Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Funny thing...

TacoGrl
June 7th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Ok, so with Mooki being sick and all, I have had time to think of when she was younger...One thing sticks in my mind...

Mooki is an indoor cat...used to be outdoors and running around until the SPCA caught her, labelled her a nuisance and I adopted her :thumbs up Anywho, about a year after I got her, I was sitting eating supper on the coffee table and Mooki was relaxing on the 4th floor balcony (not jumpable)...my Jaeger (another amazing Tabby) was sitting on the back of the sofa...got the homey pic? :D

So in comes Mooki from the balcony and jumps up on the coffee table and deposits a DEAD SPARROW ON MY PLATE!!!! I didn't know what to do, but Jaeger jumped down and smacked her and left...I just sat there with my mouth open...Mooki just sat there looking at me. I ended up just hugging her and laughing!

Any funny things you want to share?

Frenchy
June 7th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Any funny things you want to share?

Well at least your cat brought you a gift :D my cats were street cats before I adopted them , they are now stricly indoors , last winter , I had to kill a mouse that got in the house , Monsieur le chat just went to another room , uninterested , and Paddington was only playing with it , I think he was about to ask me if we could adopt the little thing :rolleyes:

hazelrunpack
June 7th, 2008, 10:26 PM
We had a dog who had the good fortune to find a filet mignon the first time he counter-surfed. :dog: When we discovered the theft, he was sitting in the kitchen looking very innocent...very happy, but very innocent. :dog:

The next time he counter-surfed he found round steak. This time, however, it was frozen solid. We heard the thunk and came into the kitchen to see him with that same innocent look on his face and the frozen hunk of meat at his feet. Busted!! :laughing:

krdahmer
June 8th, 2008, 11:06 AM
I know I've told it before but by far my favorite was when we were playing cards with some of the neighbours... out of the corner of my eye I see one of the pizzas slide out of the box and onto the floor! When I got to it, there was Palomine trying to aquire as much peperoni as possible before anyone noticed the missing pizza (and I mean a whole pizza... only one slice missing)!!! The neighbour had watched him do it and was laughing so hard he almost fell off his chair, said it was a shame none of us caught it on camera! Now we put the boxes in the oven when not in use! We call Palomine our little 'junkyard' cat... he's scrappy and into everything all the time! :lovestruck:

t.pettet
June 8th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Joe (pom x poodle) still smuggles tiny frogs into the house inside his mouth, deposits them under the couch or in his bed and lies on them. Can't count how many times a frog has lept across the floor after Joe has fallen asleep and attempted to make it's escape. He's been doing this since he was a puppy 4 yrs. ago.

14+kitties
June 8th, 2008, 07:37 PM
:DGreat stories guys!!!!! I love reading them all. :eek: Dead birds, mice, frogs, what else can our furry friends bring us? Keep them coming please.

luckypenny
June 8th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Penny likes to bring us huge rocks and tree roots :eek: she's managed to dig up in the yard :rolleyes: . How she knows exactly where to dig to find them is beyond me :shrug: .

MartiniGIrl
June 9th, 2008, 01:13 PM
I used to let my cat, AlleyCat out in my backyard only under my supervision. I had gone inside the house to get something to drink when she came running inside with a bird in her mouth!! I told her to dropit, she did, the bird wasnt dead, just stunned. It shook itself, I picked it up and placed it outside, then it flew off.

Another time AlleyCat was inside the living room sitting next to the screen patio door checking out the backyard. She saw another cat and went barrelling through the screen door to get at this cat. She literally knocked the screen door off its frame and took off outside after this cat. She was very territorial!!

sugarcatmom
June 9th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Aztec prefers "catch-and-release" with the creatures he brings me, maybe to test my ability to finish them off. Or maybe he's too squeamish to do it himself, but either way, I've been lucky with any birds being relatively unharmed, so they get to go back to the "wild" once I manage to catch them from in the house. Mice don't fair so well. I usually have to employ my cervical dislocation technique to put their soggy bodies to rest. :sad:

And then there was the time that Aztec and his brother so proudly brought me a gynormous dew worm. Dropped it on the floor in the middle of my living room, all wriggling and squirmy :eek:. Like they expected ME to know what to do with it!

rainbow
June 9th, 2008, 02:04 PM
:DGreat stories guys!!!!! I love reading them all. :eek: Dead birds, mice, frogs, what else can our furry friends bring us? Keep them coming please.

How about garter snakes and skinks? I've often had to remove the snakes from the garage that Ziggy has brought home. :eek: :yuck:

kimnmark
June 9th, 2008, 02:35 PM

snakes & worms too apparently :laughing::laughing:

I love reading the stories, but it sure makes me glad to have an indoor kitty.:)

TacoGrl
June 10th, 2008, 09:33 AM
snakes & worms too apparently :laughing::laughing:

I love reading the stories, but it sure makes me glad to have an indoor kitty.:)

Being an indoor cat does not necessarily remove the possibility of receiving "presents"...Mooki managed to snag a bird on a fourth floor balcony, so your turn is coming! :thumbs up

Here's one my little sweetheart brought me last night!

I now live on the 6th floor and I was sitting here at the computer...Mooki jumped up on the desk and I noticed her mouth wriggling...I thought something was wrong with her tongue...I panicked somewhat because of everything else going on I guess...she looked at me and opened her mouth and an earwig dropped out and onto my keyboard! Ummmm...well maintained concrete building six floors up...WHERE DID SHE FIND AN EARWIG?!?

ancientgirl
June 10th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Mine love tormenting roaches, especially Oksana. :yuck:

Melinda
June 11th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Hope it ok that Brina isn't a cat, (lab mix) and I post a story about her, she does bring me mice, alive, she then follows them around the house till I catch it and release it back outside, 3 weeks ago during a storm she found a half dead baby mouse and cried till I went and picked it up, we fed it warm rice water for two days till it quit shivering and started scampering around, then it was time to release it. Go figure *L* two weeks ago we had an injured gossling, roughly a week old, Brina kept it company and it followed her everywhere and would panic when he couldn't see Brina, even on its daily swims in our bathtub it would peep in panic till Brina would lay her big head over the tub and the gossling would swim around it. *L*
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/Shelleyb15/100_3662.jpg
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/Shelleyb15/100_3582.jpg

14+kitties
June 11th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Awwww Brina - how cute is that? Did you keep the gossling? Brina will have a companion for life! Not so sure about the mousy though. I am kinda like Frenchy that way. They are cute as long as they aren't in my house.

TacoGrl
June 11th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Hope it ok that Brina isn't a cat, (lab mix) and I post a story about her, she does bring me mice, alive, she then follows them around the house till I catch it and release it back outside, 3 weeks ago during a storm she found a half dead baby mouse and cried till I went and picked it up, we fed it warm rice water for two days till it quit shivering and started scampering around, then it was time to release it. Go figure *L* two weeks ago we had an injured gossling, roughly a week old, Brina kept it company and it followed her everywhere and would panic when he couldn't see Brina, even on its daily swims in our bathtub it would peep in panic till Brina would lay her big head over the tub and the gossling would swim around it. *L*

You are now a mom of *five* don't try to fight it! LOL!

Melinda
June 11th, 2008, 08:10 AM
no we didn't keep the gosling (Ryan) it's illegal to have wildlife in your possesion over 24 hours, spoke to the ministry and it seems they "heard" about me from a few other rescues and told me I could keep it till I found a suitable rescue, I was in contact with the wild bird rescue in Ottawa and took him there on the weekend. He's very happy there and best friends with a rooster *L* he will be released in 5 weeks at Rikers rapids in west ottawa, a conservation area with two other "damaged" geese and hopefully they will bond, because of his injury (broken/healed femur) he won't be accepted by a mom or by a flock, so he will migrate with the other damaged ones and they will return to the rapids yearly.

Melinda
June 11th, 2008, 08:12 AM
*L* @ Mooki, if I kept everything that was brought to me!!! Friday morning it was a wren in shock, but it was ok after a bit of warming and food.

kimnmark
June 11th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Being an indoor cat does not necessarily remove the possibility of receiving "presents"...Mooki managed to snag a bird on a fourth floor balcony, so your turn is coming! :thumbs up

...she looked at me and opened her mouth and an earwig dropped out and onto my keyboard! Ummmm...well maintained concrete building six floors up...WHERE DID SHE FIND AN EARWIG?!?

:eek::yuck:

Mine love tormenting roaches, especially Oksana. :yuck:

double :eek:

Frenchy
June 11th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I am kinda like Frenchy that way. They are cute as long as they aren't in my house.

:laughing: yes , the duck is cute .... :laughing:

joeysmama
June 11th, 2008, 08:39 PM
We had an indoor cat named Seena. (Short for Thomasina) She wasn't the kind of cat who tried to get out. She was pretty happy with her pampered indoor life. But for about 3 weeks one fall she would escape every chance she got. So weird. In all theyears I had her she only had the wanderlust for 3 weeks.

Anyway, she got out 3 times and dragged home a dead mole each time. I didn't realize that we kept referring to her as "the mole killer" until I was in a store with my daughter (not quite two at the time) and she wanted me to buy her a stuffed cat. "Mama buy me a moh kiwa" We still laugh at how she thought that was what cats are called.

There was a mouse problem in that neighborhood too. One time we saw a mouse run out from the basement door and run under the couch. Tom grabbed Seena and put her in front of the couch. He tipped back the couch so she could see the mouse and when she did she jumped and ran like....well like she'd seen a mouse.

Scaredy Cat:laughing::laughing:

aslan
June 11th, 2008, 08:49 PM
when our goofy golden was outside one night i looked out the door to see him playing with what i thought was a cat, he was following along behind it putting his muzzle up its rump and flipping its bum up in the air, i watched for a few minutes thinking it was our neighbours black and white cat, as they got closer i realized mr. cat, was actually mr. skunk. i whistled at quincy and the two of them both looked at me then at each other. Kinda looked like, mom wants me i gotta go..... he came to me and the skunk looked for a minute then toddled on its way...