Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Poor dog

Love4himies
June 9th, 2008, 08:17 AM
On my way to work this morning I found and picked up what looks to be a senior Old English Sheepdog or a mix, very long fur, grey and white. Poor thing was walking along the highway, exhausted, may be blind in one eye, not sure, the other eye was watering very badly. Looks like he/she was never brushed.

When I stopped the car, he/she walked over my DH got out of the car, left his door open, dog tried to get in. DH had to lift his back legs to get him in. Looks like he/she was in pain poor soul :cry::sad:

Took him to the Kingston Humane Society, had to find somebody to help me get him out of the car, he wouldn't move, lied down on the back seat and was willing to stay there.

I hope I did the right thing, I hope they don't put him down, but he is in such bad shape :sad:. I didn't know what else to do. :sad::cry:

Lise
June 9th, 2008, 08:34 AM
You saved him from being hit by a car,starving,shot or any number of other horrible things.In a perfect world he would not have been there,you made the kindest decision possible and did him a big favour.

Love4himies
June 9th, 2008, 08:39 AM
He was the gentlest dog, but am so worried that they are just going to put him down. But that may be more humane than to return him to his owners. Ideally he/she should be cleaned up, and fostered. I would do it, but I have two cats that are afraid of dogs.

Love4himies
June 9th, 2008, 08:40 AM
This dog reminds me of a "senior" version of Happycat's Buddy. So sweet.

kimnmark
June 9th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Well thank goodness you picked him up and saved him. Along the highway, so dangerous. Poor thing he was probably scared out of his wits. I hope he'll find his way into the home he deserves.

Love4himies
June 9th, 2008, 09:19 AM
I phoned the Gananoque Humane Society, which is a no kill shelter and the one I volunteer for, they gave me some names of rescues in the area so I am going to contact them.

angeldogs
June 9th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Poor dog it's a good thing for him you and hubby came along.you did the right thing he is off the hwy and in out of the heat and getting some food.

hazelrunpack
June 9th, 2008, 09:37 AM
I hope you find a rescue to help him out, L4H. He sounds like he's a real honey! :goodvibes:

Love4himies
June 9th, 2008, 09:39 AM
I hope you find a rescue to help him out, L4H. He sounds like he's a real honey! :goodvibes:

He is hazel, he just reminds me of the gentlest of souls. He would be a dog that would calmly follow his guardian around and be 110% loyal. I would love to keep this dog if I could.

rainbow
June 9th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Any luck finding a rescue yet? :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

ancientgirl
June 9th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Poor guy. I"m glad you were at least able to get him in the car and to help. Hopefully they've given him a bath and some food and a nice cozy place to take it easy. I hope you can find him a rescue.:fingerscr

I'm so sick of this throw away society we are living in:frustrated:

14+kitties
June 9th, 2008, 04:40 PM
:grouphug: to you for stopping. So many people wouldn't these days. I hope that the shelter will give him a chance. :fingerscr Good luck on finding a rescue. You are an :angel:

chico2
June 9th, 2008, 04:52 PM
L4H,thank you for helping this poor guy out,you did the right thing for him,at least he'll have food,water and shelter.
I would not be able to take a dog to my house either,but would not hesitate to bring him to our HS, he would be out of the heat and safe.

rainbow
June 10th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Any news? :fingerscr :goodvibes:

happycats
June 10th, 2008, 07:06 AM
This dog reminds me of a "senior" version of Happycat's Buddy. So sweet.

OMG how sad......he sounds just like Buddy!! sweet loving soul!! God I hope they give him a chance, to think a loving sweet kind hearted dog, be put down when he would make a perfect pet, just like Buddy!!!

You did the right thing, you couldn't leave him out there.

Love4himies
June 10th, 2008, 07:12 AM
No I couldn't find a rescue yet, one lady is going into the hospital, the other is full, 8 dogs, two that have terminal cancer.

There is nothing a rescue can do until after the 72 hour waiting period, I will contact the director of the humane society today to find out how this guy is doing. BTW he is male. He was to see a vet yesterday to look at his back legs.

I hope they shave him, his fur was so long and matted. I bet with a reducing diet and grooming, this guy wouldn't seem so old.

happycats
June 10th, 2008, 07:28 AM
No I couldn't find a rescue yet, one lady is going into the hospital, the other is full, 8 dogs, two that have terminal cancer.

There is nothing a rescue can do until after the 72 hour waiting period, I will contact the director of the humane society today to find out how this guy is doing. BTW he is male. He was to see a vet yesterday to look at his back legs.

I hope they shave him, his fur was so long and matted. I bet with a reducing diet and grooming, this guy wouldn't seem so old.

Maybe he isn't that old?
Everyone thought Buddy was a senior, becuase he was so calm quiet and laid back, and becuase his fur was a mess too.

Love4himies
June 10th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Maybe he isn't that old?
Everyone thought Buddy was a senior, becuase he was so calm quiet and laid back, and becuase his fur was a mess too.

One of the rescue ladies I was talking to yesterday told me about a "senior" rescue she did from the humane society. She brought it home, groomed it, fed it a good diet and the dog turned out to be only 6 years old. The dog lived for another 6 years.

This dog was grossly overweight, no wonder he has problems walking.

happycats
June 10th, 2008, 07:33 AM
:goodvibes::fingerscr:pray: praying, hoping, crossing legs fingers and toes, that a rescue or foster can be found, he sounds like an amazing dog like Buddy !!

chico2
June 10th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Happycats,maybe a buddy for Buddy;)
:pray:this pup will be ok,clean up nicely and get a wonderful home:pray:

happycats
June 10th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Happycats,maybe a buddy for Buddy;)
:pray:this pup will be ok,clean up nicely and get a wonderful home:pray:

It took me many many years to talk DH into getting Buddy, there is NO WAY he would agree to another. Besides Buddy is such a sweet kind laid back soul, I fear he would fade into the background if we had another dog.

Trust me if this guy is anything like Buddy, he would make someone and awesome companion!!

chico2
June 10th, 2008, 08:38 AM
I know Happycats,it was just wishful thinking..
It's the same in my house,but about cats,there is no way hubby would want another kitty.

Love4himies
June 10th, 2008, 08:52 AM
We would consider taking him, DH and I talked about it last night, but with Jasper absolutely TERRIFIED of dogs, even when he hears one bark, we just can't have any.

ancientgirl
June 10th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Aww, poor Jasper. Maybe if you took Jasper to meet him and they were together in a quiet room?

I hope this guy is okay. It may be he just was so tired and bedraggled from being out in the elements for so long and that's why he looks old. I hope you are able to help him in some way.

happycats
June 10th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Any news on his condition? I'm praying for this poor guy!!

Love4himies
June 10th, 2008, 10:58 AM
I had forgotten the HS is closed today. :frustrated: so I won't get any news on him.

Chris21711
June 10th, 2008, 11:22 AM
:goodvibes:For this little guy L4H

Love4himies
June 10th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Aww, poor Jasper. Maybe if you took Jasper to meet him and they were together in a quiet room?

I hope this guy is okay. It may be he just was so tired and bedraggled from being out in the elements for so long and that's why he looks old. I hope you are able to help him in some way.

Jasper was found in somebody's backyard mauled very badly by a dog and was brought into the Cornwall SPCA. Took 6 weeks for recovery of his leg. Jasper gets so afraid when he sees a dog and even if he hears one barking he wants to go back into the house.

ancientgirl
June 10th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Jasper was found in somebody's backyard mauled very badly by a dog and was brought into the Cornwall SPCA. Took 6 weeks for recovery of his leg. Jasper gets so afraid when he sees a dog and even if he hears one barking he wants to go back into the house.

Oh no! I don't blame him for being so afraid. He doesn't need that stress.

rainbow
June 10th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the update......I hope someone will be able to help him. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

happycats
June 10th, 2008, 02:23 PM
:pray::fingerscr:goodvibes: for this guy!!

14+kitties
June 10th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Sending more :fingerscr:goodvibes: for this guy. If I was closer I may even have taken him. Just would have to twist someone's arm.

Elizabeth Ann
June 10th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Have you tried contacting any breeders in the area?

When my family was breeding OES Dogs we were a very close knit group (with the other breeders that is - but that was over ten years ago). A breeder might just take him in to make sure he isn't put to sleep.

Also - if he is a pure bred he will most likely have a tatoo, the org. breeder might take him back.

Also, I found this information on the internet;

OESCA Rescue
Contact in Canada: http://www.ladykinoes.com/ , Email: info@ladykinoes.com
Contact in OntarioL Leo Hui at hui@infoamp.net

I would like to help (as much as I can being far away and not being able to take the dog myself). Please keep us posted and contact me if you require anything.

These dogs hold a very special place in my heart and I would hate to see anything happen to this guy.

chico2
June 10th, 2008, 05:15 PM
L4H,I can understand how you cannot upset wonderful step-daddy Jasper,it would just not be fair to him.
Hopefully this poor pup,does not have a serious health-problem:pray:
Maybe there is even owner out there who has been looking for him for a long time,dogs have been known to travel long distances.

otter
June 10th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Just gotta add my :goodvibes::goodvibes: for this poor dog. He knows someone cares now, that means alot to a dog :lovestruck: I hope he isn't seriously ill and that a little TLC will get him back on his feet and into a great home or back to his lost home.

There is a rescue organization only for senior dogs (if he turns out to be a senior :D)... Mature Dog Adoptions
Ontario
Phone: 613-548-8858 (8am-8pm only, please)
Email: maturedogs@sympatico.ca (info from petfinder.com)
Maybe they could offer some advice?

:pray: for the guy

Love4himies
June 11th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Thanks Otter, that is one of the rescues I talked to. She can't take anymore dogs right now, eight, two with terminal cancer. I believe she has also talked to the Humane Society about this dog.

Love4himies
June 11th, 2008, 11:05 AM
As I am looking at pictures, this dog could be a Bearded Collie and not an Old English Sheepdog, they look the same to me. Does anybody know the difference?

Love4himies
June 11th, 2008, 11:07 AM
L4H,I can understand how you cannot upset wonderful step-daddy Jasper,it would just not be fair to him.
Hopefully this poor pup,does not have a serious health-problem:pray:
Maybe there is even owner out there who has been looking for him for a long time,dogs have been known to travel long distances.

I have been going on other lost and found websites to see if anybody has posted him. This dog was found in a very rural area so if he came from an old farmer's place, then they may not have the internet. I have also been checking the local papers and no adds have been placed.

Love4himies
June 11th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Well I spoke to the Exec Director and she thinks the dog is an Australian Shepard?? I looked at pictures of them and I didn't think so, but I really don't know dog breeds.

The vet has deemed this dog to be healthy, about 7 years old with perhaps some arthritis, not an injury in his back legs.

He is doing very well, happy, eating, drinking wagging his tail alot (as I know he would :lovestruck:)

I was told he is all cleaned up and I wouldn't recognize him now :cloud9:. I can't visit him for 14 days:yell: He is in isolation during that time and assesed.

I mentioned to her if for any reason the dog was to be put down I wanted to be notified before hand.

ancientgirl
June 11th, 2008, 01:51 PM
I'm glad he's doing well. That's a great idea to have them call you before they do anything like put him down. If they can't find him a home maybe you can with someone.

Frenchy
June 11th, 2008, 02:42 PM
I can't visit him for 14 days:yell: He is in isolation during that time and assesed.

He's safe for 14 days :thumbs up after that , you know where to find me if you need help. He may just get adopted at the shelter :goodvibes:

aslan
June 11th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Hey love4, did you say tail? as in long wagging thing... Unless its a mix it isn't an aussie then, they don't have tails, cute little stubs.

phoozles
June 11th, 2008, 03:26 PM
So good to hear he's doing okay! :thumbs up
:fingerscr that he'll be adopted soon :goodvibes:

chico2
June 11th, 2008, 04:46 PM
L4H,I am so glad he seems ok,it's a big jump from an OES to an Aussie,but I am sure someone will decide what he is.
He is in safe hands now though,not running around in the heat,thirsty and hungry,thank's to you:thumbs up

rainbow
June 12th, 2008, 03:22 AM
Hey love4, did you say tail?

:eek: I hope Grace didn't see that. :laughing:

rainbow
June 12th, 2008, 03:24 AM
Glad to hear that he has 14 days :thumbs up .....hopefully he will find a forever home by then. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

kimnmark
June 12th, 2008, 06:16 AM
14 days :fingerscr that he will have found a home by then. :goodvibes:

Love4himies
June 12th, 2008, 08:55 AM
I am really not doggy smart, so I could be wrong. I looked at pictures of Aussies and I didn't think he was one, but maybe an Aussi mixed with a Bearded collie or Old English Speepdog. I was also driving so I didn't see him as well as DH. DH didn't think he looked like an Aussie, his fur was too long around his face.

Love4himies
June 12th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Hey love4, did you say tail? as in long wagging thing... Unless its a mix it isn't an aussie then, they don't have tails, cute little stubs.

Yes, I did say she said the tail was wagging, I didn't even think of that, good eyes, Aslan.

I really can't remember, his fur was so matted, falling out, and long.:sad:

aslan
June 12th, 2008, 09:01 AM
yay for me,,, i find a large majority of shelter staff have no clue about dogs.. I owned and australian sheppard and we took him in for his neuter and the girl put him down as a border collie. Ummm lady have you noticed the lack of wagging object on the other end,,,, she goes oh yeah, did you dock it. duh..

Elizabeth Ann
June 12th, 2008, 02:36 PM
1. is an OES
2 is what our OES's used to look like in the ring (man I miss going to dog shows
3. is a bearded collie.

There isn't really that much of a difference for people that aren't used to seeing the breeds all the time.

Either way I am glad the pup is doing better and is safe.

Love4himies
June 12th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Sorry EA, they look the same to me :shrug:. There was not so much fur on his snout as these two and like I said he was so matted and filthy that I could have been way off mark.

Love4himies
June 12th, 2008, 02:57 PM
yay for me,,, i find a large majority of shelter staff have no clue about dogs.. I owned and australian sheppard and we took him in for his neuter and the girl put him down as a border collie. Ummm lady have you noticed the lack of wagging object on the other end,,,, she goes oh yeah, did you dock it. duh..

Not only with dogs, Jasper listed at the shelter as a Himalayan, when my DH brought him home, I said to myself, he was one poor specimen of a himmie. He was much too big, tail too long, snout not pushed in, eyes too small, ears too big, fur not long enough, no undercoat to his fur. Turns out he maybe purebred Ragdoll or at least Ragdoll cross. I hope nobody called the shelter and asked if they had any Ragdolls turned in while he was there :sad:. It is so important to actually go to the shelter to look.

happycats
June 12th, 2008, 08:43 PM
It's funny you say that L4H, my vet thinks Buddy is part bearded collie, becuase he is not very big, and OES are bigger then bearded collies.

I hope you can post his pic!! I would love to see him!

Love4himies
June 23rd, 2008, 01:07 PM
Well I finally got to visit this guy, WOW, I can't believe this is the same dog!!!

He lost 20 lbs of fur:eek: He is MUCH happier and livier. The dog could barely walk before, now his tail/bum is wagging. He looks ten years younger.

Love4himies
June 23rd, 2008, 01:09 PM
He was so matted, they had to shave him completely.

I wish I could have him:sad:

I brought him toys, he wasn't interested so I just put them on his bed, I don't think he had toys before.:sad:

I also brought freeze dried liver treats which he devoured and shared with the other dogs in his ward :D

Chris21711
June 23rd, 2008, 01:15 PM
So sweet of you L4H to bring him treats. He looks a happy boy, makes you wonder what kind of life he led before. Thanks for taking an interest in him :thumbs up

rainbow
June 23rd, 2008, 01:50 PM
Awwww.....he looks like such a happy boy now. :cloud9: He's too small to be an OES though so probably is a Bearded Collie. I think he will have a pretty good chance of being adopted. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

ancientgirl
June 23rd, 2008, 02:03 PM
He does look very happy. He's got two different color eyes? He is a handsome dog. I hope they find him a home.

Love4himies
June 23rd, 2008, 02:41 PM
I had to walk by the cat rooms to visit this guy :sad::cry: I hate it, I cried, they look at you begging to be taken home.

ancientgirl
June 23rd, 2008, 03:33 PM
That must have been hard. I don't even like going to Petsmart on weekends because that's when they have their adoption drives. It hurts so much to see all those animals there looking for homes.

angeldogs
June 23rd, 2008, 03:50 PM
He is a very handsome boy.
he looks happy to see you.he looks like he has a sweet gentle soul in those eyes.:lovestruck:

edwpang
June 23rd, 2008, 03:51 PM
I am glad to hear the dog is doing so well, and I love his happy face. Is there anyone going to adopt him?

chico2
June 23rd, 2008, 04:42 PM
I don't see a tail:confused:maybe he is an Aussie after all,or maybe the tail is hiding:laughing:
He looks really good,hopefully someone will want him:pray:
L4H,when I go to our HS,I only bring stuff,never check the cat-cages or the area where the dogs are kept,even so,I always leave in tears..:cry:
I know I could give a cat or several a good home,but there just is no way:sad:

Frenchy
June 23rd, 2008, 05:09 PM
omg he's too cute !!! :lovestruck: Love his eyes , they should call him David (after David Bowie) :D

So sweet of you to have brought him toys and treats :cloud9:

:thankyou:

CyberKitten
June 23rd, 2008, 07:35 PM
Awwwwwwwww!! what a wonderful thing you did, bringing him there and checking to make sure he stays alive. What a sweet looking dog. He looks adorable and you can just look in those eyes and know he has a super personality. It makese me sad when I think of animals who have never seen toys- maybe he had been at a puppy mill and escaped or owned by a disinterested person in which case thank goodness he did not have a tag or chip!!! Sharing his treats- what a guy!!! :thumbs up

Rottielover
June 23rd, 2008, 08:31 PM
he looks to be parts catalola cattle dog, or bad spelling lol

krdahmer
June 23rd, 2008, 11:23 PM
I had to walk by the cat rooms to visit this guy :sad::cry: I hate it, I cried, they look at you begging to be taken home.

I can never leave those places without being in tears, usually for the rest of the day. :sad: I just love them all and want to take them all home.

He certainly looks great now L4H... he was definitely lucky to have met you! Now for a good home... :goodvibes::pray:

snowflake1
June 24th, 2008, 01:03 AM
he does look like part australian shepard. just shaved. especially with the no tail.
here is a pic of one

Elizabeth Ann
June 24th, 2008, 04:41 PM
he does look like part australian shepard. just shaved. especially with the no tail.
here is a pic of one

I agree with that. Aust. Shepards (and also cattle dogs) are know for the different eye colour (well so is the OES). But with his nose and all the spots I say Ausie for sure.

aslan
June 24th, 2008, 04:55 PM
yup i'm agreeing with the aussie now, he is a handsome boy now all cleaned up.

Love4himies
June 25th, 2008, 12:49 PM
More info on "Mickie", named by Lindsay at the Kingston Humane Society.

I wasn't aware at the time, that he was covered in feces that were matted into his fur, my stomach is sick over this. His collar was much too tight meaning that he was probably tied up his whole life.

He is very good with cats, he went for temperment training and was put in a room with cats, one cat lunged at him and he tried to hide, lol, what a sweetie.

They are madly trying to find a rescue for him as they know he has hip issues, arthritis and/or hip displaysia (sp??). They noticed that his front elbows are turned inwards and they are not sure why.

Please if anybody can find room in their house for this sweetheart and can afford some xrays to find out what is wrong with his hips please call:
Lindsay at Kingston Humane Society 613-546-1291 or e-mail her at:
lindsay@kingstonhumanesociety.ca

Love4himies
June 25th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Awwwwwwwww!! what a wonderful thing you did, bringing him there and checking to make sure he stays alive. What a sweet looking dog. He looks adorable and you can just look in those eyes and know he has a super personality. It makese me sad when I think of animals who have never seen toys- maybe he had been at a puppy mill and escaped or owned by a disinterested person in which case thank goodness he did not have a tag or chip!!! Sharing his treats- what a guy!!! :thumbs up

No tag, chip and I am glad he is not being returned too, he was neutered so not a puppy mill. Because he had feces matted into his fur, he was probably tied up all his life and so he didn't know what to do with the toys :sad: He didn't even run after the ball like he didn't know what to do.

My mind is scrambling to find a way to adopt this guy, but I know it will be too hard on the cats.

ancientgirl
June 25th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Is there a way you can keep him and Jasper away from each other? :shrug:

Love4himies
June 25th, 2008, 01:11 PM
It is not only Jasper, but Puddles who gets much too stressed over any changes. She and Sweet Pea still hate each other and Sweet Pea attacks my defenseless Puddles so they are kept seperate all the time unless we are babysitting them. Jasper and Puddles like to go outside and they need to be watch constantly while they are out.

With the foster kittens and my cats I don't have any free time, it is too much babysitting.

So it boils down to me doing this during the evening and weekends:
Babysitting foster kittens while they have their "free run time" in the house, 2 hours each night, 2-2hour periods on the weekends.
Babysit Sweet Pea to ensure she doesn't attack Puddles.
Babysit Jasper and Puddles during their outside time.

ancientgirl
June 25th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Shoot. It would be too much to have Mickie, yeah. And it wouldn't be fair to have him outside all the time, since that's probably where he's already spent most of his life. :sad:

Chris21711
June 25th, 2008, 01:15 PM
No tag, chip and I am glad he is not being returned too, he was neutered so not a puppy mill. Because he had feces matted into his fur, he was probably tied up all his life and so he didn't know what to do with the toys :sad: He didn't even run after the ball like he didn't know what to do.

My mind is scrambling to find a way to adopt this guy, but I know it will be too hard on the cats.

Could you not try on a trial/foster basis L4H. I've brought all of my dogs into a home with cats and never even considered whether it will work or not beforehand, in the end it has always worked out. Maybe it is not the right way to do things :shrug: but I've never had any real troublse. Just a thought, I know this is bothering your. :grouphug:

rainbow
June 25th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Doesn't angeldogs live in Kingston?

You could pm him as maybe he can help or know of someone that can. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Winston
June 25th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Angeldogs is in Kitchener...

Love4himies
June 25th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Could you not try on a trial/foster basis L4H. I've brought all of my dogs into a home with cats and never even considered whether it will work or not beforehand, in the end it has always worked out. Maybe it is not the right way to do things :shrug: but I've never had any real troublse. Just a thought, I know this is bothering your. :grouphug:

I am currently fostering 4 kittens from Gananoque Humane Society and I just don't have the room right now.

rainbow
June 25th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Angeldogs is in Kitchener...

Ooooops :o

Well, I was close since it at least starts with a K :D .....what can you expect from a B.C. girl? :laughing:

14+kitties
June 25th, 2008, 02:32 PM
L4H - thank you for caring about this guy so much! He is a doll. If I didn't have my hands full I would take him. I seem to have this other person in the background saying NO! :rolleyes:
I :pray: he finds a home quickly. Have any rescues managed to get in touch yet?

Love4himies
June 25th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Kingston Humane Society has been in touch with an Aussie rescue in Ontario. They are trying to place him too.

14+kitties
June 25th, 2008, 02:41 PM
:fingerscr they will find a place for him. He is too precious to be put down. He has too many people fighting for him too!
I would like to find that owner of his and tie him up for a while. See how he likes it! If anyone came looking for him would they have to give him back?

Love4himies
July 4th, 2008, 07:49 PM
This Dog Is Now In Danger Of Being Put Down If Anybody Can Help Call Lindsay At Kingston Humane Society!!!!

Love4himies
July 4th, 2008, 08:17 PM
bump up...

onster
July 4th, 2008, 09:02 PM
:fingerscr:fingerscr:pray::pray: for him.

Why are they considering euthanising? He hasnt been there long :sad: The bad hip? Rescue options not working out? :sad:

*bump*

Frenchy
July 4th, 2008, 09:40 PM
L4H , I just e-mailed his pictures and description to 15 of my contacts. Mostly in Ontario. I also asked them , if they can't take him , to send the e-mail to their contacts . Let's hope someone can help him. :fingerscr

If you speak to the humane society lady , please ask her to give us some time :fingerscr

14+kitties
July 4th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Oh cr@p! I was hoping someone would come in to the shelter and fall for this sweetie. :sad: I have my fingers crossed the amazing Frenchy will come through! I just wish I could take him but I know hubby's answer! :frustrated:

krdahmer
July 5th, 2008, 12:15 AM
:pray: :pray: :pray:

hazelrunpack
July 5th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Oh, no...now I wish I hadn't looked back here. :cry:

:pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes: for Mickey!!! I wish I could help...if even as a foster until a home could be found (stop laughing Frenchy :frustrated:)... He's such a happy-looking guy! He deserves better from life than what he got! :pray:

rainbow
July 5th, 2008, 02:36 AM
L4H , I just e-mailed his pictures and description to 15 of my contacts. Mostly in Ontario. I also asked them , if they can't take him , to send the e-mail to their contacts . Let's hope someone can help him. :fingerscr

If you speak to the humane society lady , please ask her to give us some time :fingerscr

Bless you once again, Frenchy. :angel: :grouphug:

I so hope something works out for him. :pray: :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Love4himies
July 5th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Thank you so much Frenchy, :cry: The Aussie rescue did not come through apparently they had 10 dogs in the last week that came in.

chico2
July 5th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Oh no,why??? Too many dogs?Is he too sick??
Frenchy thank you for trying to save this boy,even though you are in Quebec:grouphug:
Hopefully a rescue here in Ontario will respond:pray:

ancientgirl
July 5th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Go Frenchy!!!!!!!

hazelrunpack
July 5th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Gananoque has no room either, L4H?

More :goodvibes: :fingerscr and :pray: :pray: :pray:!

Love4himies
July 5th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Gananoque has no room and Kingston is out of room.

I may have found a foster home. Keeping my fingers crossed.:pray::fingerscr

Dog is safe for the weekend.

angeldogs
July 5th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Gananoque has no room and Kingston is out of room.

:fingerscr:fingerscrThat your foster home comes through.That's good that he safe for the weekend.

Frenchy
July 5th, 2008, 10:54 AM

:goodvibes: for your foster home. The dog is safe for the week end ? Is he out already or will the humane society wait before ... you know. :sad:

also , check your pm.

It may take longer for me to get replies from the rescues this being the week end. But I may have a solution , for this dog to not get put down.

Frenchy
July 5th, 2008, 10:55 AM
if even as a foster until a home could be found (stop laughing Frenchy :frustrated:)...

http://bestsmileys.com/lol/4.gif

:whistle:

:rolleyes:

Chris21711
July 5th, 2008, 01:33 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/lol/4.gif

:whistle:

:rolleyes:

:lightbulb: I know exactly where you are going with this Frenchy :thumbs up

Love4himies
July 5th, 2008, 02:39 PM
He is on his way to be fostered!!!!! A hobby farm between Kingston and Brockville. May have even found a permanent home for him.

Wahoo wow it is a lot of calling to organize a rescue!

Thanks for everybody for their thoughts and a HUGE THANK YOU to Frenchy :lovestruck:

Sabine
July 5th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Oh what a relief ! ! Thank you all so much for saving this poor little soul !! :grouphug::thumbs up:thankyou:

joeysmama
July 5th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I'm so happy that he's safe---and going to stay that way !!!

Love4himies
July 5th, 2008, 02:50 PM
A picture of him after being cleaned but before being shaved, he is a beauty:

I guess I was way off, hope I never have to be a witness to a crime, I would describe the wrong person.

Dracko
July 5th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Did you find out if he is blind in the one eye?

14+kitties
July 5th, 2008, 03:04 PM
He is on his way to be fostered!!!!! A hobby farm between Kingston and Brockville. May have even found a permanent home for him.

Wahoo wow it is a lot of calling to organize a rescue!

Thanks for everybody for their thoughts and a HUGE THANK YOU to Frenchy :lovestruck:

:highfive: YOU ROCK!!
WTG on the fostering!! It would be fantastic if he would be able to stay there too!! Amazing job L4H!!!!!
And Frenchy - thanks for everything you do too!!!
You are BOTH heroes in my book!!!!!!

14+kitties
July 5th, 2008, 03:13 PM
This needs to be posted here I think. :highfive: :thumbs up

Chaser
July 5th, 2008, 03:43 PM
That is such great news!!! I swear, rescue people work some real miracles! What angels! :angel: I can't wait to get out of my apartment so I can get into it....it is so amazing to see the difference you can make in dogs' lives. I can't even imagine what may have happened to this sweet little guy if you didn't have such a big heart L4H And Frenchy, it sounds like you are incredibly resourceful :highfive: :grouphug:

chico2
July 5th, 2008, 04:42 PM
OMG,here I go again,tears flowing,hubby asking "who died now":laughing:
These are happy-tears,thank you L4H,Frenchy and the foster-person.
Maybe the foster will see what a beautiful boy he'll be once his hair grows back and keep him:fingerscr

Love4himies
July 5th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Did you find out if he is blind in the one eye?

No, it's common for aussies to have two colour eyes.

Frenchy
July 5th, 2008, 06:42 PM

That is great news L4H ! :thumbs up Like I pm you , a lady from a rescue is interested also :D

ancientgirl
July 5th, 2008, 06:57 PM
http://friendsforever.foren-city.de/images/smiles/a084.gifhttp://friendsforever.foren-city.de/images/smiles/a084.gifhttp://friendsforever.foren-city.de/images/smiles/a084.gifhttp://www.comicguide.net/images/smilies/ringelrein.gif

Yay! That's such fantastic news!!!!!

Love4himies
July 5th, 2008, 07:11 PM
It wasn't just me, but in concert with a rescue here in Kingston who rescues senior dogs but could not take in this one right now.

Frenchy you are the kindest, most big hearted person in the world, I just don't know how I can thank you for you help. You are the best! Big cyber hug for you!!

I hope it works out for Micky and I am hoping to visit him next weekend.

Chris21711
July 5th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Fantasic News, great work L4H and Frenchy too. He is a beautiful looking dog. You guys really rock :thumbs up:thumbs up:thumbs up

Frenchy
July 5th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Big cyber hug for you!!

Right back at you hun :highfive:

hazelrunpack
July 5th, 2008, 10:51 PM
http://foolstown.com/sm/obm.gif Oh, such a relief!!! You guys ROCK!!!!

:highfive:

:grouphug:

Great job! :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
July 6th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Excellant work L4H & Frenchy :highfive:

onster
July 6th, 2008, 12:58 AM
woooohoooo!!!

A girl goes to TO for an afternoon and u guys manage to work miracles! amazing job L4H and frenchy!!! :D:highfive::grouphug:

krdahmer
July 6th, 2008, 10:46 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/3.gif To all who helped this doggy!!! :pray: & :goodvibes: that he continues to find great people to love him and care for him!

OMG,here I go again,tears flowing,hubby asking "who died now":laughing:
These are happy-tears,thank you L4H,Frenchy and the foster-person.
Maybe the foster will see what a beautiful boy he'll be once his hair grows back and keep him:fingerscr

You know Chico, I cry so much when reading here, hubby doesn't even ask anymore... just assumes someone's pet is sick. :o

rainbow
July 6th, 2008, 04:10 PM
WOOO HOOO for Mickey !!! :highfive:

Awesome job L4H and Frenchy and everyone else that helped save Mickey. :thumbs up :angel:

Is it the foster home that may adopt him? :goodvibes:

angeldogs
July 6th, 2008, 11:27 PM
That is awsome news.
Great job L4H and Frenchy:highfive::thumbs up

Love4himies
July 7th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Mickey is now on petfinder :cloud9:

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=11352371

ancientgirl
July 7th, 2008, 01:26 PM
:fingerscr I hope he finds a great home soon!

hazelrunpack
July 7th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Good luck, Mickey! :fingerscr :goodvibes:

14+kitties
July 7th, 2008, 02:40 PM
What a doll! I pray he finds his furever home soon. He so deserves someone to love and to love him. :cloud9:

rainbow
July 7th, 2008, 06:30 PM
I hope Mickey finds a loving forever home soon. :fingerscr :goodvibes: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Love4himies
July 8th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Well good news, the OPP officer took one look at Mickey and fell in love. She has 2 seniors at home, so unless the dogs don't get along it is a foster to adoption. Means I can't visit him this weekend :sad:

GOOD LUCK MICKEY!!

Chaser
July 8th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Great news! :highfive: (Except that you can't visit him :sad:) And what a great woman for adopting three seniors!

:fingerscr they all get along!

ancientgirl
July 8th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Sounds like a happy ending!

rainbow
July 8th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Awww....sorry you don't get to visit him this weekend :grouphug: but I sure hope that Mickey has found the loving forever home he deserves. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Frenchy
July 8th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Already ? !!! :highfive: I know it's sad you won't be able to visit (you can still ask the rescue for updates and pics) but think about this : this is all because of YOU , this dog has a second chance on life. If anybody else would have seen this dog by the side of the road , they would have called the animal control to pick him up and he might have gotten put down because of his age and hips. But look at him now = :cloud9:

Again = :highfive:

angeldogs
July 8th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Well good news, the OPP officer took one look at Mickey and fell in love. She has 2 seniors at home, so unless the dogs don't get along it is a foster to adoption. Means I can't visit him this weekend :sad:

GOOD LUCK MICKEY!!

Maybe the OPP officer will let you visit Mickey.
Wishing you lots of luck Mickey.

growler~GateKeeper
July 9th, 2008, 03:32 AM
Excellent :highfive: :goodvibes: for a great intro to the other doga

chico2
July 9th, 2008, 06:55 AM
L4H,give yourself a great big pat on the back for saving Mickeys life,you are the best:grouphug:
:pray:he'll get along with the officers other pups and he'll be on the way to a great second chance:thumbs up

Love4himies
July 9th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Bobby at Mature Dog Rescue said she was going to pass my e-mail on to the OPP officer.

I hope I can visit:pray:.

hazelrunpack
July 9th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Oh, I hope you can visit, too, L4H! What a lovely thing you did for Mickey--and now he may be adopted already! :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
July 9th, 2008, 10:49 AM
:o And...um...could someone please enlighten hazel as to what an OPP is? I see it a lot and have been cogitating on it, but not even madame hazel's crystal ball has been able to figure it out... :o

KarineB
July 9th, 2008, 10:56 AM
OPP is Ontario Provinacial Police I am pretty sure....

Glad to see everything worked out for the best, that pup is precious!

Chris21711
July 9th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Great news for Mickey L4H, you rock :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
July 9th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Thanks, Karine!