Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The Calm Before the Storm

luckypenny
June 11th, 2008, 10:00 PM
The air was so thick yesterday, I was surprised that the dogs wanted to go outside at all. They refused to go to the bottom of the steps though, but laid allertly by the patio doors instead until the storm hit.

1. Keeping watch
2. Neighbor's tree down
3. "Hey Mom, where did this come from?"

hazelrunpack
June 11th, 2008, 10:18 PM
What a shame about the tree!

How did the Trio do during the storm? :dog:

luckypenny
June 11th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Penny ran straight to her crate knowing that storm = huge beef rib :laughing: . Lucky went in reluctantly but took Penny's cue and settled with his bone within a minute. Ava was not so good with it unfortunately. She trembled, drooled a lake and peed :sad: . Hoping to avoid full panic mode, I asked her to go to her crate, threw a blanket over it, and turned on the transister radio for her. She didn't cry or anything, just couldn't settle with her bone so I tried to act like everything was normal as usual. Thankfully, the worst of it was over within 30 minutes or so. When it started to lighten up a bit outside, she finally attacked her bone like nothing had happened :shrug: .

rainbow
June 12th, 2008, 12:49 AM
I'm so lucky that neither of my dogs are afraid of thunder but we haven't had a storm as bad as what you got.

Did your neighbour's tree do any damage to your fence?

growler~GateKeeper
June 12th, 2008, 02:43 AM
I'll bet Penny enjoyed munching on some of the tree's branches too :rolleyes: :laughing:

ancientgirl
June 12th, 2008, 08:27 AM
At least you only had Ava to worry about and Lucky and Penny settled in well. Maybe with time Ava will learn to deal with it better.

Frenchy
June 12th, 2008, 12:08 PM
LP , I thought you took pictures of the storm .... is the fence ok now ?

pitgrrl
June 12th, 2008, 12:26 PM
They're too cute all laying around together. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
June 12th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Penny ran straight to her crate knowing that storm = huge beef rib :laughing: . Lucky went in reluctantly but took Penny's cue and settled with his bone within a minute. Ava was not so good with it unfortunately. She trembled, drooled a lake and peed :sad: . Hoping to avoid full panic mode, I asked her to go to her crate, threw a blanket over it, and turned on the transister radio for her. She didn't cry or anything, just couldn't settle with her bone so I tried to act like everything was normal as usual. Thankfully, the worst of it was over within 30 minutes or so. When it started to lighten up a bit outside, she finally attacked her bone like nothing had happened :shrug: .

Aw, poor Ava! :grouphug: Cass and Grace send their sympathies! :dog: :dog: They hates storms, too!

Good on Penny and Lucky, though! Ribs!! Yum! :D

Frenchy
June 13th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Just a note ... LP is not being snob by not coming back to this thread :D but her computer crashed :yell:

TeriM
June 17th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Tell her that when she finally gets over her snobbery that the new price of admission is more pictures :D.

I love the group shots :cloud9:.

luckypenny
June 19th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Did your neighbour's tree do any damage to your fence?

Yep, but he had it all repaired rather quickly :thumbs up . I think it's cuz he didn't want our dogs digging up his perfectly manicured lawn :laughing: .

I'll bet Penny enjoyed munching on some of the tree's branches too :rolleyes: :laughing:

You've got her all figured out lol. She got most of the branches trimmed off the tree and made everyone's work all that much easier :rolleyes: .

At least you only had Ava to worry about and Lucky and Penny settled in well. Maybe with time Ava will learn to deal with it better.

It's been almost 2 years for Lucky to have calmed somewhat during storms (as long as we're not caught in one while outdoors) so I don't think it'll take Ava long either. We've only experienced 2 thunderstorms with her so far so haven't really had the opportunity to work through them with her. If Lucky is getting better, then I have no doubts that Ava will soon too :fingerscr .

Tell her that when she finally gets over her snobbery that the new price of admission is more pictures :D.

:p

:laughing:

When I can figure out where I last left the friggen camera :frustrated:, I'll post more pics of them :D. Btw, haven't seen any of Lucy and Riley in a while either :rolleyes: .