-->

toronto puppy mill

wdawson
June 5th, 2008, 09:50 PM
http://www.torontosun.com/News/TorontoAndGTA/2008/06/05/5776821-sun.html

:sad:

meg4050
June 5th, 2008, 09:52 PM
:wall::wall: I got a foster email this afternoon from the humane society.... they're already looking for placement outside of the shelter

wdawson
June 5th, 2008, 09:55 PM
ohh take a litter of puppies....:D.....if you can;)

meg4050
June 5th, 2008, 09:56 PM
ohh take a litter of puppies....:D.....if you can;)

I'll consider it once they've been assessed, but if they're in good enough condition to be put up for adoption, they'll be picked up pretty quickly! They really have no room, I was there on the weekend and every cage is full :sad:

wdawson
June 5th, 2008, 10:00 PM
yea every time i went.....full......lots of pits too..:sad:

meg4050
June 5th, 2008, 10:04 PM
yea every time i went.....full......lots of pits too..:sad:

Yup :sad: I almost left with one on the weekend, still can't get her out of my mind :rolleyes:

I had to get some records from fostering while I was there so I went through the back where they've just installed new cages for dogs that are lost or injured and can't be put up for adoption yet and there were 2 pittie puppies :sad: I was told they've arranged for them to go to a rescue outside of ontario though, thank god. :sad:

meg4050
June 5th, 2008, 10:07 PM
more info and some pics on the THS site http://www.torontohumanesociety.com/

wdawson
June 5th, 2008, 10:07 PM
last summer i went looking to adopt a pit named tara.....but she was not good with cats and dogs:frustrated:

meg4050
June 5th, 2008, 10:11 PM
:sad:

I almost adopted one last year, but her foster family loved her too much to give her up :lovestruck:

She was deaf except a little bit in one ear so everytime you talked to her, she'd cock her head :cloud9:

wdawson
June 5th, 2008, 10:14 PM
i can tell you....you can't go wrong adopting a pit:thumbs up

meg4050
June 5th, 2008, 10:17 PM
i can tell you....you can't go wrong adopting a pit:thumbs up

:) I know, after Morgan I don't think I could adopt anything but!

wdawson
June 5th, 2008, 10:17 PM
unless you don't like too share the couch and bed:laughing:

meg4050
June 5th, 2008, 10:19 PM
unless you don't like too share the couch and bed:laughing:

I went for years sharing a twin bed with her...and you know how they have to sprawl out as much as possible :rolleyes: plus she had to be under the covers, so I think she trained me pretty well for future pits :laughing:

meg4050
June 5th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I also had to share the dining room/computer chairs with her :rolleyes:

wdawson
June 5th, 2008, 10:21 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:.....you got a web cam in my bedroom:laughing:....thats our nights:D

meg4050
June 5th, 2008, 10:23 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:.....you got a web cam in my bedroom:laughing:....thats our nights:D

:laughing::laughing:

Now will we get to meet the infamous Bea at Woofstock? :D

Love4himies
June 6th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Grrrrrr :wall::evil::mad::yell: Why do people do this??????????????

The only good thing was the picture of Tre:flirt:

becmonchu
June 6th, 2008, 09:40 AM
^ what she said. Tre is cute oh and so is the puppies.
I'm going over to Humane Society tonight to drop off some puppy food for those poor little guys.

phoozles
June 6th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Poor pups :sad:
My sister is looking to adopt one of the pugs - she's always wanted one, and now here's her chance to save one! :thumbs up

I told her she should also save room for one of Ethel's kittens ;)

Frenchy
June 6th, 2008, 03:28 PM
These puppy mills thing will only get worse thanks to the wonderful world of internet. Until kijiji and places like these stop people from selling pets on their websites , it will only get worse :mad:

Sylvie
June 6th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I agree with you Frenchy

How the :censored: do we stop them? :sad:

Frenchy
June 6th, 2008, 03:56 PM
How the :censored: do we stop them? :sad:

The laws here sucks and politicians are not listening. All we can do is educate people , to tell them don't buy in pet shops and don't by over the internet. Tell them to go to GOOD breeders or , my favorites : rescue from shelters and rescues !!!!