Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

More Tiny Tim for Chris

14+kitties
June 9th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Here is my special little boy. He is just the most precious thing going. I have been doing some research because of some issues he has and I really think he may have a form of dwarfism. Short legs, whiskers not developed, slightly bowlegged. I will be taking him to the vet to have a thorough examination. I want to see what he thinks.

14+kitties
June 9th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Playing with his favourite toy - a boot string. He drags that thing all over the house!
The last one shows the big difference between him and Sparta. They are only 2 days apart in age.

jiorji
June 9th, 2008, 05:41 PM
awwww :cloud9: teeny teeny baby :cloud9:

diandpat
June 9th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Oh My Lord, he really is tiny. That picture of him and Sparta is really something. :cloud9:

Can't imagine it would be any big deal if he is a dwarf kitten as long as everything he needs inside developed enough to sustain him, right? Hope so. He really is irresistible.

It will be interesting to find out what the Vet says.

14+kitties
June 9th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Oh My Lord, he really is tiny. That picture of him and Sparta is really something. :cloud9:

Can't imagine it would be any big deal if he is a dwarf kitten as long as everything he needs inside developed enough to sustain him, right? Hope so. He really is irresistible.

It will be interesting to find out what the Vet says.

From everything I have been reading dwarf kittens can live to be the same age as a "normal" kitten. Let's hope that is the case with him. He seems perfect in every way. Just super tiny.
I have been wondering since I first saw him what could be "wrong" with him because he was so much tinier than his siblings. They are much closer to their cousins in size. I worried like crazy when he had diarrhea a while back because he is so tiny. I wondered if he could fight back.
Wow! You should see him now! He boots up stairs like they aren't there, he is all over the kitchen dragging his bootstring behind him :cloud9:, He climbs the baby gate like it's not an obstacle, he's just basically he** on wheels!! But when he is napping his favourite place is still right next to my heart. I wouldn't have it any other way!
Supposedly you can make a lot of money breeding Dwarf kittens. I WILL NOT be doing that!!

jiorji - This is the one I am keeping!! :cloud9: He is all of 9 weeks old as of yesterday.

ancientgirl
June 9th, 2008, 06:51 PM
I was going to say he doesn't look that small anymore, but then when I saw him next to Sparta, what a difference.

I've seen the "munchkin" cats, and it's sad to see people have bred them to be like that. Their legs are sooooo short.

I think as long as TT is healthy he shouldn't have a problem living a normal life.

14+kitties
June 9th, 2008, 08:58 PM
From what I have observed he is very healthy! He eats more than his share so he may get bigger yet. He has grown, just not as much as his siblings.

Frenchy
June 9th, 2008, 09:40 PM
arrrggg , I missed this thread ! :sorry:

Boy oh boy , he really is tiny :lovestruck: and oh so cute ! :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
June 9th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Wow that really shows how teeny Tim really is :cloud9: so cute :lovestruck:

I would take that pic with you or take one of his siblings along to the vet so they can really see size difference. :2cents:

KimandAutumn
June 9th, 2008, 11:19 PM
I love your stripey little body. So cute. :lovestruck:

rainbow
June 10th, 2008, 12:11 AM
WOW....I never realized just how small he was until you posted the pic with Sparta. :eek: He is just so darn cute regardless of his size. :cloud9:

14+kitties
June 10th, 2008, 06:23 AM
Wow that really shows how teeny Tim really is :cloud9: so cute :lovestruck:

I would take that pic with you or take one of his siblings along to the vet so they can really see size difference. :2cents:

All 6 of them go back to see the vet in less than 2 weeks for the rest of their worming. When I took them in before I took 3 in and was concerned more about the diarrhea. This time I will talk to him about Timmy's size.
Like I said, he seems to be fine in every way except for size. I watch him like a hawk. So does my big gruff hubby. :rolleyes:
:cloud9:

14+kitties
June 10th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Bumping back up for Chris. She said she wanted to see them. :)

otter
June 10th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Oh, I missed this too. What a cutie!!:lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck:
That pic with him crying, I just want to reach out and give him a hug, awwww:grouphug:

14+kitties
June 10th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Thanks Otter. He was ticked cause I disturbed his sleep to take another darned picture! :rolleyes: Believe me, that little man gets more hugs than he wants!! He is so independent he just wants to run. He even comes running to meet me at the door when I come in. :cloud9:

Love4himies
June 11th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Tiny Tim is so precious :cloud9::lovestruck:. I didn't realize how much smaller he is compared to the others.

14+kitties
June 11th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Thanks L4H! He is pretty teeny. :cloud9:
Where are you hiding your precious little ones? We need an update on them!!!! please

loopoo
June 11th, 2008, 02:20 PM
he is just a sweetheart :lovestruck: hope all goes well at the vet with him:)

phoozles
June 11th, 2008, 03:42 PM
He really is teeny - I think he's smaller than my new recruits, and they're only about 5 weeks :eek:
But he also looks completely irresistable :cloud9:

14+kitties
June 11th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Phoozles - at 5 weeks I could hold him in my palm and close my fingers around him comfortably and my hand isn't that big. He was half the size of his siblings. He is growing but I don't think he will ever be big. That's ok, he's easy to cuddle this way. :cloud9:
And you are right, he is irresistable. :lovestruck:

chico2
June 11th, 2008, 04:30 PM
OMG 14+what an adorable little guy,Sparta is beautiful too though:lovestruck:
I am sure Tiny will be ok,especially since he's staying with you and hubby,I sooo miss having a kitten around,my"kitten"is now 6 yrs old and 18lb's:yell:but lots to love.

14+kitties
June 11th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Chico - couldn't agree more. Sparta is gorgeous! So is PC and Mittens and Chip and Dale and Meowzer and Spazzy and.......... you get the pic. I think all kitties and puppers are gorgeous!
You are welcome any time to come and spoil some of my kitties before they get too big. :D Although at $1.35 for gas :frustrated: I doubt anyone is going too far.

kimnmark
June 11th, 2008, 07:10 PM
What a dear little heart. He is just the sweetest little thing.:lovestruck:

chico2
June 12th, 2008, 06:24 AM
14+,yeah,you're right,the gas-prices makes us think twice about any long-distance trips:yell:
But what can you do???
I talked to a child-hood friend of mine in Sweden,she's laughing at us,she pays$2.50-$3.00/liter,but they are used to it,sorry,:offtopic:

Chris21711
June 12th, 2008, 09:43 AM
I'll just pop TT in my pockethttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/4fvfcja.gif

angeldogs
June 12th, 2008, 10:26 AM
I'll just pop TT in my pockethttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/4fvfcja.gif

That work no problem with that tiny kitty.

He might be tiny but is big in the cuteness

krdahmer
June 12th, 2008, 12:57 PM
:lovestruck::cloud9: