Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sampson

want4rain
June 4th, 2008, 10:02 AM
ok guys... im obsessing. ive had this pup on my brain since i laid eyes on him. which has only been twice. the first time he was depressed because his sister was adopted. the second time he was a total show off. he would sit and swing his paw at me like he was waving, then he would do that sort of woofy/roo talking thing and look at me like 'arent you going to tell me thats the cutest thing ever?!' and of course im standing there totally lost in those big giant brown eyes... but i DID tell him he was the cutest thing ever!! and he lapped that up like the dry wasted land of Arizona after the rain. he smushed his face up to the fencing and just LOOKED at me.

here is Sampson. (http://www.petharbor.com/detail.asp?ID=A096498&LOCATION=ORNC&searchtype=ADOPT&start=4&stylesheet=include/default.css&friends=1&samaritans=1&nosuccess=0&rows=10&imght=120&imgres=thumb&view=sysadm.v_animal_short&nomax=1&fontface=arial&fontsize=10&zip=27516&miles=5&shelterlist='ORNC'&atype=&where=type_DOG)

-ashley

Edit- anyways, where i was going with that was now is where you tell me that we dont need another dog, money is tight, space is tight, my husband would kill me.... we did a poor job training and socializing Mister.... id have to vacuum even MORE... we have no where for a second kennel... my husband would kill me....

Chris21711
June 4th, 2008, 10:21 AM
What's one more :D

ancientgirl
June 4th, 2008, 10:32 AM
I can't be much help. I'm already bringing another cat myself, and I've already been told by my friends if I got one more cat they'd have me institutionalized.

He's awfully cute.

Love4himies
June 4th, 2008, 10:35 AM
I know how you feel, W4R, everytime I have to go to the local shelter, I am sick to my stomach with all the cats begging for me to take them home. :cry:

Hubby is really not going to kill you, so you can scratch that one off,

Mister just needs another dog for a playmate and will help socialize him, so you can scratch that one off,

Maybe Mister and Sampson will get along so well they can share a kennel, so that one is just a maybe,

As for vaccumming, that is really an option, so it can be done just as frequently as you were doing before, so that excuse is nixxed.

Well, the financial issue is the only one that I can think maybe is valid. Need to pay the bills. Can you supplement their feedings with a less expensive food to make up the difference?

want4rain
June 4th, 2008, 10:36 AM
the other thing is Chris is pretty set on adopting older, harder to place dogs here on out. we want to build a house in about 5-8 years and bring home only older animals as our current ones pass. he feels a little bummed that we have only adopted puppies and kittens. :lovestruck::lovestruck: i sure love this guy. :)

-ash

Love4himies
June 4th, 2008, 10:38 AM
the other thing is Chris is pretty set on adopting older, harder to place dogs here on out. we want to build a house in about 5-8 years and bring home only older animals as our current ones pass. he feels a little bummed that we have only adopted puppies and kittens. :lovestruck::lovestruck: i sure love this guy. :)

-ash

Ok that is one valid reason in my mind. Puppies and young dogs are quicker to be adopted.

bendyfoot
June 4th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Um....I'm no help. He's REALLY cute!!! :lovestruck:

Frenchy
June 4th, 2008, 12:41 PM
the other thing is Chris is pretty set on adopting older, harder to place dogs here on out.

:thumbs up

Chaser
June 4th, 2008, 02:46 PM
I can't say no to any dogs...I'd get Sampson AND adopt older dogs later :shrug: I couldn't say no to either, so I'm useless in the rationality department. Once I live in the country with few to no restrictions I want a whole pack :cloud9:

14+kitties
June 4th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Samson is really cute! If he is so smart he could help settle the older, less adoptable doggies later on. He is short hair. Not much more hair to vaccuum. And really - what's one more? :rolleyes: