Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

So sick of stupid owners

bekka_1
June 13th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I live in a small town where everyone basically knows everyone. about 2 months ago i was babysitting my friends son, when i walked him home i found a puppy digging around in a ditch (that was full of mud) obviously looking for some water, when i stooped to pet her this guy (that my family sort of knows) came out of his house and asked if she was mine and i told him that i had never seen her before and he told me to wait a minute and he went back into his house and got a short rope and put it around her neck and told me to take her home with me bc he had seen her running around his yard for about a week (he has two german shorthaired pointers so he couldnt bring her into his house) so i decided to take her home and on my way i went through this parking lot of a resturant that our friends own and they told me that they had seen her and this other dog running around for about a month:eek:. I was disgusted:mad:...she was sooo skinny and dirty... i have had her now for 2 months and i have been checking the papers every week to see if someone is looking for her but what really bugs me is that there are posters around town looking for the other dog that she was running with but not her:mad:... we figure that the other dog was her mother because they look alot alike and in the picture on the poster the dog had very obviously been pregnant... when i found her she had no tags or even a collar and we think that she was abused bc of the way she pees on the floor when ever some one crouches to pet her... i have decided to keep her she gets along great with my other dogs and they absolutly love each other:cloud9:

bekka_1
June 13th, 2008, 11:35 AM
my family says that i am not allowed to go for walks anymore bc that was the first walk i had been on in a while and i bring home a stray dog lol:D

Love4himies
June 13th, 2008, 11:38 AM
:eek: Not only the owners, but those who watched this dog for a month and didn't take it in. Thank goodness you took the initiative to help this guy out.

It is possible these dogs are not related. Have you reported it found at the local shelters, have you checked for a microchip? You never know somebody 50-100KM away could be looking for this dog.

Frenchy
June 13th, 2008, 11:46 AM
I wouldn't even bother to try to find the owners as they may be the ones who dumped her there. And if not the case, they should be the ones looking for her , putting up posters. Not the other way around. :frustrated:

I say if you can afford it , keep her !!!! :thumbs up thanks for rescuing her :dog:

bekka_1
June 13th, 2008, 11:51 AM
we can afford it but our house is turing in to a zoo almost literally right now we have 3 dogs 3 cats some rodents called degus a cockatiel and two fish tanks with several fish lol with that many pets we all take care of a different species lol i have the dogs my sister has the cats my brother takes care of the bird my mom takes care of the fish and the degus are my sisters and mine so its pretty hectic but alot of fun

Love4himies
June 13th, 2008, 11:56 AM
we can afford it but our house is turing in to a zoo almost literally right now we have 3 dogs 3 cats some rodents called degus a cockatiel and two fish tanks with several fish lol with that many pets we all take care of a different species lol i have the dogs my sister has the cats my brother takes care of the bird my mom takes care of the fish and the degus are my sisters and mine so its pretty hectic but alot of fun

:eek: Where are the family pics???:D

bekka_1
June 13th, 2008, 12:02 PM
there are too many and our house is too big to get them all together for any family pictures lol

Love4himies
June 13th, 2008, 12:26 PM
there are too many and our house is too big to get them all together for any family pictures lol

That's OK, we take pictures anyway we can get them :D

angeldogs
June 13th, 2008, 12:59 PM
That is great that you stopped to check on the pup.and ended up taking home and are keeping her.
And as L4H said we will take pictures anyway we can get them:thumbs up

ancientgirl
June 13th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Poor little pup. He was very lucky you found him that night. I agree with Frenchy, if someone's lost this dog they should be the ones going nuts looking for him, not the other way around. You are doing your part by taking him in and giving him a home. If you haven't seen anything about him after 2 months, I gather if he did belong to someone, they didn't want him back since they haven't made any effort to locate him.