very fustrating that they are not doing anything about their dogs aggreesion to other dogs.and thanks for the luck.

Thanks loopoo.

kimnmark
June 13th, 2008, 06:40 PM
He's simply magnificent! My first true love was a GSD and I guess you never really get over your first love.:)

angeldogs
June 14th, 2008, 06:52 AM
He's simply magnificent! My first true love was a GSD and I guess you never really get over your first love.:)

I don't think we really do.

Thanks is magnificent.

chico2
June 14th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Tucker is truly regal looking,I hope everything will work out for him.He has intelligence ooozing out of his eyes,hopefully he'll know what's best for him and learn:fingerscr.
We had a GSD/Chow X,when we lived in Sweden,he too was very protective of his family,but in those days,that was considered ok,as long as he did not bite anyone.
Mona in Hamilton was always our GSD-expert,maybe she'll pop in..

angeldogs
June 14th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Tucker is truly regal looking,I hope everything will work out for him.He has intelligence ooozing out of his eyes,hopefully he'll know what's best for him and learn:fingerscr.
We had a GSD/Chow X,when we lived in Sweden,he too was very protective of his family,but in those days,that was considered ok,as long as he did not bite anyone.
Mona in Hamilton was always our GSD-expert,maybe she'll pop in..

He is doing awsome.even his old owner said his issues were because of her.
he was out with the other dogs yesterday with out the halti and they were all around my instructor and he didn't even react at all.i was soooo happy to see the improvements yesterday and i see him everyday and everday there is improvement.

:offtopic:It's nice to able to post this afternoon.lastnight and this morning if i could get on i couldn't post.stupid internet.

chico2
June 14th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Angeldogs,that's great to hear,he is a truly beautiful dog and deserves a happy life with someone.:thumbs up

Frenchy
June 14th, 2008, 05:28 PM
he was out with the other dogs yesterday with out the halti and they were all around my instructor and he didn't even react at all.

I'm happy to hear this. He's a beautiful dog :lovestruck: and that's what I love about GSD , they are protective of the people they love. :cloud9:

angeldogs
June 14th, 2008, 10:08 PM
I'm happy to hear this. He's a beautiful dog :lovestruck: and that's what I love about GSD , they are protective of the people they love. :cloud9:

Thanks Frenchy.it's even with woman he doesn't know.in the pics the wife was holding the halti to get him to look at me for so i could take a pictures.

Chico.That he does and with any luck he will get that family.

growler~GateKeeper
June 15th, 2008, 02:48 AM
Tucker is very handsome with the lighter tan colouring :goodvibes: on a purfect furever home for him once he's got a handle on his issues :goodvibes:

angeldogs
June 15th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Tucker is very handsome with the lighter tan colouring :goodvibes: on a purfect furever home for him once he's got a handle on his issues :goodvibes:

Thanks Growler.

wdawson
June 15th, 2008, 10:24 AM
tucker is a handsome boy , glad he is overcoming his issues , :fingerscr he finds his forever home soon.

angeldogs
June 15th, 2008, 10:53 PM
tucker is a handsome boy , glad he is overcoming his issues , :fingerscr he finds his forever home soon.

Thanks Wayne.

Love4himies
June 16th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Tucker is a beautiful dog!

I am sorry, I probably missed the post, but are you working with shelter/rescue dogs?

angeldogs
June 16th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Tucker is a beautiful dog!

I am sorry, I probably missed the post, but are you working with shelter/rescue dogs?

Some are rescue dogs.My instuctor is the one that helped me with jag and never asked for any $.one day she asked me if i could help her with a couple of aggressive dogs.just going near them.next thing i'm walking them.and it just went from there.i've been her student since Nov.till i lost my job i was only doing sundays.but these last 2 weeks have been busy.she also rescues and trains the dogs and if someone adopts a dog from her she gives free training.we also do training for our vets other clients.we start today with a rotti thats up for adoption.still in training so i make nothing doing it but love it.the most rewarding is the ones with issues and the aggression.

Love4himies
June 16th, 2008, 08:11 AM
I remember when I first joined this forum, you were having issues with Jag biting guests for no apparent reason. I take it all has been resolved :thumbs up.

angeldogs
June 16th, 2008, 08:19 AM
I remember when I first joined this forum, you were having issues with Jag biting guests for no apparent reason. I take it all has been resolved :thumbs up.

Both vets and my instrutor all agree it was do to being over stressed with my bro and his family and their dog Ben moving out and at the same time our shih tzu going with my mom fulltime for companionship as they love each other.know no issues.i've used Jag with dog aggressive dogs and as they are stressing Jag will lay down and relax and has helped the other dog to calm down.and the people that has meet jag at home or outside the home get kisses.they bend over they tongue in the face.LOL a few from this forum found out at Woofstock.