-->

The Netherlands to lift 15-year ban on owning, breeding pit bulls

Dingo
June 9th, 2008, 06:22 PM
http://www.mytelus.com/ncp_news/article.en.do?pn=world&articleID=2936062

marko
June 9th, 2008, 06:45 PM
I think that is a very smart and progressive move:highfive:

Any dog can be aggressive when they are poorly treated and pit bulls are just the fad of the decade. It's really quite silly and totally brought on through unfair media broadcasts IMO. When was the last time ANY other dog breed killed someone and it made the news. These days only the RARE death by a pit bull makes the news.

Remember not too long ago Dobermans were thought to be the most vicious dogs on earth, Rotties and even German Shepherds have all had their turns.

It's nice that the Dutch have proven that in their county dog bites did NOT go down by banning pitties.

It's almost always about the OWNER and how they treat the dog. Pitties rock.
:2cents:

ancientgirl
June 9th, 2008, 06:57 PM
That's fantastic! Let's hope that's a trend. Pit Bulls have been banned here in Miami I believe since the late 80's. :frustrated:

rainbow
June 10th, 2008, 04:21 AM
That is great news :thumbs up ....I hope it has a domino effect around the world. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

LavenderRott
June 10th, 2008, 06:45 AM
I certainly hope that only responsible owners import dogs. Since this ban has been in place for 15 years - importing is going to be the only way that one will be able to get one.

I sure wish I could see the statistics (if there are accurate statistics) that led to this repeal. Certainly would help those of us here trying to fight bans.

kimnmark
June 10th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Wow that really is awesome news! Let's hope other governments examine the results of this study as well. Banning pitties is simply racism pure & simple.

Dingo
June 10th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Wow that really is awesome news! Let's hope other governments examine the results of this study as well. Banning pitties is simply racism pure & simple.

No.... it isn't.

kimnmark
June 10th, 2008, 11:19 AM
No.... it isn't.

To clarify, I was using the term in the sense that it is a discrimination based on breed