Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pit Bull Attack!!

Lucky Rescue
July 2nd, 2004, 07:13 PM
Or is it? I've seen a lot of pit bulls and see NO trace of that breed in this dog. This is just one instance of incorrect breed ID. How many more are similar to this? :mad:
As I've said, the headlines, "Mutt Attacks" would hardly draw the general public - looking for thrills, chills, and titillation - would it?

NON pit bull attacks (http://www.macon.com/mld/telegraph/9035963.htm)

sammiec
July 2nd, 2004, 07:31 PM
I saw that on the other board. It's ridiculous eh? I mean the thing looks more like a shepard rottie cross. But hey, onyl pit bulls attack, so once again, it's a pit bull!!! :mad: :( ... Animal control should be aware of breed traits since they do meet so many dogs - you'd think that they'd have a better idea then a regular citizen.

Lucky Rescue
July 2nd, 2004, 07:51 PM
Oh, was that on PBP? I dont' always read all the threads. Lousy moderator, eh? :D

sammiec
July 2nd, 2004, 07:55 PM
LMAO!! - you replied to it!!! :D Unless you just did that recently.... you're funny!! I think you're a great mod. - what are you supposed to do when you get that job?!? :p Just read all the threads and take out bad stuff? You see any of them before they get on the board?

Lucky Rescue
July 2nd, 2004, 08:35 PM
Now I'm getting confused. :confused: Yes, I saw it over there after I posted this original post here. :eek:

Yeah, I try and keep order over there - things do get out of hand quite often.

We have no more probs with nasty dogfighters and wannabes posting there since we changed our registration procedure. :D Had to kick quite a few of them off first.

sammiec
July 2nd, 2004, 08:37 PM
AHH, I see what happened. I didn't know when you had put this post up, LOL!!

Karin
July 2nd, 2004, 09:07 PM
I will refrain from any comment. Does not count anyway.

Good luck to all that has made life your mission. Life does count for something. Give it your all....100 years from now, hopefully, it will make it's mark and move on. We can only do so much.....

Who said that?

Luba
July 2nd, 2004, 09:28 PM
Uhh that dog does not look pbt to me???? :confused: AT ALL!!

LavenderRott
July 2nd, 2004, 10:53 PM
I'm not seeing any rott in there either. Maybe shepherd/lab mix.

Luba
July 2nd, 2004, 11:33 PM
I brightened it up a little..

chico2
July 3rd, 2004, 08:04 AM
Whatever kind of dog he is,he looks terrified and very sad..... :mad:

Lucky Rescue
July 3rd, 2004, 10:08 AM
Maybe shepherd/lab mix.

Yeah, looks something like that. Looks like they were kept outside too, in that crappy enclosure.

Luba
July 3rd, 2004, 11:29 AM
And another destiny ends tragically because of stupid people!

Spoiled
July 3rd, 2004, 03:30 PM
Did you notice what they said was "pitbull" "pitbull" and more "pitbull" at the begining, and at the end they said that it most likely wasn't. Idiots. :mad:

jenjen
July 4th, 2004, 01:09 PM
"there ought to be human obedience classes"
I AGREE

That poor dog looks very unhappy. If I had lousy owners I might be inclined to bite too.

jenjen
July 4th, 2004, 02:33 PM
I agree, we do it to the dogs lets start doing it to the owners

Spoiled
July 4th, 2004, 03:50 PM
This is unfair. Any dog, long haired or short who attacks is called a "pitbull"

Lucky Rescue
July 4th, 2004, 09:23 PM
instead of putting the dog down... how about we put the owner down!

Now THAT'S the best idea I've heard in ages!!! http://www.jp3d.net/yahoo/images/dont_steal_these_images2/59.gif

MBRA518
July 4th, 2004, 10:01 PM
True the dog hardly looks like a pit of any type or a mix - but he does look like my Bull Mastif - Rottie cross a little... but anyway, what every he was it's too bad, I hate seeing that happn to dogs.

However did any of you read the rest of the article - unlike most non dog people who would surely just roll their eyes and say "humh" after seeing yet another people killing "pit bull" headline :rolleyes: ... but for anyone who got past that headline - the end part of the actual article echo's much of what you all said - how actual pitbulls are not people agressive by nature and how most dogs the media calls "pit bulls" are not at all, or are at the very least mixed breeds where the other breed in the mix is likely the one bringing the agressive side. So at least it ended well.

Luba
July 4th, 2004, 11:44 PM
Yes I read the entire article, but it's too bad they put the most important information at the end.

MBRA518
July 5th, 2004, 08:33 AM
Yes I read the entire article, but it's too bad they put the most important information at the end.

well maybe not - the last thing you read is often what you remember most.

Luba
July 5th, 2004, 10:48 AM
IF they read that far!

mastifflover
July 5th, 2004, 12:17 PM
That is about as much of a Pit Bull as my English Mastiff is. Why can't these people get the facts straight. It is probably a lab mix which by the way the lab has the highest incidence of biting of any dog. But it would not grab headlines if it did not blame a breed that they want banned.

Luba
July 5th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Ya "Lab bites news at 11"

People would thing it's something to do with information on computers in laboratories!!

LMFHO