Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

woofstock part 3

breeze
June 8th, 2008, 09:44 PM
just so that you get the idea of how many people where there..

breeze
June 8th, 2008, 09:46 PM

breeze
June 8th, 2008, 09:58 PM
doggie pool

angeldogs
June 8th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Jag wouldn't go in the fountain at all and we tried other then pushing him in.yet he saw other weims in it and still wouldn't go in.

Frenchy
June 8th, 2008, 10:04 PM
The dog beside the black dog in that last pic looks a bit like Nelly !

Pretty cool of the city to let the dogs go in that "pool" :thumbs up

aslan
June 8th, 2008, 10:05 PM
it was a large grey hound Frenchy, and yup it was nice of them, they had wading pools and doggie carwashes going, and water pails all over the place.

Frenchy
June 8th, 2008, 10:21 PM
it was a large grey hound Frenchy,

:laughing: I always thought Nelly looked more like a greyhound than a great dane :D

aslan
June 8th, 2008, 10:27 PM
the owners had 3 of them and they were taking turns putting them in, cause the didn't wanna go. haha kinda like little peanut in the little wading pool

Frenchy
June 8th, 2008, 10:29 PM
the owners had 3 of them

:cloud9: I always loved greyhounds but I don't think I ever met one !!

meg4050
June 8th, 2008, 10:29 PM
the owners had 3 of them and they were taking turns putting them in, cause the didn't wanna go. haha kinda like little peanut in the little wading pool

:laughing: I put him in the bathtub for awhile after we got home...he's exhausted... this is the quietest night I've had since he moved in!

otter
June 8th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Oh my! that's a lot of people :eek:
I think I would have lost my mind :crazy: Too many gorgeous puppies for me!

I only wish it could have been cooler for everyone :sad:

rainbow
June 9th, 2008, 02:30 AM
WOW.....lots of people for sure. Glad to hear there was lots of places for the dogs to cool off. :thumbs up

angeldogs
June 9th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Here is another pic of that sweet handsome boy Winston and the cutie pie puppy from the next booth.

angeldogs
June 9th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Here are a few more.i also have some pics of the different booths that i will post.

Kashi
June 9th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Oh - we fawned over that little tripod pup for quite a while. My daughter was just completely taken with him :lovestruck:

kimnmark
June 9th, 2008, 09:16 AM
I am soooo loving all the photos of these pretty pups. I think I would have left with whiplash trying to see all cute doggies.

Looks like everyone had a fabulous time despite the heat. Thank goodness for the fountain, pools & car washes.

angeldogs
June 9th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Oh - we fawned over that little tripod pup for quite a while. My daughter was just completely taken with him :lovestruck:

He is so cute.Cindy got his attention in the second pic so we see his amputated leg.poor fella.

happycats
June 9th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Looks very busy! looks like everyone had great fun.
How is it with so many dogs ion one place? are there many fights?
I would worry about my dog being attacked/bit?

I think that little tripod is adorable!! :lovestruck:

Kashi
June 9th, 2008, 10:04 AM
He is so cute.Cindy got his attention in the second pic so we see his amputated leg.poor fella.

I actually asked about that - he was apparently born with the only partially formed leg.

Little guy sure was friendly.

angeldogs
June 9th, 2008, 10:08 AM
I actually asked about that - he was apparently born with the only partially formed leg.

Little guy sure was friendly.

Ok got it wrong.he was cute.as you could see he was sleeping when we seen him.If my kids would have been there they would have loved him.

Winston
June 9th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Happycats..to answer your question..I did not hear of one fight or any issues like that at all...Last yeat all the dogs were so awesome too!....Its some of the owners that are stupid! It truly is amazing with the amount of dogs present!

Great day by all!

Cindy

Kashi
June 9th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Happycats..to answer your question..I did not hear of one fight or any issues like that at all...Last yeat all the dogs were so awesome too!....Its some of the owners that are stupid! It truly is amazing with the amount of dogs present!

Great day by all!

Cindy

*most* people seem to keep their dogs on leash, in a carrier or stroller, at all times. We only saw a handful of dogs off leash - though we did see Toronto police people go up to the same guy twice and tell him to put his dogs on leash. He was still ignoring them though, then got grumpy when one little pup ran off. :wall:

Frenchy
June 9th, 2008, 12:27 PM
has Tripod been adopted Cindy ? :goodvibes:

Winston
June 9th, 2008, 12:44 PM
No he is too young ...only 2 months old...he will be assessed they said when he gets a little older and they will not let him go unless they find a suitable home...They were not sure if he will have any surgery or not until the vets look him over...He was born with it..and they have another that had th esame problem but she said he was finally adopted but it took awhile tofind the right home...he is a blue tick coonhound...absolutely a charm....they were so worried someone would walk off with him cause he generated alot of attention...he was soooo well behaved! except his puppy chewing!!!!

Loved him!

Oh and Frenchy you would have been in heaven! Our booth was right beside the Golden Retriver Rescue...lots of goldens in there!!

Frenchy
June 9th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Oh and Frenchy you would have been in heaven! Our booth was right beside the Golden Retriver Rescue...lots of goldens in there!!

:eek: lucky you ! Do you know if Heather was there ?

I hope tripod won't need another surgery , and will get the best forever home :goodvibes:

Winston
June 9th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Is Heather with Golden Rescue?

Frenchy
June 9th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Is Heather with Golden Rescue?

Golden Rescue Ontario. Was it this one ? I think there's more than one golden rescue in Ontario.

Winston
June 9th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Good question...all I know is that rescue has money!!!! they had their own truck, tons and tons of merchandise to sell and many many volunteers showed up....we at German Shepherd Rescue are sooo small compaired to them...there doggies were so good too!

Cindy

Frenchy
June 9th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Good question...all I know is that rescue has money!!!! they had their own truck, tons and tons of merchandise to sell and many many volunteers showed up....

:eek: :cloud9:

Kashi
June 9th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Good question...all I know is that rescue has money!!!! they had their own truck, tons and tons of merchandise to sell and many many volunteers showed up....we at German Shepherd Rescue are sooo small compaired to them...there doggies were so good too!

Cindy

Well, I'll pony up with my own embarassing mistake of the weekend, Winston.

I had it in my head that you'd posted you were with the Golden rescue, and went to their booth and asked if they had a dog around named Winston :o Of course, they looked at me like I had two heads.

Winston
June 9th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Thats too funny! we were right next door!!

Kashi
June 9th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Thats too funny! we were right next door!!

Too bad I hadn't spoke louder ! We even visited the booth - might even have talked to you :laughing:

We had a blast, and hope to go back next year.

marko
June 9th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Love the pics in this thread :highfive:

they really help show off what a huge event this was!

angeldogs
June 9th, 2008, 06:59 PM

Great day by all!

Cindy

I seen a few little scuffles nothing serious at all.after we said good bye there was this woman walking more like the rotti walking her.kept getting into jags face and i was telling her jag didn't like that and there would be a fight.she did nothing Becky had to leave with jag.then about 10 min later seen i guy i knew and he said that rotti had just been in a fight.

We want to go back next year.we had a great time and was real nice to me a few members there.

happycats
June 9th, 2008, 08:14 PM
I am going to try and make it next year....I think Buddy would love it!!

Byrd
June 9th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Willow would have been spastic with that many dogs around! It would be a blast though!

growler~GateKeeper
June 10th, 2008, 03:48 AM
More great pics :thumbs up

What a great event :highfive:

angeldogs
June 10th, 2008, 08:00 AM
More great pics :thumbs up

What a great event :highfive:

More pics ok i resized over 30 pics last night of dogs and still have some of the booths if anyone is interested

angeldogs
June 10th, 2008, 08:03 AM
And some more pics.what an event well worth the drive.so many cute pooches.

angeldogs
June 10th, 2008, 08:05 AM
And there are some more pics

angeldogs
June 10th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Just let me know if your getting sick of my wifes pics yet

angeldogs
June 10th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Last ones for now.must get kids to school.

Elizabeth Ann
June 10th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Darn-It - I wish we had gone. It was just too hot (for us humans) and the weathernetwork.com said it was going to rain all day, which we all know it didn't.

I really wish that we had gone, oh well... there is always next year.

Looks like everyone had a great time.

Spatx
June 10th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I really wish I could have gone as well, but with the weather, work, and other things going on I just couldn't make it down there. Hopefully next year! It looks like a ton of fun :)

angeldogs
June 10th, 2008, 07:05 PM
It was fun.no kids just me,wife and jag and we plan on going next year

angeldogs
June 10th, 2008, 07:13 PM
I will post these last 3 don't want to over do it with pics.

growler~GateKeeper
June 11th, 2008, 01:25 AM
angeldogs you & your wife got some great pics - nice to see Jag in there too :D

So many great danes there :cloud9:

rainbow
June 11th, 2008, 02:04 AM
Angeldogs, really great pics ......thanks for sharing. :thumbs up

kimnmark
June 11th, 2008, 06:13 AM
Great photos Angeldogs.
Thanks to everyone's photos I've convinced hubby that we should go next year.:)

angeldogs
June 11th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Thanks.there were lots of weims there but the members here knew jag right away.still have lots of pics.the wife was slacking with the camera.i had it once to snap the creasted and the boxers.if i had the camera the whole time my memory card would have been full.

Frenchy
June 11th, 2008, 03:01 PM
omg that last dane is a beauty ! :lovestruck:

angeldogs
June 11th, 2008, 07:16 PM
omg that last dane is a beauty ! :lovestruck:

I know.i was in awwwww when i saw he/her my raced faster.i posted that one for you frenchy

BHRR
June 24th, 2008, 12:18 AM
AND I was going to say that the greyhound in that picture reminded me both of BHRR's GD's Jenni & Mudslide! ;) Family resemblance to mom based upon your comment or what!!!! ;)

:laughing: I always thought Nelly looked more like a greyhound than a great dane :D