Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Blue Finch

Toonces
June 8th, 2008, 06:42 AM
This pretty little fella has been coming to our finch feeder for a few weeks now, 5 yrs living here and he is the first one I have seen, there is a female too her color is not as bright. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a blue finch untill I googled it, sorry the pic is not the greatest this was as close as I could get.

hazelrunpack
June 8th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Try Googling 'Indigo Bunting' :D Aren't they beautiful? :cloud9: Sing nice,too--sound like a goldfinch except that they sing each note twice. You'll recognize it if you listen for paired notes. :thumbs up

Lukka'sma
June 8th, 2008, 09:56 AM
sure looks like an Indigo Bunting to me:)

kimnmark
June 8th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Beautiful bird. I've been trying to lure them to my feeders for years with no success. Although the goldfinch seem to love them.

Toonces
June 8th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Try Googling 'Indigo Bunting' :D Aren't they beautiful? :cloud9: Sing nice,too--sound like a goldfinch except that they sing each note twice. You'll recognize it if you listen for paired notes. :thumbs up

You are so right the song they sing is amazing....so pretty but the gold finch did not like him at first, neither did the momma robin in our tree but they have all learned to get along and mommas babies have since gone but there Are new eggs now:D

happycats
June 8th, 2008, 07:21 PM
I have never seen a bird like that! beautiful.
I have a thistle seed sock and get plenty of Gold finch, but never an indigo, I would love to have one of those stop by my feeder.

hazelrunpack
June 8th, 2008, 09:12 PM
mommas babies have since gone but there Are new eggs now:D

WooooHoooooo! :highfive: madame hazel looks into her crystal ball and predicts many more indigo buntings in your future! :D

I have yet to locate any nests, but we have at least three males coming to the feeders.

clm
June 8th, 2008, 10:58 PM
What a beautiful colour! I've never seen one before.

Cindy

rainbow
June 9th, 2008, 03:35 AM
I've never seen one either......what a pretty colour. :cloud9:

Chris21711
June 10th, 2008, 09:51 AM
I've never seen one, only in books, I want one or two or more :yell: I never seem to be able to get pics of birdies, everytime I go armed with the camera they get camera shy and fly away on me :frustrated:

Toonces
June 10th, 2008, 06:28 PM
I will try to get some more pics but its not easy:wall::laughing: