Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Can A Mini Dashund breed a full grown German Shorthair Pointer?

hjpointers
June 4th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Can A Mini Dashund breed a full grown German Shorthair Pointer? We have a GSP that is in heat right now & she is about 50 lbs. The dashund weighs 12 lbs & is not neutered. Is it possible for them to breed?

Also can a litter of puppies have 2 fathers?

growler~GateKeeper
June 4th, 2008, 05:17 PM
yes to both questions

I suggest you keep them separated and spay your girl when she comes out of heat & neuter the boys now

katherine93
June 4th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Are you asking this because you want them to breed? Cause' i suggest you dont, There are so many animal shelters crowded already! Just my opinion;) Yea they can breed. but like i said, i dont sugest it..

hjpointers
June 4th, 2008, 05:27 PM
No I don't want them to breed. Would they have to get hung up in order to produce puppies?

LavenderRott
June 4th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Not necessarily.

I would respectfully suggest that you get your dogs spayed/neutered and learn a ton more about breeding before attempting to breed a dog of either breed. While it looks rather simple, it really isn't and not knowing what you are doing can endanger not only the lives of any puppies but the life of the mother.

hjpointers
June 4th, 2008, 05:46 PM
I have no intentions to ever breed the two together. I just want to make sure they can't get bred. How is it possible for a mini that has a 3in penis to compare to a full grown males penis? His knot would slip right out of the female.

jiorji
June 4th, 2008, 06:03 PM
would you like me to draw you a picture??:laughing:

i'm sure it's entirely possible as long as you have the tools needed:rolleyes:

LavenderRott
June 4th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Well, I must admit I had a giggle picturing someone with a ruler measuring their dog's "equipment".

You really should read this thread. http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=52879

katherine93
June 4th, 2008, 06:14 PM
I assume you havent seen a Chirottie.(misture between chihuaha and a rottweiler) Of course the male being the chi and female the rottie, I have and they are adorable/weird little creatures..Lol...How did this happen? I have nooo clue, but it sure makes me giggle...lol:laughing::lovestruck::p:thumbs up

hjpointers
June 4th, 2008, 06:14 PM
It was just a guess.

jiorji
June 4th, 2008, 06:46 PM
well you might be right but i think it's enough to make it happen and there's many odd breeds out there so better safe than sorry

SnowDancer
June 4th, 2008, 10:06 PM
I wouldn't risk it for a second. The big girls were bending over for my 2 super model 10 and 12 lb., respectively, male mini Dachshunds. They were happy to oblige - but had been NEUTERED!