Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hiya : )

smileah
June 12th, 2008, 06:01 AM
Hello there,
I am a Canadian who has lived in Thailand for the past 3 years. We are FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! relocating back to Canada in September.
Of course, our three dogs and cat will be coming with us. There is no way I could leave them - especially in Thailand! All but one are rescues. They are the light of our lives! :candle:
I am freaking out about getting them to Canada - I hate flying as it is - never mind having to put them through the loooooooong journey.
Hiring a pet carrier company is too expensive for us (we were quoted 12,000 dollars), and so we are taking on this daunting task for which I am already breaking out into hives, and loosing sleep.
I have joined this forum so that I can find others who have had to fly with their pets in order to discern the right airline, how to prepare my babies and as a way to calm my nerves a bit.
Also, I will love being a part of this forum once we are finally back, and I can chat with ya'll about less stressful pet situations!
I am big on animal rescue, and my hubby and I have spent lots of time and money here in Thailand helping the many suffering starys...gosh, if only there were more people like you on this forum here in Thailand.
There is an amazing rescue group called SCAD. I hope to raise awareness when I'm back in Canada, and perhaps put some pressure on the Thai government to do something about the awful state of things in Thailand's doggy world.
OK then! Sorry for blabbering! So nice to be surrounded by animal lovers.
Can't wait to give and get advice and information.
Canada, here we cooooooome! :ca:

aslan
June 12th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Welcome to the forum, yup some really cool and knowledgeable people here. Be patient i know there are a couple people here who have flown there pets.

Kaylers
June 12th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Welcome! I just joined today as well. :)

phoozles
June 12th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Hey there!

A friend of mine lived in Thailand (Chaing Mai) for a year, so I went to visit her for a few weeks. Beautiful country - but yep, a SUPER long plane ride. 26 hours, give or take, will be a long journey for your little critters!

Anyway, welcome, and we love pictures, so get posting so we can see your critters! :thumbs up

angeldogs
June 12th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Welcome to the board and i 2nd the pics of your babies

14+kitties
June 12th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Welcome to the forum!
I can't help you with the flying your pets home but I know there are one or two that will be able to. Just wanted to say thank you very much for the work you do for the strays. You are their :angel:. I hope you are leaving someone behind who will continue your good work.

hazelrunpack
June 13th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Welcome, smileah! I hope someone with some flying experience sees your thread soon! :fingerscr hazel doesn't fly :sorry:

:goodvibes: for a safe and effortless trip home for you and the furbabies!