Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another Newbie...

sophistikitten
June 6th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Hi....
Just wanted to say hello from a newbie. I'm a prairies girl, now living in Montreal. I have always lived with cats until I moved here and met my significant other, who is extremely allergic to cats.

We have one dog, his name is Toshio. We don't really know what kind of breed he is and that's okay! He is a formerly abused dog and was found thrown out a car window along the highway. He had many scars on his head and was very scared of males (as well as anyone walking with canes or hockey sticks). He is the first dog I have ever had in my life and what a year it's been! He's my joy. As well, we had neighborhood cat who spent his retirement on our shared balcony for a few months before he passed on.

I'd post a pic but I have no idea how and the little box in the bottom left corner tells me I can't post attachments. Anyway, I'm happy to have found this online community.

~Lin

Jim Hall
June 6th, 2008, 07:39 PM
well welcome cool a cat convert dogs are great and rescuing one is so rewarding i ehink you have to have a cetain number of posts before you can attcanments

sophistikitten
June 6th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Oh, I'll always love cats, all cats! Having a dog is just so much different!

I figured that was the case with attachments, no problem! :)

14+kitties
June 6th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Welcome to Pets, sophistikitten. Hope you enjoy your stay! There are lots of neat people here to talk to and learn from and just enjoy.
After you post 10, 12, however many posts you need to post, it would be great to see pics of your pup. From the avatar he looks very special indeed. Thanks for being his :angel:.

hazelrunpack
June 6th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Welcome sophistikitten! Looking forward to those pictures! :D

Frenchy
June 6th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Welcome to pets.ca , thank you so much for adopting this poor soul :thumbs up can't wait to see pictures of him ! :dog:

sophistikitten
June 7th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Thank y'all so much for the warm welcome! I typically avoid online forums since there's always so much drama but this forum seems great!

I ended up posting a few pics of Toshio on the Facebook group, if any of you are there! Oh...I just noticed I can attach pics now - yippee! Here are a few small pics of my little man.

~Lin