Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Onster asked to see some houses.

Chris21711
June 8th, 2008, 12:45 PM
A little while ago Onster asked to see some of the Houses and Feeders that Hubby makes. Here is a few:

Here is a couple of the feeders:

happycats
June 8th, 2008, 01:14 PM
They are gorgeous!! He is very talented! I love that one feeder looks so rustic.

rainbow
June 8th, 2008, 05:36 PM
What a great job your hubby does? :thumbs up Does he sell them? :)

14+kitties
June 8th, 2008, 06:49 PM
You are right, your hubby is an artist!! So nice. I bet he gets lots of compliments.
I just wanna know how a man who can make something that looks like those feeders and homes do resorts to tying a fence to "fix" it!!!!!

Chris21711
June 9th, 2008, 10:58 AM
What a great job your hubby does? :thumbs up Does he sell them? :)

If someone wants one, he will sell. He says they are for our retirement fund. Guess that means we will continue to live in the poorhouse :laughing:

You are right, your hubby is an artist!! So nice. I bet he gets lots of compliments.
I just wanna know how a man who can make something that looks like those feeders and homes do resorts to tying a fence to "fix" it!!!!!

:laughing: The same way he fixed the leak under one of the kitchen sinks, he put a bowl under it so it wouldn't drip on the cupboard floor, that was 6 years ago :crazy:

He also makes birdhouses strictly ornamental for indoor decoration, I will post some pics of them in the Off Topic Forum, I think they are quite something. He also made the benches that they are sitting on, all new lumber finished to look aged.

rainbow
June 9th, 2008, 02:07 PM
If someone wants one, he will sell. He says they are for our retirement fund. Guess that means we will continue to live in the poorhouse :laughing:

He also makes birdhouses strictly ornamental for indoor decoration, I will post some pics of them in the Off Topic Forum, I think they are quite something. He also made the benches that they are sitting on, all new lumber finished to look aged.

You should advertise them or set up a booth at craft fairs. :thumbs up

:laughing: The same way he fixed the leak under one of the kitchen sinks, he put a bowl under it so it wouldn't drip on the cupboard floor, that was 6 years ago :crazy:

:laughing: ....who empties the bowl? :D

hazelrunpack
June 9th, 2008, 02:17 PM
I was wondering the same thing--who empties the bowl? :laughing:

Those are gorgeous feeders and houses, Chris! I love the rustic look :cloud9:

How long does it take him to finish one from start to rustic look? :D

Chris21711
June 9th, 2008, 03:02 PM
:laughing:Too funny, who empties the bowl MOI I mentioned to him a couple of weeks ago about it, he said "Ithought I fixed it" so I said to him if you call this fixing it and whipped the bowl out, he just chuckled and went on his merry way.

I don't know really how long it takes him to do it Hazel, he goes down to his shop and putters and putters he likes to putter.:rolleyes: As far as renting a booth somewhere, he probably will on day when he has more.

Here is one more, I know this took a spell to do, he notched each little log and then chinked them, just like a real one.

kimnmark
June 9th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Very cool! I love their rustic look, very natural.

rainbow
June 9th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Well hubby has a great talent there :thumbs up ......tell him to sell a few to pay for the plumber's bill. :D

Chris21711
June 10th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Well hubby has a great talent there :thumbs up ......tell him to sell a few to pay for the plumber's bill. :D

:laughing:I'll tell him that one, I'll get the usual "I'm not paying someone $75hr to do something I can do myself. :wall:

growler~GateKeeper
June 11th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Here is one more, I know this took a spell to do, he notched each little log and then chinked them, just like a real one.

The first pic in post 1 was my fave until I saw this one ...WOW ... :thumbs up great job - definately should look into selling them for a big profit :D

rainbow
June 11th, 2008, 02:21 AM
:laughing:I'll tell him that one, I'll get the usual "I'm not paying someone $75hr to do something I can do myself. :wall:

Then tell him no more nookie until it's fixed. http://www.pic4ever.com/images/girl_crazy.gif

14+kitties
June 11th, 2008, 08:10 AM
I love that last one too!! If he ever did start selling them he would have to price them waaayy above what I could afford after spending that much time on it!!! They are all very unique!!

breeze
June 11th, 2008, 09:04 AM
beautiful bird houses..:thumbs up:thumbs up

I love all of them, it would be very hard to chose if I was buying one..

onster
March 18th, 2009, 11:10 AM
wow! i cant believe i missed this before :o

they are so beautiful chris!

no more plastic feeders for me thats for sure!

Chris21711
March 18th, 2009, 11:14 AM
wow! i cant believe i missed this before :o

they are so beautiful chris!

no more plastic feeders for me thats for sure!

You finally woke up did you :laughing: I have plastic ones too, at least the squirrels don't like the taste of plastic, 'cos they sure seem to enjoy the wooden ones :frustrated: