Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Some pictures of Czarina

ancientgirl
June 9th, 2008, 06:56 PM
There isn't much action here, but you can get a good look at her here, well of her face at least.:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four%203/033.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four%203/034.jpg

That's Vlad back there. You can see her set up. The litter box in the corner, still unused. Her carrier, in case she needs more room. Some food and water and of course, the screen.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four%203/035-1.jpg

ancientgirl
June 9th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Popping her head out for a look.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four%203/036.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four%203/037.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four%203/038-2.jpg

Since I wasn't able to have the vet give her a full exam this past Saturday, I'm taking her in this coming Saturday. I had her tested for FIV in December and she was clear, but she's been outside for several months, and I want to make sure she's okay. I also want them to have a look at her left eye, since I've noticed she sometimes has it shut and it looks like it may be irritated. I also think she looks a bit thinner than the last time I had her here so that's another reason I want her checked out. She had a few kibbles earlier but no water that I've seen. I'm going to try giving her canned again tomorrow morning and wet it down a little more. Hopefully at least if she eats some of that, she'll have some moisture.

duttypaws
June 9th, 2008, 07:00 PM
she's a babe and Im sure you will get that light back into her eyes soon... your an :angel2:

Winston
June 9th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Ancientgirl she is just as beautiful as she was before!! I love her face..listen try getting whatever the wet food is and add some water to it...this seemed to help with tabitha when she was trying different foods..Do you think she has pee'd in the tent? Love the set up! looks quite comfy for her..has she been out of her tent yet? I remember when you had her in before she was really loving that tent..probably a little safety spot for her!

CIndy

14+kitties
June 9th, 2008, 07:36 PM
I would think Czarina is doing some exploring either at night or when you are at work and things are quiet. It seems a long time for her to be in the pyramid. If by tomorrow she hasn't used the litter box I would be calling the vet for some advise. That is too long with no fluids.
The poor baby just does not understand that you are trying to help!! Beautiful girl!!:cloud9:

ancientgirl
June 9th, 2008, 07:43 PM
She really does have a beautiful face, and her coloring is just lovely.

Winston, she hasn't peed in her pyramid. I was in there for about half an hour just before I came back here, and I felt inside. It's dry, and it smells like her. They used some really lovely smelling shampoo at the vet because she smells very nice. She had a little more to eat, then laid on my lap for a while. I think that pyramid is absolutely her little safety spot. She feels very safe in there.

She may very well come out at night and walk around. Hopefully tonight she'll use the litter. I'll call the vet tomorrow and let them know she's not used it since Saturday when I picked her up. I should have asked if she used it while she was there, but I didn't think she'd be on a pee strike all this time.

Vlad is over in front of the screen right now but I know she's in her pyramid. I'm going to have to find her another one, since that one has hair all over it.

14+kitties
June 9th, 2008, 09:02 PM
If you got her another one she probably wouldn't use it. She loves her old one. It's her safety net. I think you just need to use one of the rolly tape things on it to remove hair and let it be. At least for now until she is more settled. JMO

rainbow
June 10th, 2008, 12:36 AM
She sure is pretty. :lovestruck: You can tell her left eye isn't open quite the same as her right eye. It doesn't look very serious but it's best to get the vet to have a look. :fingerscr

Love4himies
June 10th, 2008, 06:57 AM
I bet Czarina is exploring at night when everyone is sleeping and she thinks nobody is looking .;)

Does Vlad keep watch over her often? He is such a sweetie.

Her left eye does look slightly irritated, not seriously, but should be looked at.

ancientgirl
June 10th, 2008, 07:57 AM
I'll get some duct tape and get some of the hair off with that. She really does love her little pyramid.

Vlad often goes and sits outside to try and observe what's going on in the kitchen. He's put his paws in a few times and hisses a few times. I'm hoping a couple of more weeks of keeping them apart and then I can start letting her out for a few short periods at night.

I was going to try and clean her eye with some saline, but she gave me some trouble this morning with her medication, and I didn't want to keep bothering her, so I just let her be. I think I'll let the vet sort it out. Maybe later I can try to clean it, but if she tries to struggle to get away I'll leave her alone. She's going through a lot so I don't want to put any more undue stress on her.

FancyAppy
June 10th, 2008, 09:30 AM
The tent is great. Her own little haven. Bless you for taking care of her...she is such a sweetheart. I enjoyed reading your comments about her. I am looking forward to more reports on her progress....and more pics!

kimnmark
June 10th, 2008, 09:37 AM
She looks nice & cosy in her little pyramid. No litter box since Saturday :eek:

ancientgirl
June 10th, 2008, 09:51 AM
She looks nice & cosy in her little pyramid. No litter box since Saturday :eek:

She did finally pee yesterday, so that was a relief. Now I just have to make sure she poos.

Fancy, she absolutely loves that little pyramid. It's actually the least expensive of their beds too and it's wonderful. I want to get one for the others, Maks really liked it when it was out in the living room. But since Czarina loved it so much, I let her have it, it keeps her feeling safe.

phoozles
June 10th, 2008, 02:33 PM
There's that little lady :lovestruck:
Great news on the pee :thumbs up
Hopefully the house will settle down soon. :fingerscr

ancientgirl
June 10th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Hopefully when I get home I'll see she's pooed, :laughing: then I can stop worrying about her bowel movements. :D

It's a challenge getting the others fed in the morning. I already dropped a bowel of food at the screen door, because I have to maneuver my way out so that none of the others try to get past me. I'll have to figure something easier out. But like I said in an earlier post, at least I can cook in the kitchen now without having 4 cats walking on the counter trying to see what I'm doing.

I'm hoping after a few more days she'll be more comfortable about walking around. Then maybe they can all at least see each other better. THEN maybe another week or two and I can start letting her out in short intervals. Thursday will be one week I've been giving her the meds, so hopefully she will soon be more accepting of the other cats without being aggressive towards them.

I'm hoping my gang will follow suit. Last time they were pretty open to her being around. I'm crossing my fingers it will be the same this time around.

Masha
June 10th, 2008, 05:07 PM
What a beautiful girl!! Good luck with incorporating her into your kitty household :fingerscr:goodvibes:

Masha
June 10th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Got a question for you -- how come you gave all your kittys russian names? I was sure you had a russian background until i read one of the other posts were you were dueling Frenchy for Dr. Lee :laughing: and said that you are a latin girl.

Love the names btw (nothing to do with my russian background of course :rolleyes: )

otter
June 10th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Such a beauty that girl is :thumbs up:lovestruck:

Here's keeping our :fingerscr:fingerscr for a poop today!

ancientgirl
June 10th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Got a question for you -- how come you gave all your kittys russian names? I was sure you had a russian background until i read one of the other posts were you were dueling Frenchy for Dr. Lee :laughing: and said that you are a latin girl.

Love the names btw (nothing to do with my russian background of course :rolleyes: )

I have a fascination with Russian history. I've always loved the name Vladimir, and always figured, if I had kids I'd name one of them that. But since that's not happening, I decided to name my first kitty Vladimir ( I also named him after Vlad the Impaler), then another name I've always loved is Oksana, so when I got her that became her name. A few months later, I found two more kitties. I figured, I may as well keep the theme, so I named Maks, Maksimilian (another name I love and gave him the Russian spelling). I almost named Oksana Kiska, so I used that for Kiska. And when I decided to adopt my new girl, Czarina was the first name that popped into my head :D

It's funny, when my dad named me, he thought my name was Russian and thought my name sounded excotic! My real name is Nuria. So as you can see, the fascination runs in the family:laughing:

Otter, no poop yet. She's eating, but not a whole lot. I'm crossing my fingers she'll do something soon. She's got to poop at some point:frustrated:

Smiley14
June 10th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Oh, I love her coloring! And that pyramid is awesome!!! :) Good luck at the vet appointment on Sat!!! :fingerscr

ancientgirl
June 10th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Oh, I love her coloring! And that pyramid is awesome!!! :) Good luck at the vet appointment on Sat!!! :fingerscr

Thanks! I'm hoping she'll get another good report.

She's got this sort of yellow/brown color I just love! And can you believe that pyramid bed cost me $7.00! That was a great investment.

krdahmer
June 12th, 2008, 01:07 PM
She looks pretty cozy there! And she looks curious in those last 3, thats great! The more curious she gets the better! Cause once she really checks your place out and all you guys too.... she'll never want to leave!

The set up looks perfect, but is the pyramid out in the middle of the floor like that? I would maybe try it against a wall in a few days, moving it away from the food and litter so she has to get a little more adventurous and go further from the bed. When she sees nothing happens when she does that, well that will be a big step in her being more comfortable in your place.:thumbs up

7$?? good deal, I stocked up on them too when petsmart had all trees and beds on clearance... my pyramid is green though and no one here likes it!:rolleyes:

ancientgirl
June 12th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I would maybe try it against a wall in a few days, moving it away from the food and litter so she has to get a little more adventurous and go further from the bed. When she sees nothing happens when she does that, well that will be a big step in her being more comfortable in your place.:thumbs up

That's a good idea. I can put it closer to the fridge and then she HAS to get out of it. I've been putting the food in front of her, just to get her to eat, but if she doesn't get out and explore she'll never get used to anything.

7$?? good deal, I stocked up on them too when petsmart had all trees and beds on clearance... my pyramid is green though and no one here likes it!:rolleyes:

When I first got that bed, Vlad and Oksana were still very tiny. Vlad used it sparingly, and only really was interested in it when he'd see Oksana try to get in it. Then they left it alone for several months. Maks and Kiska came into the picture and Maks took an immediate liking to it. Then when I brought Czarina inside she loved it. I know Maks liked it, but I gave it to Czarina, since she'd probably not known anything that comfy ever and Maks had his pick of comfy beds and places to sleep. And it made her feel secure, so when she got away from me and I took the carrier downstairs to Miguel I left the bed in there for her. I'd like to try and find another one at a good price, just so I can switch the one she's got and wash it, but still leave her something she'll feel comfy in.