Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Golden wannabe

Frenchy
June 5th, 2008, 07:45 PM
OMG this is sooo funny. So I got a new foster , I was told she was a 12 yr old golden mix , on the smaller size. Saw a picture , yep , looks like a golden. Thanks to many rescue volunteers who saved this girl from death row only because the owners are getting divorce. When she finally got to Poodletalk (she drove her to my work place , thanks again Poodletalk !!! ) she calls me saying : hummm .... are you ready to meet your cocker ? :laughing: So the father was a golden , mom was a lab/cocker. So she's a mini golden/lab / cocker size :laughing: soooo darn adorable !!! :lovestruck: Here she is :

1. so that's what the country smells like !
2. sniff sniff , nice to meet you :)
3. mid shake

Frenchy
June 5th, 2008, 07:48 PM
BTW her name is Chloe :D

1. face shot (she has a huge pimple/bump on her eye lid , just like Bailey had last year)
2. you can only see her tiny legs behind Nelly :laughing:
3. how cute are they ? (you can see a bit of Paddy near Nelly's front legs)

katherine93
June 5th, 2008, 07:50 PM
AWWW!! shes so adorable..she looks like a golden puppy! And shes 12!!!!:eek: HOpe everything works out..I think frenchy will have her adopted within a couple of days! lol:p:D:thumbs up

Thanks for saving this girl frenchy and poddletalk!

happycats
June 5th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Awww Chloe is sooooo cute :lovestruck:

So she's a Labragoldencock? :D

Frenchy
June 5th, 2008, 07:59 PM
So she's a Labragoldencock? :D

I think we should find another name then labragoldencock

:laughing:

awwww , she's laying at my feet :cloud9:

aslan
June 5th, 2008, 08:16 PM
aaaw she's a cutie frenchy and nelly has a little one to mentor on chewing the evil comforter. How bout a goldenlabraspaniel.

Winston
June 5th, 2008, 08:16 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Frenchy! I almost fell off my chair!

BTW she is beautiful and gets along with everyone! thats so great

Cindy

happycats
June 5th, 2008, 08:22 PM
What about a Goldencockretriever? :D ;)
You should have no trouble finding her a home......women will be knocking down your door

Frenchy
June 5th, 2008, 08:24 PM
BTW she is beautiful and gets along with everyone! thats so great

Cindy

She fits right under Nelly :laughing: everytime I go to another room , come back and see her , I laugh :laughing: not at her , but I'm not use to see half dogs at my house :laughing: she's adorable !

Frenchy
June 5th, 2008, 08:25 PM
How bout a goldenlabraspaniel.

sounds good to me :D

Frenchy
June 5th, 2008, 08:26 PM
You should have no trouble finding her a home......women will be knocking down your door

Poodletalk said while she was walking her in Montreal , everybody would look at Chloe and smile :)

aslan
June 5th, 2008, 08:29 PM
She looks like she's been clipped so i gather she has the cocker coat not the goldens. She looks so cuddleable and it's great she's fitting in so fast, says alot about your other fuzzbutts.

ancientgirl
June 5th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Aww she's adorable. I love the picture of her little legs behind Nelly!:laughing:

How sad though she was almost killed because her owners are getting a divorce! WTH?:frustrated:

Frenchy
June 5th, 2008, 08:36 PM
She looks like she's been clipped so i gather she has the cocker coat not the goldens.

I think she has the golden coat , ok maybe more lab , here's the original picture , when I thought she was a golden mix , well she is but ..... :laughing:

Boubou
June 5th, 2008, 08:36 PM
She's sooo cute! She's a take anywhere kind of Golden!! She looks like she fits right in, like she's been there forever..very cute...:p

aslan
June 5th, 2008, 08:40 PM
aaaw must let pupster fuzz grow back in, is her coat soft or coarse. i wanna cuddle her.

Frenchy
June 5th, 2008, 08:44 PM
. i wanna cuddle her.

First dog I could pick up and hug. But I'll wait a few days :D don't want to scare her , she did get on her back for a belly rub earlier , but I can tell she prefers bum scratches. :dog:

Even the cats went straight up to her to greet her. :cat:

poodletalk
June 5th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Finally, I find the thread about Chole!

She's so adorable, if Maggie got along better with small dogs,I would take her in a second.

hazelrunpack
June 5th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Poodletalk said while she was walking her in Montreal , everybody would look at Chloe and smile :)

I can see why! :flirt: What a doll!!!!! :D

She and Grace would get along well. Grace is half the size of the other Packmembers--they could exchange notes on how to make sure the bigger ones respeck their authoritah! :laughing:

That picture of Paddy, Nelly and Chloe looking out the door is just precious! They look like they've been together for years! :cloud9:

wdawson
June 5th, 2008, 08:54 PM
she did get on her back for a belly rub earlier , but I can tell she prefers bum scratches

she is very cute frenchy.....give her butt rubs for me.....bea loves them:D

Frenchy
June 5th, 2008, 08:56 PM
they could exchange notes on how to make sure the bigger ones respeck their authoritah! :laughing:

She already started .... Nelly was zooming outside and Chloe was barking at her :laughing: she does make me thing of Grace :cloud9:

meg4050
June 5th, 2008, 09:10 PM
oooooh Frenchy she's adorable!! I have a soft spot for spaniels :lovestruck:

Frenchy
June 5th, 2008, 09:13 PM
I have a soft spot for spaniels :lovestruck:

ahem , she is not a spaniel , she is a pure goldenlabraspaniel :rolleyes: :D

meg4050
June 5th, 2008, 09:16 PM
there's still some in there!! :p She still looks like a puppy :lovestruck::lovestruck:

I found out one of my good friends is doing an exchange in Quebec this summer, maybe I'll stop by when I come visit her :D

Frenchy
June 5th, 2008, 09:17 PM
I found out one of my good friends is doing an exchange in Quebec this summer, maybe I'll stop by when I come visit her :D

wooohooo ! my door is always open ! :)

meg4050
June 5th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I forget where she said the exchange was but either way, I haven't been to Quebec in sooo long and I want to go again :D

I guess I need to buy another suitcase so Chloe can fit too :rolleyes:

angeldogs
June 5th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Awww she is so cute.she must be a real sweetheart.

Frenchy
June 5th, 2008, 09:25 PM
I guess I need to buy another suitcase so Chloe can fit too :rolleyes:

:laughing: nice try :cool: oh and maybe she won't be here this summer , maybe she'll get adopted by then ....

Frenchy
June 5th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Awww she is so cute.she must be a real sweetheart.

so far so good :D

meg4050
June 5th, 2008, 09:29 PM
:laughing: nice try :cool: oh and maybe she won't be here this summer , maybe she'll get adopted by then ....

Guess I'll just play it by ear then, I'm sure I can borrow an extra bag from my roomie if need be :D

angeldogs
June 5th, 2008, 09:29 PM
so far so good :D

That's good.will need more pics of her and the doggie gang.and kitties all together in one pic:laughing:

14+kitties
June 5th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Thank you Frenchy for being such an angel and taking in this girl. She is absolutely adorable! What selfish people her previous owners are! I am sure she is going to fit right in with your bunch. She already has! I love all of the pics. Don't think I can pick a favourite!

diandpat
June 5th, 2008, 10:12 PM
OMG she is too cute! Looks like she is already fitting in nicely! :cloud9:

12 yrs old and neither of these divorcers would take her??? Sick :sad:

growler~GateKeeper
June 5th, 2008, 10:13 PM
here's the original picture , when I thought she was a golden mix , well she is but ..... :laughing:

I thought something looked abit off in that pic but thought okay she's a mix :shrug: wasn't expecting that mix :laughing: she's very cute :cloud9:

JanM
June 5th, 2008, 10:21 PM
What a sweet, adorable "little" girl! She looks like she fits right in with everyone..

kimnmark
June 6th, 2008, 05:46 AM
Whatever you call the mix, she sure is gorgeous! I love the photo where you just see legs; too sweet.

duttypaws
June 6th, 2008, 06:09 AM
:lovestruck: shes a doll.... 12 ... she is permanent puppy. :)

Love4himies
June 6th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Oh Frenchy she is so adorable, what evil people could consider putting this sweetie down.:flirt:

You are 110% :angel:!!!!!!!!!!!!!

poodletalk
June 6th, 2008, 07:17 AM
12 yrs old and neither of these divorcers would take her??? Sick

Yes vey sick! When the owners found out someone would take her, pick her up on Friday, the owners made an appoitment to euthanise her on Wednesday! We had to beg the owner not to do it and someone would pick her up on Thursday.

The owner was very uncooperative towards us on the meeting point to get the dog, she wanted someone meet her on the side of some road which was REALLY far my office during the day. I got my friend from a cat rescue group to meet her and bring her to me. Chole had a busy day yesterday, meeting so many new people and car rides.

Love4himies
June 6th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Yes vey sick! When the owners found out someone would take her, pick her up on Friday, the owners made an appoitment to euthanise her on Wednesday! We had to beg the owner not to do it and someone would pick her up on Thursday.

The owner was very uncooperative towards us on the meeting point to get the dog, she wanted someone meet her on the side of some road which was REALLY far my office during the day. I got my friend from a cat rescue group to meet her and bring her to me. Chole had a busy day yesterday, meeting so many new people and car rides.

:sad::mad::yell::evil:

Chris21711
June 6th, 2008, 09:38 AM
She is so pretty, your guys are great Frenchy the way they quickly accept her, she is one lucky girl to have you as a Fostermum :)

With a name like that, maybe men would be knocking her door down. :fingerscr

Finally, I find the thread about Chole!

Took me awhile too Poodletalk :cool:

What :censored::censored:

It's great what you guys did, million kudos to you :highfive:

Any word on the BERNER :lovestruck:

badger
June 6th, 2008, 10:03 AM
I would've bopped the woman. With pleasure. I hope she is reduced to abject poverty, her poverty of spirit is already in place.
12 years of devotion and then used as some kind of pawn..
Good thing Frenchy was there to catch Chloe. She looks thrilled with her new digs and friends.

ancientgirl
June 6th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Unbelievable. So they couldn't wait two days for someone to pick up the dog, they wanted it dead that badly?

Was one of them trying to make the other suffer by killing their dog? I just can't wrap my brain around that one.

Frenchy
June 6th, 2008, 11:05 AM

The owner was very uncooperative towards us

I would've bopped the woman.

I am very thankfull that someone else delt with the owners , I don,t think I could have kept my cool :mad:

Poor little Chloe had a bad night , she stayed in the solarium (didn't want to come in the bedroom with us , even if Nelly went to get her / checked up on her a few times :p) and cried a bit during the night. She seemed sad this morning. My BIL is coming with the kids later , I'm hoping the kids will cheer up Chloe . :fingerscr

poodletalk
June 6th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Unbelievable. So they couldn't wait two days for someone to pick up the dog, they wanted it dead that badly?

It was weird situation, it was like the owner was thinking she was doing us a favour and she was calling all the shots. The owner was using the word "euthansia" for us to move faster. It wasn't an empty threat either, the woman wanted to originally euthanise her instead of surrending her to a rescue.

The main thing is, Chloe is safe and sound!

poodletalk
June 6th, 2008, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE]and cried a bit during the night. She seemed sad this morning /QUOTE]

Did you put out her pathetic looking cushion? Maybe having the cushion will comfort her. Poor Chloe!

Frenchy
June 6th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Did you put out her pathetic looking cushion? Maybe having the cushion will comfort her. Poor Chloe!

Yes I did , even if I wanted to throw them in the garbage :yuck: I showed her the other ones we have but she went back in the solarium. I'm sure she'll get better , I'm leaving work now , she won't be alone all day at least :shrug:

Ford Girl
June 6th, 2008, 11:15 AM
She is very cute!! :lovestruck: Perfect size if you ask me...:thumbs up

I can't fathom it either, I mean in 12 years, didn't you take pictures of her, build memories, love her at one point in time. I don't get it and you know what - people like us will never understand. :frustrated: :mad: :sad:

She'll come around Frenchy, I think it would be harder on her to go to a home without other dogs or a shelter, at your palce you have a well adjusted happy pack of dogs, she will learn quick that your place is safe, and fun and can provide her with the doggie essentials.

I think it's amazing how your dogs accpeted her with open paws, it just shows that dogs are wonderful creatures. :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

loopoo
June 6th, 2008, 11:58 AM
she is a beauty:lovestruck: and i am sure she will be fine.. people that just give up their pets after so many years make me want to scream:wall: she is lucky to be with you and yours and will realize that she is in a good place in no time:)

aslan
June 6th, 2008, 01:18 PM
That's soo sad that baby chloe missed her mommy who wasn't thinking twice about putting her down. Yay for nelly looking after her.

Jim Hall
June 6th, 2008, 01:39 PM
what an adorable dog how bout a recocker ?

Frenchy
June 6th, 2008, 02:25 PM
She'll come around Frenchy,

Ah ha ! She's my best friend now :D she became very interested in me :rolleyes: when I began to eat my chicken, so I shared some with her :laughing: she even kissed me ! And it had nothing to do with the fact that I smelled like chicken ! :rolleyes: I think she is use to people's food , and I just remembered the cocker we had when I was young .... if it's possible , cockers are more food motivated than goldens .... :eek: :p

Oh and I got her a cute little pink collar , a new smaller food bowl and smaller treats just for her :cloud9:

14+kitties
June 6th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Poor Chloe to be rewarded for her love and loyalty that way. Some people are so :evil: they should not be able to breathe the same air that pets do. She quite obviously is trying to hurt her husband any way she can. But then he can't be any better than her. :evil: people!

And Frenchy - thanks for being her :angel:

Frenchy
June 6th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Thanks everyone for your kinds words . By now , I guess you all figured out I'm a sucker for older dogs :p

Ford Girl
June 6th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Ah ha ! She's my best friend now :D she became very interested in me :rolleyes: when I began to eat my chicken, so I shared some with her :laughing: she even kissed me ! And it had nothing to do with the fact that I smelled like chicken ! :rolleyes: I think she is use to people's food , and I just remembered the cocker we had when I was young .... if it's possible , cockers are more food motivated than goldens .... :eek: :p

Oh and I got her a cute little pink collar , a new smaller food bowl and smaller treats just for her :cloud9:

Is it even possible to be MORE food motivated then a golden? :eek: Good lord! :laughing: Sometimes thats all it takes, something to trigger the trust in you, her new human.

Did you have the other 3 giving the "ol'poor starving me" look too? :rolleyes:

Frenchy
June 6th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Did you have the other 3 giving the "ol'poor starving me" look too? :rolleyes:

they don't have that look , but they have the drool though :laughing: I was sitting at the kitchen island , which is low enough for Nelly to put her head on , and within seconds , it was full of drool , she was even making bubbles :laughing: and yes , they all had chicken :shrug:

poodletalk
June 6th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I'm glad Chole is feeling better! :thumbs up

Elizabeth Ann
June 6th, 2008, 03:25 PM
[QUOTE=Frenchy;602786]I think she is use to people's food , and I just remembered the cocker we had when I was young .... if it's possible , cockers are more food motivated than goldens .... :eek: :p
QUOTE]

Cockers area all about the food... nothing else matters but food.

As you all know I have a 12 year old cocker steppuppy and even though she has only been in my life for 2 1/2 years I could never even think of giving her up.

I just don't understand what was going thru those people's (and I use that term losely) heads. How could they just give up a dog because they were splitting up. If I ever split up with my BF (knock on wood that it doesn't happen) I would fight long and hard for all three.

But all in all this little girl is lucky to have found such a good home.

luckypenny
June 6th, 2008, 03:27 PM

:eek:

:laughing: heeheeee too funny :D .

She's beautiful Frenchy. I love the pic of her (or her legs anyways :laughing:) behind Nelly too :cloud9: .

hazelrunpack
June 6th, 2008, 04:10 PM

Food, fashions, friends! :D Chloe must be on :cloud9:. Now all she needs are a few cuddles at night on the bed and she'll be right as rain!

How did she like her new collar?

Frenchy
June 6th, 2008, 04:13 PM
How did she like her new collar?

It's not on yet. Her old one was yucky and kind of tight , so I took it off yesterday to be able to scratch her neck :cloud9: will wait until she gets a bath before I put her collar on , she smells a bit but I want to give her a few days of peace before the dreaded bath :D

hazelrunpack
June 6th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Good thinkin'! :thumbs up :D

chico2
June 6th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Aww Frenchy,it took me 5 minutes to get on,but it was well worth it.What a beautiful little girl,maybe she's not 12yrs old,maybe that was just an excuse for those sorry morons to have her killed?
Cockers are definetly 200% food-oriented,I know from Bailey:cat:
I am sure Chloe will be a love-bug in no time in your wonderful dog/kitty haven:cat::dog:
Thank's also to Poodletalk for once again coming to the rescue,knowing Frenchy would be there with open arms:grouphug:
Failed foster,I hope:fingerscr

KimandAutumn
June 6th, 2008, 06:36 PM
She's lovely. You should keep her. Every Dane needs their own Labracockadoodledoo...........or whatever you call her. :laughing:

Frenchy
June 6th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Failed foster,I hope:fingerscr

She's lovely. You should keep her.

Darn ... she's already adopted :wall:

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=53019

:rolleyes:

KimandAutumn
June 6th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Darn ... she's already adopted :wall:

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=53019

:rolleyes:

Good for you!! She's adorable. You know this means we will expect lots of pics, ok? :D

Frenchy
June 6th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Good for you!! She's adorable. You know this means we will expect lots of pics, ok? :D

ya ya ! :thumbs up

katherine93
June 7th, 2008, 12:11 PM
AWWW!! shes so adorable..she looks like a golden puppy! And shes 12!!!!:eek: HOpe everything works out..I think frenchy will have her adopted within a couple of days! lol:p:D:thumbs up

I beleive i called that one! lol :laughing: Good for you frenchy!!

otter
June 7th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Katherine, you are sooooooooo wise :thumbs up

There is something about pets.ca meetup weekends and adoptions in the Frenchy household.... last year the weekend of the pets.ca meetup was when I adopted Molly from Frenchy :D:crazy: I guess her house must have been missing a little something ever since http://bestsmileys.com/dogs/1.gif

Yipeeeeeeee for Chloe and Frenchy! :highfive:

Frenchy
June 7th, 2008, 09:06 PM
There is something about pets.ca meetup weekends and adoptions in the Frenchy household....

:laughing: you're right, so when is the next meetup ? :eek:

rainbow
June 8th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Congratulations Frenchy :thumbs up .....Chloe is just toooo cute. :cloud9:

I think we should find another name then labragoldencock

:laughing: :laughing:

ahem , she is not a spaniel , she is a pure goldenlabraspaniel :rolleyes: :D

How about a Goldenlabracock? :D

AND.....how about more pics? :D

FancyAppy
June 8th, 2008, 07:11 PM
OMG...she is sooooo cute! She would be so easy to keep.What a dog. I love all the pics but the one where you see only her little short legs behind Nelly is so cute.
12 years old and going into foster because of divorce...how heartbreaking. She deserves so much better. And she will get it from you. Bless you for taking her and showering her with love.