Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New cat update

Bluedrake
June 9th, 2008, 06:15 AM
Well, Mimi came out from under the bed for a while. She went to the window to look outside and came for a snuggle. She really likes to be petted.

She still refuses to eat though. She didn't eat last night or this morning. I'll give her until tonight to eat.

Strange thing this morning, she was meowing for attention, and when I went to pet her she retreated under the bed and hissed at me. Any idea what's up with that?

Check the picture forum for a picture of her and of my two other cats (not together, mind you).

sugarcatmom
June 9th, 2008, 07:47 AM
She still refuses to eat though. She didn't eat last night or this morning. I'll give her until tonight to eat.

Can you offer her something irresistible, like meat baby food or plain yogurt or canned salmon?

Strange thing this morning, she was meowing for attention, and when I went to pet her she retreated under the bed and hissed at me. Any idea what's up with that?

Probably just stressed and confused from being in a new environment. She should mellow out as she starts to feel more comfortable. You could also try playing with her with a fishing-rod type toy to distract her from feeling displaced. Play as therapy.

Check the picture forum for a picture of her and of my two other cats (not together, mind you).

What a bunch of cuties!