Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My new doll

kimnmark
June 11th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Well after much searching we finally found a little senior dog to adopt.
Here's our 'new' gal, a spritely 10 yr old Pom mix, on her way home from her vet visit yesterday.

Poor thing, we picked her up Saturday and by Sunday night we had to bring her to the vet's. She ended up having to stay overnight as her KC had turned into pneumonia :sad: It broke my heart to leave her. SHe had already been in 2 different shelters after her previous owner died. I think she thought she was being abandoned again :sad:

Yesterday she was doing well enough to come home. We'll be back at the vet's Thursday for a follow up. For now she has stolen all our hearts.

Love4himies
June 11th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Oh what a little sweetie. How kind of you to rescue a senior dog.:angel2:

ancientgirl
June 11th, 2008, 08:25 AM
What a lovely girl. Her eyes are so expressive. Poor little thing has been through so much. It's so wonderful for you to give her a home.

I hope she gets better soon. Please post some pictures of her when she's all settled in.

hazelrunpack
June 11th, 2008, 08:42 AM
What a cutie! :flirt: If it weren't for the gray muzzle and the oh-so-wise eyes, she'd look like a pup!

You're an :angel: for taking the little darling on. I hope she's totally recovered soon! :goodvibes:

14+kitties
June 11th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Are you sure she's a senior? She looks like a puppy!!! What a doll. I can see why she stole your heart. :cloud9:

becmonchu
June 11th, 2008, 09:18 AM
What is she mixed with? She does look like a puppy!!!

kimnmark
June 11th, 2008, 10:24 AM
What is she mixed with? She does look like a puppy!!!

I haven't a clue what she is mixed with. But she is definitely big for a Pom (12 lbs) and her feet & ears are huge. Her coat has been shaved so it's hard to tell what her coat will be like when ( & if) it grows back to see if that will give us a clue.

I have heard that puppy mills will mix in a slightly larger breed with their poms so the litters are bigger. :sad: Poms often require vet assisted births (cesarians) so I guess mixing in a larger dog might eliminate this need as well.:mad:

I think she is just perfectly wonderful as she is!

cpietra16
June 11th, 2008, 01:30 PM
What a beautiful face...:cloud9::lovestruck:

Frenchy
June 11th, 2008, 01:38 PM
I have heard that puppy mills will mix in a slightly larger breed

Wouldn't surprise me , they are also trying to make great danes smaller :wall:

Vive le Québec :mad:

She is too cute! Congratulation and thank you so much for adopting an older rescue , she must be so happy to be back in a family and not in a shelter where she would have been put down. :sad:

phoozles
June 11th, 2008, 02:46 PM
She is absolutely adorable :lovestruck:
Can't wait to see more pics of this little old soul.. :cloud9:

rainbow
June 12th, 2008, 02:45 AM
What a sweetheart she is :lovestruck: and thank you for adopting a senior. :angel: :thumbs up

krdahmer
June 12th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Aw she's adorable... and those eyes!:lovestruck: I hope she has many many more happy years with you!

Lukka'sma
June 12th, 2008, 12:58 PM
She is so cute. How wonderful that you have found her and given her a real home:)

jealma
June 12th, 2008, 01:18 PM
How wonderful. I think how sad it must be for pets when owners pass on and there is no one to take them. You have given this little one a good home and I"m sure the last owner will be more at rest since this little one is cared for. How I would be so thankful if this was my pet ,, You are a saint