Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost black and white cat Vaudreuil - updated

sandytofts
June 10th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Lost Black and White Cat

Vaudreuil (St-Charles and Quimet area)

We have lost our beloved “Downy” Sunday 25-May-2008. He is around 10 mths old, black and white (white face with black ears) and has extra claws. He is microchipped and can be scanned at any Veterinarian or rescue organization. He is really sweet. We miss him and are frantically looking for him .

If you have seen him please call 450-510-1534, 514-333-0033 ext 54704 or email sandy.tofts@sympatico.ca

Please view his picture at:

http://imagebucket.info/images/esdxzin044cndgecbq.jpg

Thank you kindly

Sandy

Love4himies
June 11th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Oh what a cutie pie :lovestruck:.

Have you tried looking for him at night when it is quiet?

Good luck and keep us posted!

sandytofts
June 11th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Hi, I've tried about everything.
I used to go out every morning at about 4:00 am but now it has been over 2 weeks so I have pretty well stopped. I still leave my back door open so that his 3 brothers will possibly alert him - and they really look at night. And I too was putting out food but think everything else was eating it. I also put out used kitty litter and a blanket when he first went missing. I walk my dogs around and drive around now in hopes. Since cats normally go out people may not be too observant - what I hope for is that someone will notice that he resembles a photo. He is in the local papers, stores and mail boxes. Actually there are now 2 of us looking for black and white cats in the area - giving more exposure - people may pick up any black and white cat in hopes of helping us.
I will continue to walk around and look. I have a black cat (who adopted us...) who seems to draw cats to her so every time I see a cat I want to bring them in these days thinking maybe they are lost - most won't let me get too close, but I am aware of a few cats missing in the area because of my own searches for Downy.
Downy was the leader of the pack and was not afraid of anything. When I first took them in as fosters (5 boys) I thought they were feral. There is a part of me that think he just want to be out there. Good thing he has his shots.

I am hoping to get a picture up too. Something went wrong when I tried to add it. But if you just punch in "lost cat vaudreuil" he is getting famous..

Thank you kindly
Sandy

Love4himies
June 11th, 2008, 09:46 AM
I wish you luck in your search. :fingerscr

badger
June 11th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Did you see those internet sites for lost pets that I put on the other thread? Post his picture everywhere you can.

kimnmark
June 11th, 2008, 11:04 AM
What a darling!
:fingerscr:pray: That he gets back home soon.

sandytofts
June 11th, 2008, 11:36 AM
My cat is just about famous here in Vaudreuil. He is on many sites, pet food places, Vets, Rescue sites, and City websites. I am still hoping.

When he was a baby he was so ugly he was pathetically cute - especially with those big feet of his.

NoahGrey
June 12th, 2008, 10:21 AM
I would leave out Tuna or Salmon. Also leave out something that has your smell on it. keep in touch with SPCAs, I would call them and fill out a lost report. Bring in a picture with you. You can also call the roads depart and see if any cat was hit by a car was picked up.

keep us posted.

ACO22

sandytofts
June 12th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Thank you very much for your reply. I was leaving out tuna and his blanket and even used kitty litter. I had to replace this several times due to rain. I think that the food thing just brings out the other animals - including skunks and other strays may scare him off. All the vets in the area are aware that I am looking for him - and, most importantly, he is microchipped and all the Vets and shelters I spoke to have the scanners so he is readily identifiable. Just did not have a collar. All his brother now have on their collers. Thing is, people generally do not suspect cats as being lost when they are loose. Dogs are pretty automatic. So his face is splashed about to try and have people notice him.

Thank you for your advice

Sandy

sandytofts
June 13th, 2008, 08:22 PM
GOOD NEWS - I've got Downy back!!!. He has been with an elderly couple in Dorion, near the Tim Horton on the 20, for the past couple of weeks. Apparently they saw a van stop and put a cat out of the vehicle and then leave. Downy ran and they went to see if he was okay but he ran. The next day they went out to look for him again and he was there under their neighbors balcony and came out all affectionate so they took him in. It was actually their daughter that saw Downy's picture in the Your Local Journal paper and called right away. My son was at home and went right away on his bike and in the meantime Linda (the couple's daughter) called me at work. I tell you I sat by the phone and waited and cried like a baby and took off when my son told me it was him. They took good care of him. I sat with them for almost an hour then brought Downy home. He was a little freaked out but his brothers, and my Basset hound (their surrogate Mom) were licking him like nuts. Anyway everyone is happy now and settling in.
I will continue to look for Willy as he is just a couple of blocks away. There is lots of hope. I've heard many stories over the past 3 weeks. One woman had her cat returned after 9 mths!! A student had her and when she finished school, she gave her back.

Thank you very much everyone for your help.

14+kitties
June 13th, 2008, 08:35 PM
What a wonderful ending to your story!! Makes you realize there are still great people out there willing to help. I am so glad that beauty is back home where he belongs!

BusterBoo
June 13th, 2008, 08:40 PM
:thumbs up so glad you found your kitty and that there are still good people out there who will look after the little lost ones until they have found their way home!

:angel2:

sophistikitten
June 13th, 2008, 08:46 PM
I'm happy to hear such good news! :)

t.pettet
June 13th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Yeah!:) Great news.

the gang
June 13th, 2008, 11:07 PM
wounderful news im in vaudreuil dorion --- can be a busy place glad you have your little one back!!!!