Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost: Overweight Grey Cat in Dorval, QC

canine14
June 4th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Abby is an indoor-only cat who slipped out of my ex's house about two weeks ago. After frantic searching and a few sightings, we have not gotten her back. She is mostly grey and is overweight. She was not wearing a collar as she has never once ventured outside in six years. She is spayed and has all her claws. She may be shy and scared but is not aggressive or mean in any way.

She was last seen around Carson/Pine Beach in Dorval. PLEASE if you have found her, respond to this ad or email harryis21@yahoo.com. PLEASE. We are desperate to have her back and are sick thinking about her outside by herself.

Love4himies
June 5th, 2008, 01:26 PM
The best time to look for her is during the night when all is quiet. If she is scared, she is not going to come out of hiding even if she hears you. Bring a bag of her favourite treats, or a can of her fav food/tuna with a can opener if she responds to the noise of a can opening.

Also, if you can, keep a box in your yard with some of her and your stuff in it for scent, check the box through out the night. People have had luck with that.

My parent's neighbours lost their indoor cat for five days, it was hiding under my parents deck, wouldn't come when called, and my mother found it peering through their basement window at 4AM. Nobody knew the cat was staying under the deck until then. Don't give up people have found their cats after it being lost for a month!

canine14
June 9th, 2008, 09:47 AM
FOUND

After diligent searching for three weeks, she was discovered not far from the house but was traumatized and frightened. Thankfully I have a humane trap. So Abby is home now!

Love4himies
June 9th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Wahoo, I am so happy for you. Indoor kitties rarely wander far and find the first hiding spot and stay put until the middle of the night.