Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Chinook and Mimi

Bluedrake
June 11th, 2008, 10:05 AM
I am witnessing a very peculiar event right now. Chinook never warmed up to Erin, who is a very energetic little kitty, but right now she is lying in my room, staring at Mimi, who is under the bed, and not one sound from either of them.

I sneaked a peak at Mimi, and she is making half-lidded eyes at Chinook, which I think is a sign of non-agression among cats. Right? :confused:

Chinook never tried intimidation tactics against Erin (never ambushed her in the litterbox, didn't steal her food, etc.), except when the latter was jumping all over her. :D So I don't think Chinook is trying to bully Mimi.

Mimi is a very affectionate cat, and I expected her to make fast friends with fun-loving Erin, but right now it looks like she and Chinook might become good buddies too.

Chinook also alternates between looking at Mimi and glancing away, with half-lidded eyes too. They are within 3 or 4 feet of each other.

I find it rather encouraging... Unless I am reading this wrong?:eek:

sugarcatmom
June 11th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Sounds like great progress! I think they'll be fast friends in no time.

kimnmark
June 11th, 2008, 10:58 AM
I think it definitely sounds like they are on the road to friendship! What fabulous news.:)

hazelrunpack
June 11th, 2008, 03:33 PM
I know nada about cat behavior, but it certainly sounds promising! :D Maybe Mimi, acting as mutual friend, will even forge a connection between Erin and Chinook! :cat:

rainbow
June 12th, 2008, 03:48 AM
I find it rather encouraging... Unless I am reading this wrong?:eek:

I don't think you're reading it wrong at all.......they will all be best buddies soon. :thumbs up :goodvibes: